• Scouting doesn't work

JohnWolves
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Eddie Howe - Newcastle United.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I have a big problem with scouting. In my opinion it's broken.  I set a high priority, 6 scouts, England, age 15-21, no recommendations except where I sent a scout to check the player. Moreover, the recommendations of these players appear in the wrong priority, for example I sent a scout to check Maxence Lacroix from Wolfsburg and I see the scout report in the "Netherlands and Belgium" priority, this is just one example.

Another example - I sent a scout to Scandinavia (extensive knowledge about each country, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Norway) and I haven't received a single report since sending, and it's been 3 months since sending.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This seems to be an issue for me as well, little to no scouting reports coming in from good scouts with knowledge of the countries where they have been sent. 

Same problem. "0 in Progress". I even tried handing all scouting responsibilities to head scout, still nothing works.

• SI Staff

Hello everyone, to give an update on this, we have this under review, but are seeing that quite a lot of your focuses are pretty narrow. 

What we can suggest is that when creating a recruitment focuses make sure it is quite broad and don't overwork your scouts if you want to maximise the number of results they receive.

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, to give an update on this, we have this under review, but are seeing that quite a lot of your focuses are pretty narrow. 

What we can suggest is that when creating a recruitment focuses make sure it is quite broad and don't overwork your scouts if you want to maximise the number of results they receive.

Can you define what you mean by saying they need to be quite broad? 

In the same save, which is attached, If I set for example "Europe" in high priority, in the same time I receive 5 raports from different scouts, concerned 1 player.

If I send to scout Africa (only focus to age, 16-21), pretty broad focus and i don't receive a single one raport. I have c.a 215000 players in the database and after regens creating in Africa.

My solution - in FM23 i set almost the same focuses and I receive a lot of raports. The best way to roll back any changes which is implemented in FM24. In previous version scouting works really nice.

Edited by JohnWolves

Em 11/01/2024 em 13:57, Zachary Whyte disse:

Sorry Zachary, but that's not the problem. Scouting is broken and this really harms “my immersion”. I am being forced to search for player in the search filter.

Please, take a closer look at this bug, which for me is what is really bothering me. 

I keep on getting the same players recommended by scouts who have totally different knowledge and background. Also getting reports on Bundesliga players in my Chief Scout created "Colombia" search. For some people scouting is truly broken, so I agree with Nick, this isn't anything we as the players are doing. 

With regards to the point about overworking your scouts, I have David Trezeguet as Chief Scout, allowing him to set all focuses, yet most of my world class scouts are constantly sitting around doing nothing. 

This really should be a priority bug to fix. It makes it a little difficult to trust the integrity of other behind the scenes processes if something as fundamental as scouting isn't functioning correctly. 

On 11/01/2024 at 17:57, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, just to clarify, does this mean you have been able to replicate the problem in other saves? It's very worrying that the advice seems to insinuate that players are doing something incorrectly when it seems scouting assignments are broken, and not in the usual hyperbolic fm complaints sense. 

I'm sure we would all appreciate an update that "under review" means actively looking at what code is functioning incorrectly, and not "deciding that players are doing something wrong".

Thank you :)

On 11/01/2024 at 16:57, Zachary Whyte said:

It still doesn't explain why players from South America are showing up in a European scout assignment 

On 11/01/2024 at 17:57, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi Zachary

This is issue has been under review for some time now. Any fix coming? As of now it takes away immensely from the experience. I mean, scouting and finding players is kind of a big deal in your game.

On 11/01/2024 at 16:57, Zachary Whyte said:

Isn't that advice counterintuitive?  I have a focus that is 15-21, worldwide and getting nothing. I have focus for 15-21 in a continenet and getting nothing. I have a focus for 15-21 in a region and getting nothing. I have a focus for 15-21 in a single country and getting nothing. I am struggling to see what other option I could go with

Scouting only works for me if I let the AI create focuses... and they just keep bringing up the same players.

I tried some manual assignments - I set a scout with no other assignments, with exceptional knowledge of Spain, to scout Spain for any 1 star to 3 star player aged between 18 and 35 and he found nothing in 6 months... same in France, Germany, Portugal...

Game is a little unplayable the further you get into saves if you cant direct your scouts how to find new players / scouting doesnt work

Edited by casualblue

here scouting update and always recommends me same players they are already in my shortlist. and also it doesnt let me click the cross button.

Ekran Resmi 2024-01-22 19.16.50.png

Ekran Resmi 2024-01-22 19.17.38.png

Ekran Resmi 2024-01-22 19.19.40.png

Edited by GicaHagi

• SI Staff

Hello, the average the number of recommendations and near matches has increased following the tweaks we made in the Main Data Update.

I just switched a few days ago from Fm23 to Fm24. And i got the same issue. The scouting focus doesn't work at all. Initial i used it like in FM23 and didn't get any results. I watched Youtube guides, read guides on google, asked on reddit, on two FM Community Discords.

Started my Wrexham three times over. Set it as broad as possible but with no results. Lowering the Stars for example lead to even less results. Then i took a Club in a higher league and the results got even worse. I'm so frustrated that i want to go back to FM23 now. Too bad i can't refund it anymore, because i already played too many hours, trying to fix this issue. 

On 05/04/2024 at 06:36, ccDante said:

I just switched a few days ago from Fm23 to Fm24. And i got the same issue. The scouting focus doesn't work at all. Initial i used it like in FM23 and didn't get any results. I watched Youtube guides, read guides on google, asked on reddit, on two FM Community Discords.

Started my Wrexham three times over. Set it as broad as possible but with no results. Lowering the Stars for example lead to even less results. Then i took a Club in a higher league and the results got even worse. I'm so frustrated that i want to go back to FM23 now. Too bad i can't refund it anymore, because i already played too many hours, trying to fix this issue. 

It's annoying, especially if you are a big club with a lot of scouts, but a workaround is to assign your scouts to individual games rather than doing focuses. They find more players. For example, I scouted two games in Austria in one day and got four recommendations from my scouts. The added bonus is that you immediately have extensive knowledge of each player. If I had found the same four players in a recruitment focus (which wouldn't have happened) it may have taken 2-3 weeks for me to gain extensive knowledge of them.

Yes the scouting doesn't works. If you set an advanced searching only Ligue 2 or Ligue 1 you found only few players. I tried with a lot , nine, scouts experts of France but the results is the same.

This bug annoys me. I’m playing on ps5.

6 months since release and there is still no patch to fix it?! What are the developers doing? Just paid 50 bucks for the game on ps5… :(

Edited by Mini_Steelhammer

• SI Staff

Hi @Mini_Steelhammer

We have done substantial testing and have not found, nor believe there is any ‘Bugs’ to fix.

In the winter update we increased the average the number of recommendations and near matches.

The current system is working as intended, as it was in FM23 when scouting was revamped and recruitment focuses were introduced.

This is now closed for further comments