• Transfer Bug

fmdirektor
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

If we make an offer to a player with the offer items written in the image, the offer is automatically accepted. I would like information about this situation.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Title: Transfer offer with specific set of conditions will always be accepted

Summary:

After seeing it on Twitter (X) - and kudos to @fmdirektor for finding it, I tested it out on

- Football Manager 2024 Console

- on PC - bought outright via Microsoft Store

- Playing as Celtic, in 4th season

And found the exact same result.

image.thumb.png.4e943e65ea82101113b3355aaae1a8cd.png

I also tried with Jude Bellingham

image.thumb.png.effc7fb6e7a564338dd0cd2cbb3262ed.png

I've uploaded my save game to OwnCloud as FMConsole2024_TransferClauseBug.fmt

Steps to reproduce

• Navigate to any player profile
    • Go to Transfer -> Transfer Offer
    • Offer
      • £0 Fee
      • Additional Fees and Clauses
        • Instalments (6 monthly) of £1.2k
        • After League Appearances: 50 Games for £2.5m
        • Percentage of Profit from Next Sale: 50%
    • Press "Make Offer" or "Suggest Terms"

I wasn't able to offer 50% Percentage of Next Sale.

The selling club will always accept.

Expected Result

If the offer is less than the market value, a rejection by the selling club.

Save Game

Uploaded to OwnCloud as FMConsole2024_TransferClauseBug.fmt

A little clarification - if a player wouldn't have been interested, they don't enter contract negotiations but an interested player will.

Edited by celticfan
    Clarified interested players will enter contract negotiations

1 minute ago, celticfan said:

Title: Transfer offer with specific set of conditions will always be accepted

Summary:

After seeing it on Twitter (X) - and kudos to @fmdirektor for finding it, I tested it out on

- Football Manager 2024 Console

- on PC - bought outright via Microsoft Store

- Playing as Celtic, in 4th season

And found the exact same result.

image.thumb.png.4e943e65ea82101113b3355aaae1a8cd.png

I also tried with Jude Bellingham

image.thumb.png.effc7fb6e7a564338dd0cd2cbb3262ed.png

I've uploaded my save game to OwnCloud as FMConsole2024_TransferClauseBug.fmt

Steps to reproduce

• Navigate to any player profile
    • Go to Transfer -> Transfer Offer
    • Offer
      • £0 Fee
      • Additional Fees and Clauses
        • Instalments (6 monthly) of £1.2k
        • After League Appearances: 50 Games for £2.5m
        • Percentage of Profit from Next Sale: 50%
    • Press "Make Offer" or "Suggest Terms"

I wasn't able to offer 50% Percentage of Next Sale.

The selling club will always accept.

Expected Result

If the offer is less than the market value, a rejection by the selling club.

Save Game

Uploaded to OwnCloud as FMConsole2024_TransferClauseBug.fmt

Easily replicable too :)

Screenshot 2024-02-13 214049.png

3 hours ago, Egecann said:

It even works without giving percentage of next sale.

You can also ask them to pay a percentage of the wages too!

Adding to this, I was able to get it to work for £0 up front, £1k instalments and After League Appearances of £2.1-2.9m. The amount of games and length/frequency of instalments (so 6/12 month both work). You can also seemingly add any clause(s) (for example they pay 50% of wages) and it’ll be accepted939D221B-F43C-455F-9BEB-6007AA19EFC2.thumb.png.4195500e8f81300bb09d225318d3e07f.png

It does not work if you replace After League Appearances with After International Appearances. £2m or less also gets rejected immediately

Interestingly when increasing after league appearances to £3m with £1k instalments the other team negotiate it but keep it at a really low price.

5F37D24F-DA75-44FD-8BDD-8B12E06427D1.thumb.png.31b815155d131330798c117810ecdcd6.png

Edited by Doh5678

43 minutes ago, Doh5678 said:

Adding to this, I was able to get it to work for £0 up front, £1k instalments and After League Appearances of £2.1-2.9m. The amount of games and length/frequency of instalments (so 6/12 month both work). You can also seemingly add any clause(s) (for example they pay 50% of wages) and it’ll be accepted939D221B-F43C-455F-9BEB-6007AA19EFC2.thumb.png.4195500e8f81300bb09d225318d3e07f.png

It does not work if you replace After League Appearances with After International Appearances. £2m or less also gets rejected immediately

Interestingly when increasing after league appearances to £3m with £1k instalments the other team negotiate it but keep it at a really low price.

5F37D24F-DA75-44FD-8BDD-8B12E06427D1.thumb.png.31b815155d131330798c117810ecdcd6.png

Think I've found at 2k for the initial fee is where they flat out reject you and won't let you suggest a new bid without major improvements (at least for the top players.

40 dakika önce, Jimmy Wong said:

Thanks for raising this with us! We will take a look at this in due course. 

Thank you. This error is valid for FM23. I also shared another transfer bug yesterday, you should check it out too.

• Administrators

We have been able to reproduce this issue internally and are looking to address this in a future update.

We can also confirm that the issue doesn't apply to (or between) AI managers so it won't affect the squad balance of any AI teams within your FM24 saves.

3 saat önce, Jimmy Wong said:

We have been able to reproduce this issue internally and are looking to address this in a future update.

We can also confirm that the issue doesn't apply to (or between) AI managers so it won't affect the squad balance of any AI teams within your FM24 saves.

Thank you. So when will the update come? BTW, I don't want to wait if it takes a long time.

Edited by fmdirektor

3 saat önce, Jimmy Wong said:

This bug also exists in Fm23. Will there be an update there? Can you give us information about this topic?

1 hour ago, fmdirektor said:

This bug also exists in Fm23. Will there be an update there? Can you give us information about this topic?

There's no chance they'd go back to an old game to fix it, when the AI doesn't use it and all the player needs to do is not use it either.

While I can't speak with certainty, due to the licensing arrangements it may not even be permissible for SI to implement further updates. They aren't able to sell FM23 any more due to licensing, any availability online is based on pre-existing keycodes. Given the nature of software development, sign-off from other parties etc (eg Xbox/Sony) it's often not possible to provide a specific date for future updates.