• Every Loan offer for my players come back with "Fringe Player" playing time

Alex Bevan
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Hi

I am playing Chelsea on 24.2.0 and I'm in July 2030. I'm in pre-season and every year I offer out my younger players for loan via TransferRoom with a Regular Starter playing time request. Usually, I get a mixed bag of responses but I negotiate Squad status requests up to Regular Starter or accept regular starter offers. This season is different, Every single player I offer out (around 20) comes back with multiple offers but all offers of fringe player only, or backup for keepers. I cannot negotiate these up to regular start of first choice goalkeeper. I tried my Loan Manager but this was useless as he would get some offers at squad player but reject them, as they dont negotiate,

I cant give them all enough playing time if I cant send them out. Don't know what to do. Any ideas?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Okay. So I have found out that if you keep negotiating the fringe player playing time to regular starter, it will eventually be accepted after 2-3 rounds of suggesting terms. Its really annoying though. Its taking me hours to negotiate every offer from every club in this way! 

Lock it to regular starter. then weed out the lowest leagues. That way your players only play at the highest possible level based on their ability. Also keep an eye out for clubs in relegation battles wanting your players. I'd rather a player play in League 1 and be in the top half of the table than be in a Championship relegation team. The ONLY exception is teams getting relegated from the Premier League, the losses are worth the regular game time

Having exact same issue. The later you go into the save, the more players you want to loan out, and getting 50+ offers for fringe players and 0% wage coverage becomes a full time job. And if you try to negotiate, they dont, they just go back to 0 and fringe. Funnily - if you lock regular starter +100% wage + additional monthly fees, they just happily agree :) Surely this must be a bug

Uploaded my save as well, hopefully it helps

Its happening in every save, no matter the club no matter how many seasons in, no matter the user. Im not sure what can you learn from save files.

I'm in the January window right now, and while this doesn't happen with every AI loan offer, it is happening quite often.

I want to offer out two of my Under-21s players - Seanan Nethercott and Marvin Procter - on loan for 50% wage contribution and an agreed playing time of Regular Starter. After continuing for a couple of days, I eventually receive these offers.

CFuller_NethercottOffer1.thumb.png.56e6d8a4c6f9fdb09aa1f708711223c5.png

South Shields want Nethercott, but only as a Fringe Player and with 0% wage contribution. I negotiate to Important Player, and it takes three attempts before South Shields finally agree.

CFuller_NethercottOffer2.thumb.png.d0364f21787e70c41447ca3d847e34fb.png

A while later, I get four more silly offers for Nethercott, which I negotiate to 50% wage contribution and Important Player APT.

Gillingham and Raith Rovers take three attempts before they agree to any wage contribution and a Regular Starter APT. Burton are happy with a high wage contribution but will not budge past Fringe Player. Wycombe will not budge at all.

CFuller_ProcterOffer.thumb.png.689b1113c81d5b932ff0d0f72efd13c1.png

Five silly offers for Procter - the ones you see above, plus another offer from Wycombe. Same negotiations as with Nethercott.

Port Vale take three attempts before they agree to a wage contribution and Regular Starter. Doncaster and Gillingham agree to Important Player but no wage contribution. Wigan and Wycombe will not budge at all.

Files uploaded to OwnCloud:

CFuller_FringePlayer.fm

Edited by CFuller

Hi Guys,

It´s not just the Fringe Player Time, it is the 0% for wage contribution, I have a lot of youngsters, offer 40 players, guess what, 200 plus offers, 95% of them Fringe Player, 0% wage contribution, in the first negotiate they accept 100% wage contribution, it's just annoying to have to suggest terms in 200 plus offers when I have asked 100% wage contribution.

I save mid negotiations and just came to find a bug about this, and this is my kind of rant, sorry for that.

By the way, this happened to me last season also.

I just uploaded my save with the name: Hugo Santos - Benfica.fm

image.thumb.png.4775672f74fb19c2ea28107240712192.png

image.png.7de133e0160376d3fb43878978910d34.png

Edited by FearNoEvil

Honestly, if the underlying logic can't be fixed, this combination of terms should simply be blocked.  0% wages, no fee, no playing time is an offer the AI should not ever make.

Thankfully a good loan manager can deal with this for you to some extent, though it takes more time.  The main downside I have found is that the loan manager rejecting the fringe/0% offer immediately fails any loan promise you've made to a new youth signing.

This really shouldn't be an ongoing issue however and needs fixing.

Having the same issue.

Surely a 120 CA player could get some playing time in one of the leagues around the world.

All the offers I'm getting are exactly like these: fringe player, 0% wage contribution.

I'm happy you guys are on it.

fm_HNs9LNcuJG.png

Is there any update on this? Wildly frustrating having to negotiate every single offer. It was never like this in previous versions of FM.

All I get is fringe player and 0% wage contribution. Negotiating with each club to get regular started and 100% takes a lot of time.

An update on a possible patch for this would be much appreciated.

• SI Staff

Hello, you should now receive a wider range of offers when they offer players out for loan after our Main Data Update.

On 01/03/2024 at 16:36, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, you should now receive a wider range of offers when they offer players out for loan after our Main Data Update.

I am. That's great. Thanks!