• FMM 24 not working on Chromebook

Ruskie1995
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: N/A Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have a Chromebook with Google Playstore which FMM 23 worked on brilliantly using the eme.  Now we have to sign in with Netflix, I can no longer play it.  As Netflix don't make Netflix games available on Chromebook, it won't let me sign in, so I'm effectively being blocked from playing a game my machine can play by a 3rd party app.  I've tried contacting Netlix who said they have no fix.

Has anyone else had this issue  and is there a way to work round it?

Netflix.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Please make sure your Netflix app is up to date on your device and it should (I believe) work fine - I'm updating my Chromebook here and will try and remember to reply and confirm its working here at some point tomorrow, but I have verified that your first premise - ie. Netflix isn't available isn't correct and I've also verified that I can download both that and the game on my Chromebook (but I need to charge it more before I can go further and its 10pm so I'm about to crash out for the day).

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/296

PS - What country are you located within out of interest? (as I know some countries don't have access Netflix, but its a very few).

Hi @Marc Vaughan.

I get this same error.

Both my Chromebook and Netflix app are up to date.

I have downloaded the game onto my Chromebook but Netflix blocks me from playing it.

I'm UK based.

Any chance Netflix will allow this game to be played on Chromebook or is there a workaround?

Thanks.

• SI Staff
    2 hours ago, teacupsrule said:

Hi @Marc Vaughan.

Sure! As mentioned, I live in the UK.

Thanks.

Annoyingly it looks like Netflix have these devices blocked at present - we're enquiring as to why and whether we can get them enabled ... 

24 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Annoyingly it looks like Netflix have these devices blocked at present - we're enquiring as to why and whether we can get them enabled ... 

Thanks @Marc Vaughan.

I'm guessing this is something that will probably take quite a while?

Any idea why Netflix would want want to block access to FM24 via Chromebook? It would make more sense if the block was put in place by Sports Interactive or SEGA but not Netflix.

Could you please post an update when you have one?

Thank you.

I'm in the same boat here. I have the Netflix app on my chromebook too. 

I really hope they can come up with a fix because this doesn't make sense. 

• SI Staff
    55 minutes ago, teacupsrule said:

Hi @Marc Vaughan,

Is there a route for Netflix customers to raise this issue with Netflix?

I fear this might be an issue that just rumbles on and never gets resolved or receives a meaningful explanation.

Thanks.

In all honesty I don't know (somewhat new to interacting with Netflix myself) - I'd suggest leaving it with us initially and seeing if we can find a way to make things work, but by all means reach out to them and indicate they have customers who are being prevented from using their games because of this.

Thanks @Marc Vaughan & @Ewan Aiton.

Netflix are being really unhelpful when it comes to this issue, I've talked to them twice on live chat now.

They say the following:

"Android phone or tablet running Android 8.0 or later iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS/iPadOS 15 or later An active Netflix subscription An internet connection to download and install the game Enough storage space on your device

Above given is the compatible device to play the game via Netflix

Chromebook is a Laptop it seems which is not qualified to play that game via Netflix"

What do we think? Any chance of FM2024 being made playable on Chromebook?

As I mentioned before, it doesn't make much that the restrictions on playing FM24 on Chromebook are put into place by Netflix. It would however make sense for SI Games or SEGA to put this restriction in place, in order to encourage people to buy the PC version of FM24. Although, to argue against my last point, it's not possible to use Steam etc to play FM24 on Chromebook right?

So how do we play FM24 on Chromebook?

• SI Staff

Can you do me a huge favor and try and see if any other Chromebook games work on Netflix please? (as so far all I've heard is that there are similar issues with other games, hence me thinking its a Netflix SDK rejection rather than something we have direct control over). I can state that its not something that I myself have any knowledge of being done intentionally (heck I actually have purchased two Chromebooks with my own money in the last few years to ensure that those devices ARE working with FMM - even if only 'informally').

If we know that there are 'some' games which work on Chromebooks through Netflix then that will obviously change the landscape somewhat and it might open up more information to us regarding how to approach things to work around this issue.

eg. 

When I installed it originally, I used my phone to put it on my Chromebook.  As it's not working I uninstalled it.  I now don't have the option to reinstall it.  :seagull:

Absolutely gutted this isn't working on my chromebook. I just assumed it would as all other versions have worked. Only got the chromebook 2 months ago, my decision to choose chromebook was partly made because I could play FMM when I'm away from home. Do we think there's any chance of this getting sorted out? 

15 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can you do me a huge favor and try and see if any other Chromebook games work on Netflix please? (as so far all I've heard is that there are similar issues with other games, hence me thinking its a Netflix SDK rejection rather than something we have direct control over). I can state that its not something that I myself have any knowledge of being done intentionally (heck I actually have purchased two Chromebooks with my own money in the last few years to ensure that those devices ARE working with FMM - even if only 'informally').

If we know that there are 'some' games which work on Chromebooks through Netflix then that will obviously change the landscape somewhat and it might open up more information to us regarding how to approach things to work around this issue.

eg. 

Hi Marc,

Okay, not sure if this helps.

I installed Netflix Solitaire - Didn't work.

I installed Netflix Stranger Things: The Game - It DID work!

Any idea why Netflix would not want customers to be able to access games on Chromebook?

1 hour ago, lstacey1992 said:

Just spoke to netflix on the online chat and this was the reply. Sounds like they're looking into it. 

Screenshot_20231115_103439_Chrome.jpg

Hi @lstacey1992.

I really pushed them for more information and that's when they told me Chromebooks aren't on the list of compatible devices and advised me to buy a compatible device.

It's good to try and get a timeline for when issues like this are first reported, what has been done since and when they expect a resolution or update. Otherwise they fob you off with nonspecific answers.

I think we first need to establish is Netflix and SI Games/SEGA want Netflix customers to be allowed to play FMM24 on Chromebook. If we can get a firm 'Yes' from both sides, I'd imaging 'fixing' any errors should be relatively simple since some Netflix games are playable on Chromebook.

??

On 21/11/2023 at 09:40, teacupsrule said:

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there's any update on this issue yet?

Thanks.

Nothing further to share from us but as mentioned it's being looked into.

2 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Nothing further to share from us but as mentioned it's being looked into.

Thanks @Dan Sheppard.

Can you advise a way for us to contact Netflix so we can raise our concern and try to get Netflix to speed things up? It's coming up to three weeks since FMM 23 was released.

The usual Netflix Customer Service is not helpful but if there is someone within Netflix we could email directly, maybe we'll get some answers?

Thanks.

Edited by teacupsrule
    Additional information added.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can provide a contact email for Netflix so we can chase  them for a solution?

I've already lost almost a month of gameplay and would just like to know one way or another if I'm going to be able to play FMM24 on my Chromebook.

You have already been way more helpful than Netflix but it seems as though the answers sit with them and there is no clear way to talk to anyone within the company who can provide any meaningful answers.

Fingers crossed you can help.

Thank you.