• GKs getting injured during matches

Dohny
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Josh Bakers - Arsenal.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

in real life, gks are the least injured position and rarely get injured during matches. i have my main and backup goalkeepers out for over a month from injuries sustained during matches

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Agreed, even created a new account to highlight this issue.

In 3 seasons I've had 7 arms or hands break. Quite an absurd number. One goalkeeper has broken his arm 4 times in 2 seasons...

Yes agree with comments - I'm only in December, and have had 1 of 2  main goalkeepers ALWAYS injured, and often both goalkeepers. I need 4 first team keepers to have 1 fit at any point.

I lost my GK for 6 weeks during the first match of the season. 

I lost my backup for 2 months during the second game of the season.

I've now got to the end of the transfer window without any further injuries to GKs...

Agreed have had the same issue.  Goalkeeper forced off injured four times in first season.

@coadyhas had the same issue and his two saves are on YouTube.  I think he has had seven forced GK substitutions due to injury.

I gave up 8 games into the PL season when 11 of the 20 teams had one or more goalkeeping injury. 

My number 1 and number 2 both got broken arms before the transfer window ended. So I spent all my remaining budget on a new number 1, who then got injured for 4 weeks on his debut. 4th choice is now between the sticks. 

Back to FM23 until this is patched. 

Im about 30 games into my first season, april 2024, my starting gk (35 yrs old) has been riddled w injuries all season, now hes out 2 months (second time that long) and my backup just went down for 6 weeks in his first game starting lol. I like seeing gk injuries, but this is a bit much. Specially since all the injuries have been in-game, and thats where gk’s least get injured. 

14 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue, we're making adjustments to the GK injury rate, thanks for flagging.

Thanks @Zachary Whyte

Not to hold you to anything, but do you know if there is a possibility of any patches prior to 6th Nov? Or will the first one be on full release day? 

On 25/10/2023 at 10:52, DazRTaylor said:

Agreed have had the same issue.  Goalkeeper forced off injured four times in first season.

@coadyhas had the same issue and his two saves are on YouTube.  I think he has had seven forced GK substitutions due to injury.

Yeah and I should mention it isn't just my teams too. I had a run of 3 games in a row where the opposition GK was injured mid match. It's definitely too frequent, albeit nice it is in the game now.👍