• FMM 24 not working on Chromebook

Ruskie1995
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: N/A Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have a Chromebook with Google Playstore which FMM 23 worked on brilliantly using the eme.  Now we have to sign in with Netflix, I can no longer play it.  As Netflix don't make Netflix games available on Chromebook, it won't let me sign in, so I'm effectively being blocked from playing a game my machine can play by a 3rd party app.  I've tried contacting Netlix who said they have no fix.

Has anyone else had this issue  and is there a way to work round it?

Netflix.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @teacupsrule

You can go to https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus and send Netflix a message. 

Hi @Zachary Whyte,

Thanks for replying.

I've contacted Netflix via that link a few times but it's just a general customer service contact. They know very little about games and even less about FMM24.

I was hoping you or someone from SI Games could provide a more direct contact. Maybe an email address for someone within the Netflix games department?

Thanks.

Evening,

I've been following this thread for a while now hoping that this would be resolved. I've just had quite a frustrating conversation chat with someone from Netflix who I actually thought at one point was an AI Bot....

It is possible for you to give us any indication with regards to how many customers this affects and whether it is realistically going to be resolved. I don't particularly want to buy another platform, especially when i shouldn't have to but I would quite like to know if I need to ask Santa for one.

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

1 hour ago, Michael Mclaughlin said:

Evening,

I've been following this thread for a while now hoping that this would be resolved. I've just had quite a frustrating conversation chat with someone from Netflix who I actually thought at one point was an AI Bot....

It is possible for you to give us any indication with regards to how many customers this affects and whether it is realistically going to be resolved. I don't particularly want to buy another platform, especially when i shouldn't have to but I would quite like to know if I need to ask Santa for one.

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Well said Michael.

I've had a few of those frustrating Netflix customer service chats myself, they're just not the right people to talk to. They don't have the right knowledge base.

It would be nice to have some transparency in regards to what is going on.

Have a good weekend!

52 minutes ago, teacupsrule said:

Well said Michael.

I've had a few of those frustrating Netflix customer service chats myself, they're just not the right people to talk to. They don't have the right knowledge base.

It would be nice to have some transparency in regards to what is going on.

Have a good weekend!

You too!

I have started a Spennymoor Town game in the meantime to tide me over. I am hoping this can be resolved as it is frustrating when you pay for Netflix, know that the game can be played on a Chromebook and don't particularly have the disposable cash to go out and buy a new platform but will anyway such is the enjoyment you get from the game and have done for decades.

On 01/12/2023 at 20:02, Michael Mclaughlin said:

I have contacted someone at Netflix who was looking into this for us and will be as transparent as possible with any sort of update received - will share more when I can.

1 hour ago, Dan Sheppard said:

I have contacted someone at Netflix who was looking into this for us and will be as transparent as possible with any sort of update received - will share more when I can.

Great! Thank you @Dan Sheppard.

I think we just want to know what we need to do in order to play FM24.

Do we wait and play FMM24 on Chromebook.

Or do we have to buy a new laptop and buy FM24.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

On 06/12/2023 at 12:49, teacupsrule said:

Great! Thank you @Dan Sheppard.

I think we just want to know what we need to do in order to play FM24.

Do we wait and play FMM24 on Chromebook.

Or do we have to buy a new laptop and buy FM24.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

I have 3 kids, I can't afford a new laptop. :lol: 

On 06/12/2023 at 11:23, Dan Sheppard said:

Hi @Dan Sheppard.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Just wondering if Netflix have got back to you with an update yet?

I've got some serious Angeball tactics I need to unleash on FMM24! LOL!

Thanks.

2 hours ago, teacupsrule said:

Just wondering if Netflix have got back to you with an update yet?

Still waiting, unfortunately. 

I've got some serious Angeball tactics I need to unleash on FMM24! LOL!

After yesterday, I'm feeling this too!

I've just received an update that they will begin investigating early next year Netflix side. This isn't to say there will be a guaranteed solution but hopefully, it gives a better indication of the plans and can help make some decisions over the Christmas period and into the new year.

16 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

I've just received an update that they will begin investigating early next year Netflix side. This isn't to say there will be a guaranteed solution but hopefully, it gives a better indication of the plans and can help make some decisions over the Christmas period and into the new year.

Hi @Dan Sheppard.

'Investigating' (non committal) 'next year' (extremely vague timeframe) isn't ideal but I do really appreciate you chasing Netflix for an answer and sharing that with us.

In terms of Netflix mindset. Do you think this is something they want to fix or do they (or the software developers) not want games to be playable on Chromebook?

I've noticed the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy is being released on Netflix on 14th December. It'll be interesting to see if they are playable on Chromebook.

I'm guessing it's not possible to get FMM24 though any other means other than Netflix? 

Thanks again.

I'm guessing it's not possible to get FMM24 though any other means other than Netflix? 

Unfortunately not.

'Investigating' (non committal) 'next year' (extremely vague timeframe) isn't ideal but I do really appreciate you chasing Netflix for an answer and sharing that with us.

Do you think this is something they want to fix or do they (or the software developers) not want games to be playable on Chromebook?

Not a problem. I do think it's a bigger piece and they do want to resolve it from the conversations I've seen. From our side, I know Marc has been fairly vocal in the forums about this and he wants it to be available. We are continuing to update them on these and any other reports we get regularly so it's helpful that the community is forthcoming with feedback etc.

6 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Unfortunately not.

Not a problem. I do think it's a bigger piece and they do want to resolve it from the conversations I've seen. From our side, I know Marc has been fairly vocal in the forums about this and he wants it to be available. We are continuing to update them on these and any other reports we get regularly so it's helpful that the community is forthcoming with feedback etc.

Thanks once again @Dan Sheppard.

This makes me feel a bit more optimistic about FMM24 possibly being playable on Chromebook sooner rather than later.

Much appreciated.

16 hours ago, teacupsrule said:

Thanks once again @Dan Sheppard.

This makes me feel a bit more optimistic about FMM24 possibly being playable on Chromebook sooner rather than later.

Much appreciated.

Yeah thanks for coming back to us. I will stick to my Spennymoor Town game for the time being then. 3 seasons in and in Sky Bet League 2 now! 

Hi @Dan Sheppard & @Marc Vaughan.

A quick bit of info for you that might be helpful.

Regarding the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy coming to Netflix.

GTA III is not available on Chromebook. (Device isn't compatible)

GTA: Vice City IS available on Chrome Book.

GTA: Sam Andreas is not available on Chromebook. (Device isn't compatible)

The games should be available to download from tomorrow so we'll know for sure if Vice City is playable on Chromebook then.

Thanks.

On 13/12/2023 at 11:39, teacupsrule said:

Hi @Dan Sheppard & @Marc Vaughan.

A quick bit of info for you that might be helpful.

Regarding the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy coming to Netflix.

GTA III is not available on Chromebook. (Device isn't compatible)

GTA: Vice City IS available on Chrome Book.

GTA: Sam Andreas is not available on Chromebook. (Device isn't compatible)

The games should be available to download from tomorrow so we'll know for sure if Vice City is playable on Chromebook then.

Thanks.

Just an update on this, all GTA Trilogy games are now showing as not compatible with Chromebook.

I've just checked in with Netflix and it's still very much at the investigation stage. I appreciate it's probably not the advancement you may have been hoping for but we will continue to push/feedback from our side.

It's difficult to understand why this is taking so long.

What exactly are Netflix investigating?

I can only conclude Netflix either do not view this as important or do not want FMM to be available on Chromebook.

I think as customers we just want transparency and clarity.

Are Netflix committed to making FMM available on Chromebook?

If so, what exactly is the issue preventing this?

What have they done to resolve this? What do they plan to do to resolve this? How many man/woman hours per week are being dedicated to fixing the problem?

Or.....if FMM is unlikely to be available on Chromebook, tell us so we can move on and find another way to play.

Please help us out @Dan Sheppard & @Marc Vaughan.

Thank you.

Edited by teacupsrule
    Punctuation

From what I understand, the investigation is to make it possible to be 'officially supported'. I think Marc explained elsewhere that it was never 'officially supported' when we released it previously, it just worked.

It will be in the finer details on the Netflix side that is preventing this from being possible, as they don't support it across the suite of games they have. I genuinely don't have anything I can share in terms of the resource commitments on their side, but I do know it's on their radar. I will continue to seek feedback, but I'd say if this is blocking you from playing FMM, it might be worth looking at other options for now.

• SI Staff

To echo what Dan indicated In the short-term (ie. for this version at least) I'd recommend that you try and find another device to play upon if that is practical, it might be resolved quickly - but its not something under our control or scheduling at this stage, sorry.