• TOO MUCH POSSESSION OF MINOR TEAMS

Sparacello
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There is a problem with ball possession...
    How is possession calculated? By time or by touches?

I think there is also a problem with pressing, the defenders hold the ball too much without being pressed.

Genoa 68% - Inter 32% is not credible

Sassuolo 65% - Juventus 35%

Etc.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this is by far one of the worst bugs. If it doesn't get resolved, honestly not playing this game anymore, Imagine trying to formulate a tiki taka philosophy in this years version. Probaly going to have to wait till the feb/march patch and that's a maybe.

17 games into Premier League season and team possession stats as follows:

Norwich 1st with 57% but 14th in League, Chelsea 12th with 49% and top of League, Liverpool 18th with 45% possession but 3rd in League, Man Utd 20th with 44% possesssion but 2nd in League.

Only Man City of "elite teams" seems to be sensible with 57% possession (2nd) and 4th in league. Lower teams definitely seem to have far too match possession and top teams too little. Very strange.... hopefully will be addressed as part of the possession issue being investigated.

image.thumb.jpeg.89df94d65e0c8e05e45c9ec56260e1dc.jpeg

il y a 3 minutes, mhaffy a dit :

17 games into Premier League season and team possession stats as follows:

Norwich 1st with 57% but 14th in League, Chelsea 12th with 49% and top of League, Liverpool 18th with 45% possession but 3rd in League, Man Utd 20th with 44% possesssion but 2nd in League.

Only Man City of "elite teams" seems to be sensible with 57% possession (2nd) and 4th in league. Lower teams definitely seem to have far too match possession and top teams too little. Very strange.... hopefully will be addressed as part of the possession issue being investigated.

image.thumb.jpeg.89df94d65e0c8e05e45c9ec56260e1dc.jpeg

The worst thing is that it probably won't be fixed until february/march... I literally can't play the game because of it

8 minutes ago, UI_Riven said:

The worst thing is that it probably won't be fixed until february/march... I literally can't play the game because of it

SI are well aware of possession issue including high pass completion % etc but have to ensure that he overall balance of the game is not compromised by any fix. Not an easy task to pull off successfully. Fingers crossed sorted sooner rather than later… 

Just now, Sparacello said:

Hey man, here we paid 50 euros for the game and you should thank us that we write and try to point out the problems, so don't talk to me about respect please...

SI is grateful for every bug report. :thup:

Btw, this is something that's under review, so it is on SI's radar.

21 saat önce, Neil Brock said:

Just to follow on from Hunt3r's point above, this is something the team are aware of and are working on. 

As with everything with the match engine, it's all about the overall balance. We'd hate to make a change which say balances out the possession stats, but means everyone gets completely unrealistic results. It's always about longer term processes to enable the whole system to be as representative of real life football as possible.

Very much appreciate those of you who have taken the time to raise this with examples, but we have enough information to conduct our tests and investigations on this one. Thanks. 

I think this is because of the attributes of the managers rather than the match engine itself. Because when I changed the attributes of big team managers such as tempo, directness or tendencies such as works the ball into the box or plays out of defence, I noticed that the possessions changed significantly. I wanted to share my opinion, thinking that you would like to look at it from this perspective.

Em 11/11/2021 em 09:33, akinozcan disse:

I think this is because of the attributes of the managers rather than the match engine itself. Because when I changed the attributes of big team managers such as tempo, directness or tendencies such as works the ball into the box or plays out of defence, I noticed that the possessions changed significantly. I wanted to share my opinion, thinking that you would like to look at it from this perspective.

I don´t think so. If we watch the full game we will see that the striker (If you play in 433) dont press ! It´s anoying !! The striker is always on the opponent´s DM, even when the line of engagement is much higher ! Even if you put "Much higher line of engagement" and the pressing bar in the maximum level, your team almost don´t press the opponents CB and they are passing into each other for minutes !! 

And other thing, the specifics markings don´t work. You can tell, for example, your CM to mark the opponents DM and he doesn´t do that. How can this be possible in a coaching game ? 

Sorry for my text but is so so annoying when you always loved FM and you like a specific style of play and you simply can´t do it because there too many problems on your "prefered game" that should represent the real life football and it doesen´t ... 

No idea how this didn't get notice during the testing phase, I noticed it from my 1 first beta friendly, where we beat a 3rd division German side 6-0 but had 40% ball possession, playing with much shorter passing...instantly I knew something was up and worth investigating.

• Administrators
    10 hours ago, Ramz289 said:

No idea how this didn't get notice during the testing phase, I noticed it from my 1 first beta friendly, where we beat a 3rd division German side 6-0 but had 40% ball possession, playing with much shorter passing...instantly I knew something was up and worth investigating.

Just to be extremely clear - there's a massive difference between something being 'noticed' or found during testing and being able to make changes to it in such a way that it both addresses any issue, and doesn't cause problems or imbalance the engine elsewhere. 

I know you probably have enough examples by now from the beta and full release but I just had another extreme situation on one of my saves that I had to share out of frustration. 1022 passes, 100+ passes for each defender/midfielder, 919 passes in their own half to just 117 in the opposition half. PKM - AIPossession 2nd Example.pkm

My Scout report saying that they have a defensive mentality before the match.   

271583238_Sociedad-ScoutReport.PNG.983e1e03c685a1edf0ae9713b10fa022.PNG

My tactics going into the match:  

Tactics.PNG.c37da5f88d98e850c455fc92c4864115.PNG

Stats at full time with the heatmap (their entire team playing mostly in the own half)  

820718643_MatchStats.PNG.b7d60bcb93ff974493b8ee2f731a3e3a.PNG

Heatmap.PNG.7b180193d74778fe9e4144a0484d8cdb.PNG

Sociedad players stats and their passes in their own and opposition halves:
    1070070699_Sociedad-PlayersStats.PNG.98dd2cee94387445526830723aef9372.PNG

Own Half:

120964751_Sociedad-PassesOwnHalf.thumb.PNG.c32691b45b19f2949c09202f3d82d505.PNG

Opposition Half:

942547399_Sociedad-PassesOppositionHalf.thumb.PNG.46de8732f4503f367fe89b04485d6b83.PNG

On 13/11/2021 at 10:21, Neil Brock said:

Just to be extremely clear - there's a massive difference between something being 'noticed' or found during testing and being able to make changes to it in such a way that it both addresses any issue, and doesn't cause problems or imbalance the engine elsewhere. 

If it's noticed in testing, maybe consumers should be made aware before making a purchase. It's the equivalent of purchasing a damaged product...

I pre-ordered this year and have had 4 hours playtime...had to stop after bottom of the league held me to a 0-0 draw keeping 62% possession (practically keeping the ball in their defensive third).

On 18/11/2021 at 12:08, Rexxigg said:

I know you probably have enough examples by now from the beta and full release but I just had another extreme situation on one of my saves that I had to share out of frustration. 1022 passes, 100+ passes for each defender/midfielder, 919 passes in their own half to just 117 in the opposition half. PKM - AIPossession 2nd Example.pkm

My Scout report saying that they have a defensive mentality before the match.   

271583238_Sociedad-ScoutReport.PNG.983e1e03c685a1edf0ae9713b10fa022.PNG

My tactics going into the match:  

Tactics.PNG.c37da5f88d98e850c455fc92c4864115.PNG

Stats at full time with the heatmap (their entire team playing mostly in the own half)  

820718643_MatchStats.PNG.b7d60bcb93ff974493b8ee2f731a3e3a.PNG

Heatmap.PNG.7b180193d74778fe9e4144a0484d8cdb.PNG

Sociedad players stats and their passes in their own and opposition halves:
    1070070699_Sociedad-PlayersStats.PNG.98dd2cee94387445526830723aef9372.PNG

Own Half:

120964751_Sociedad-PassesOwnHalf.thumb.PNG.c32691b45b19f2949c09202f3d82d505.PNG

Opposition Half:

942547399_Sociedad-PassesOppositionHalf.thumb.PNG.46de8732f4503f367fe89b04485d6b83.PNG

Yea considering how the user play the game (balance to attacking mentalities ) AI teams start games with caution and defensive mentality way too often and it’s not just poor relegation favorite teams doing so. 

Don't mean to add to the pile-on here, but, yeah this is real frustrating. Every game my team dominates in terms of xG and chances but we have an average of 42% possession. I'm top by like 10 points and I'm unbeaten and I've got the 3rd worst possession in the league. Over 3 goals a game, 30xG over 12 games, and barely 4500 passes completed all season (18th/20 for that too, with Parma being the best in the league with 8006 passes in 12 games). It's completely nonsensical, and makes it even more frustrating because when you do go on a poor run of form, as I did in my first season, you have no idea what to fix because you're not even playing as you should in the first place. I've changed everything, too. I've tweaked tempo, I've tweaked mentality, passing, counter pressing, player roles, player instructions. Nothing works! I've been trying to play like Liverpool with my team, with real focus on counter pressing, quick vertical passes, trying to overload on the flanks etc etc but we don't actually do any counter pressing, or overloading on the flanks because it's not possible to do with this iteration of the engine. We don't do any build up in the opponent's half. It's just not fun to play right now.

On 20/11/2021 at 03:04, jdmk88 said:

If it's noticed in testing, maybe consumers should be made aware before making a purchase. It's the equivalent of purchasing a damaged product...

I pre-ordered this year and have had 4 hours playtime...had to stop after bottom of the league held me to a 0-0 draw keeping 62% possession (practically keeping the ball in their defensive third).

Completely agree, I’ve been buying this game since championship manager days, feel absolutely  scammed off £40 to be honest , haven't played it all. But hey apparently it’s under “investigation”...

”most realistic football manager game” 🙄

Edited by Ramz289

8 minutes ago, Wolviam said:

Any updates ? Its been more than a month since this major bug was reported.

Here is the latest news about the situation that Ive found.

Hopefully solved soon :)

• Administrators

The issue has been addressed within the latest version of the game released yesterday (22.2). If you still feel there are issues relating to this, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks.