• Youth Facilities - upgrade option not available (+ build new stadium query)

JAwtunes
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

1) This has been mentioned by several others but I thought I would also raise the issue.  In my save I don't believe I have ever had the option to upgrade my youth facilities.  I have attached the latest save (2030).  I save after every season and after every youth intake and am able to confirm the following:

image.png.f2a232d4f0a214d9c9882a7015c79094.png

2) Could you also confirm why I am currently able to request a new stadium be built when we're due to move into a new stadium (currently in construction I assume) in ~6 months?

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Try to request youth facilities upgrade

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Typically if the board wouldn't accept the request for an increase in youth facilities under any circumstances then we don't display the option to ask - this is something we've now put under review on the back of your comments to make things clearer.

Similarly, the stadium issue is now one we've put under investigation. 

I'll pass your save file over to our testing team to have a look and see why you've never had the option at all to increase your facilities. This isn't something that seems widespread - we would have had many more issues raised regarding this - so we suspect it's something local.

Can only apologise in the meantime, but we'll try and get back to you as quick as we can. 

On 05/04/2022 at 12:12, Kyle Brown said:

Typically if the board wouldn't accept the request for an increase in youth facilities under any circumstances then we don't display the option to ask - this is something we've now put under review on the back of your comments to make things clearer.

Similarly, the stadium issue is now one we've put under investigation. 

I'll pass your save file over to our testing team to have a look and see why you've never had the option at all to increase your facilities. This isn't something that seems widespread - we would have had many more issues raised regarding this - so we suspect it's something local.

Can only apologise in the meantime, but we'll try and get back to you as quick as we can. 

Thanks for your response @Kyle Brown.

I am playing a youth academy save and this has been discussed by several others in the thread . There are at least two other bug reports about the youth facilities bug. This is a bug affecting several others.

As an update, I have played another 12 months, all with the latest mini patch 22.4.1 (I think) and in a new stadium, and have still not had the option to ask for the youth facilities to be improved - just training facilities. Finances were about 1m to 700k this season, so more than enough for an improvement from Basic youth facilities.

Edited by JAwtunes

@WhiteCat33sorry for the notification mate but I'm pretty sure you raised this as a bug before me. I know it's all but killed your save in Slovenia. I'm just keen to make sure this gets nudged up the SI bug checking list as it's game breaking for us youth academy players. Do you know who else in the youth academy thread has noticed this?

@the_hdk posted an update on Saturday (youth academy challenge thread). Training facilities are being upgraded to state of the art but youth facilities stuck due to bug.

@dkouv @Makoto Nakamurawere discussing how this might be linked to stadium building on Sunday.

Sorry for the spam and notifications all!!, I just thought this might help @Kyle Brown know that this is affecting several of us in the youth challenge thread (and is serious bug for us). He will also know who to go to if he needs a few more save files to interrogate...

Edited by JAwtunes
    Creating list

Yes, definitely seems like there's an issue there, I raised it as a bug myself. It seems way too difficult to upgrade youth facilities relative to training facilities, many people are waiting 6+ years for an upgrade, sometimes this seems to be linked with the new stadium being built (no upgrades after new stadium) other times not.

Now, I just managed to ask for an upgrade after playing through a full season on the latest update (22.4.1) (about 2-3 years since my last upgrade), so I don't know if this has been fixed, improved, or I'll have to wait 6+ years for the next one )) Happy to upload the save if it helps (the one where I managed to ask for it; the one where I was failing is uploaded at the linked bug report above).

Appreciate it might not be an easy one to fix, but would be great to know if you guys at SI are looking into it.

Not to worry about the notification, I'm all for getting to the bottom of this issue! The first person to mention this happening to them was @Koetzer with their Iceland run shortly after the release of the first Winter update. It is us comparing our situations that we suspected the bug had something to do with Stadium Construction/Expansion as we weren't sure what else was similar about our saves. Here is one of their final save-updates mentioning how after their 3rd technological downgrade for Youth Facilities even after 3 years they still hadn't been given the option to return them to State of the Art. In the group doing the YAC he is one of the few who was already late-game before the bug appeared so his experience is one where the only explanation can be a bug considering it was the 3rd time his board was presented the opportunity to boost the Youth Facilities back up and they did so the other 2 without any fuss.

Instead of making my own bug report I first commented my situation on two existing bugs: here and on @dkouv's bug report. The first seems to be getting some more comments lately from the community. For both of these I submitted my Slovenia save "Slovenia Youth Facility Issue.fm". Then after the 2nd Winter update (22.4) came out I played an entire season in my save, but still had no ability to upgrade my youth facilities, so I posted my bug report here uploading a new save "Slovenia Youth Facilities Issue2.fm". I set the save such that if you advance the game my main training facilities will get downgraded, and while I have the ability to return them to max I still have no option to upgrade my just "Excellent" youth facilities and its been 6 full years since my Excellent upgrade, which occurred before the Winter Update was released.

Not sure who else has had this issue in the YAC beyond who you've already mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to show all your year-by-years as that's something I can't with my save-overwriting.

Edited by WhiteCat33

@Kyle Brownsorry for the notification but just wanted to provide a bit more info on this.  I have updated the table to include the options available at the end of each season (so ~10 years).  I have also looked at the notes (screenshots) I keep after significant events in the save.  I had forgotten that I 'accidentally' had a youth facilities improvement when a new board approved the creation of a youth academy (youth recruitment request approved and cost £80k on the day it was approved).

image.png.c49a530ea1224a8dcca9ea0f4c699ab4.png

image.png.26f22af359b48ef0ee0844024a8a2335.png

image.png.9e94c124825262f267c5018eee7cf9b7.png