• Saudi clubs bidding ridiculous amounts for average and ageing players

george_nufc
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I understand it's partly by design, but Saudi Arabian clubs are bidding insane amounts for average and ageing players, to the point where it's completely unrealistic and needs nerfed massively IMO.

Not my saves, but I've attached a few screenshots from what I've found online. I'm sure there are many more.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've heard it's more likely if you're doing a 'Real World' start. Perhaps because their budgets will be higher and it's not factoring in pending deals...

Edit: I always do Original and can't get rid of any United players, never mind fat bids from Saudi.

Edited by Vicente14

The Saudi's are actually doing this IRL though. Jordan Henderson is getting 675k a week to play in front of 600 people. Money isn't an issue to them and I think we need to catch up in our perception of how little it matters to them.

They bought Jota for 25m, gave him 500k a week, then decided to not register him or play him at all.

1 hour ago, AllyJoseph said:

The Saudi's are actually doing this IRL though. Jordan Henderson is getting 675k a week to play in front of 600 people. Money isn't an issue to them and I think we need to catch up in our perception of how little it matters to them.

They bought Jota for 25m, gave him 500k a week, then decided to not register him or play him at all.

Henderson has been interviewed since those £700k/week rumours went round and he's stated they aren't true. Other sources claim he's on around £350k/week. I agree these wage figures are absurd, but that's besides the point anyway. I'm talking about transfer fees.

Saudi clubs appear to be paying roughly 50% over a players value IRL, but in FM we're often seeing players go to Saudi clubs for 5* their value in some cases. Look at the actual deals that went through this summer, they aren't that unreasonable.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37884523/saudi-pro-league-transfers-2023-deals-talks

Bids of £100m+ should only be reserved for absolute superstars (i.e. Mbappe and Salah), or younger players with huge potential.

Al-Halil only paid €90m for Neymar. In FM I wouldn't be surprised if he went for €250m, considering Van Dijk and Varane are receiving similar bids in game.

7 hours ago, george_nufc said:

Henderson has been interviewed since those £700k/week rumours went round and he's stated they aren't true. Other sources claim he's on around £350k/week. I agree these wage figures are absurd, but that's besides the point anyway. I'm talking about transfer fees.

Saudi clubs appear to be paying roughly 50% over a players value IRL, but in FM we're often seeing players go to Saudi clubs for 5* their value in some cases. Look at the actual deals that went through this summer, they aren't that unreasonable.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37884523/saudi-pro-league-transfers-2023-deals-talks

Bids of £100m+ should only be reserved for absolute superstars (i.e. Mbappe and Salah), or younger players with huge potential.

Al-Halil only paid €90m for Neymar. In FM I wouldn't be surprised if he went for €250m, considering Van Dijk and Varane are receiving similar bids in game.

I agree. It should t be the transfer fees that are outrageous it should be the wages. Al ittihad paying £25m for jota wasn’t obscene it was the £200k a week. Clubs will try and force a small premium but realistically in most cases the Saudi club will get the player for his value whereas they need to over pay on wages to get the player to come. 

Yeah, on my Sunderland save, they came in with a 20+ million bid for Patterson. That was fine, and I just turned it down, but then he said he wanted to move, and I asked him what he wanted to stay. 370,000 a week! For Patterson! It's happened with several of my players now. Sarr wanted 400k a week to stay! Something needs to happen. 

Edited by enigma1

• SI Staff
    15 hours ago, enigma1 said:

That was fine, and I just turned it down, but then he said he wanted to move, and I asked him what he wanted to stay. 370,000 a week! For Patterson! It's happened with several of my players now. Sarr wanted 400k a week to stay! Something needs to happen. 

We have been asking for save game files from just before such offers come in so that we can do a dive into these on our side. They are still needed for us to investigate further.

• SI Staff

Hi all, to update this, we made several changes to how the Saudis make transfers in a previous update.

We're currently happy with how the Saudis are working in-game.