• AI squad building is still terrible, seems exactly the same as FM 23

abcdf
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Now, if a feature is indicated as "headline" I do expect major changes in that regard. While AI squad building still seems as terrible as last year, after 1 year of playing I cannot spot any differences at all. I once again outline the major issues:

- AI manager do little rotations with their starting eleven, and their preferences for players are very sticky. Many first team players are left out to make 1-2 appearances as subs in the whole season.

- AI managers still seem to care only about CA-reputation when choosing which players to use, completely disregarding PA and player development.

- Unused youngsters are still left to rust on the sides for years. Even if they do not play them, they often do not offer them for loan leaving them to rust on the sides, or in their B team forever

- Even when youngsters ARE offered for loan, they encounter little to no interest from other teams

The 2 issues above still lead to teams having XL first teams because they are unable to loan a good amount of the young players they have.

- AI transfers logic is still terrible. I often see managers spending loads of money for players that end up NEVER playing. And by never I really mean never, like 2-3 appearences as subs per year. And the funny thing is, after a whole season of never playing, they do not sell them, so those players end up basically never playing for 3-4 years in a row, something which I have barely ever seen happening IRL.

Now, this is not ok SI. Please fix the AI. You said there would have been major improvements. So far, I have seen none.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Fix it or dont fix it i dont care anymore im gonna play other game..maybe in 6 month it works as advertised and il check it out when the irl season is already over

I posted about a issue with u20 u18 manager not using players i tell them to almost 2 weeks ago... i wait patiently for releaae...still not fixed

Edited by mrmiituu

9 minuti fa, mrmiituu ha scritto:

Just shocking how they release these games..

I blindly pay each year but il crack it from now on..this game deserves no money.

Youth coaches dont even know wich players to play...(highest pa..its tjat hard?)

Bro I have never heard an apology for not delivering on this forum. And I have been posting outrageously evident bugs for years. And I can bet my a*s we are not going to see another reply from the devs on this post until FM 25

Edited by abcdf

• SI Staff

We don't post a change list on the release date of the game. It's the release version of the game and so ongoing changes have been made as part of the development process. 

While we fully understand people can be unhappy when a situation persists, we do look to fix it. There have been a lot of changes in this area for FM24, and so there are a lot of aspects to consider and monitor for potential further changes in future updates. 

• SI Staff

Zachary made a very detailed post on what changes have taken place on this front to underlying systems, while also highlighting some areas we're looking into moving forward. Of course we understand that people are looking to play FM for some enjoyment and relaxation among a player-base typically of adults who will have more limited time and want to just have it work. 

It's currently not hitting the mark, and we are looking to sort that moving forward. Putting a specific time line on it isn't something we'd look to do because we could not categorically guarantee that. If it's a case of knowing exactly how to solve it and getting it working as everyone wants, then that would be done. I'm not, and collectively at SI, we're not looking to insult anyone's intelligence or downplay the issue. There is going to be a lot of testing required for changes in this area to try and ensure they hit the correct mark moving forward. 

It's been 2.5 weeks since this was reported. The game is now in full release (with seemingly 0 bug fixes but we don't know cause you don't want to tell us). Providing some sort of timeline to your paying customers seems quite a reasonable thing to ask for a game released annually at full price with basic features that used to work but are now somehow broken. Example - why is the team talk still resetting once the game starts after it was reported weeks ago?

Edited by StephenG

Squad building has indeed improved as far as I can see (specially in the building of U21 and U18 squads, which is FAR more balanced and realistic now, with every major team actually having enough players there), but it's not nearly perfect yet. For me the deepest concern is teams sending so few players on loan. The numbers are ridiculously low. Also, teams tend to have overbloated squads, specially at sub-top level. As far as I can see, they don't get rid of enough free agents at the end of the season, instead keeping players that they will never use. This affects player development because it makes the young prospects less desirable.

Edited by tonidopa

17 minutes ago, tonidopa said:

Squad building has indeed improved as far as I can see (specially in the building of U21 and U18 squads, which is FAR more balanced and realistic now, with every major team actually having enough players there), but it's not nearly perfect yet. For me the deepest concern is teams sending so few players on loan. The numbers are ridiculously low. Also, teams tend to have overbloated squads, specially at sub-top level. As far as I can see, they don't get rid of enough free agents at the end of the season, instead keeping players that they will never use. This affects player development because it makes the young prospects less desirable.

if it is so great, can u explain to me why  17 players from a squad of 30 are with red match sharpness?

image.thumb.png.16c7fb311c2408781eca9cedb3f0a2db.png

this is the u21 schedule 

image.png.e7f858882f1319a4dde433d17a486891.png

with this i should expect only 13 players correctly developed with actual gametime from a squad of 30 ? is this working fine?

Edited by kertiek

hace 8 minutos, kertiek dijo:

if it is so great, can u explain to me why  17 players from a squad of 30 are with red match sharpness?

image.thumb.png.16c7fb311c2408781eca9cedb3f0a2db.png

this is the u21 schedule 

image.png.e7f858882f1319a4dde433d17a486891.png

with this i should expect only 13 players correctly developed with actual gametime from a squad of 30 ? is this working fine?

That's not necessarily poor squad building but unrealistic squad management. That's a known problem along with AI manager substitutions and yeah, I agree it ruins the game in its current form. Just another case of SI actually going backwards from last year's version.

It's funny the headline feature isn't implemented in the game. Poor AI squad management, poor transfers, aging squad. Other people like dave is fixing this for free and FM can't fix this for 2 years.

I've just started playing the full game after holding off from playing the beta. Just finished pre season and not one AI team made a substitution. This despite very tired players in the first eleven. What's worse pre season is the time managers make many changes. I'm afraid this is a game breaking bug. There's no incentive for me to continue playing. 

I cannot understand how you can release a game in this state. Also why was this area a headline feature? Think you should refund everyone who wants one and release the game when it's actually ready.

hace 2 horas, SPE3D dijo:

I've just started playing the full game after holding off from playing the beta. Just finished pre season and not one AI team made a substitution. This despite very tired players in the first eleven. What's worse pre season is the time managers make many changes. I'm afraid this is a game breaking bug. There's no incentive for me to continue playing. 

I cannot understand how you can release a game in this state. Also why was this area a headline feature? Think you should refund everyone who wants one and release the game when it's actually ready.

Yes, this is a game-breaking bug. Also the tendency of the AI to substitute the substitutes borders on ridiculous and kills all the immersion.

Moreover, I've noticed that the game has gone from never giving a chance to youth players to throwing away cup competitions puting five or six random younsters in there while descarding first-team members that actually need game time. Is it so hard for the AI to pick one or two top talents and give them some minutes without throwing away competitions? It's the same in the Community Shield, by the way.

6 ore fa, SPE3D ha scritto:

Honestly the situation is just embarassing. And I mean embarassing for them, to release a game with such evident game-breaking bugs. The substitutions one is just ridiculous, how can a brand as big as FM release a game in this state? This is indie game level stuff, come on. And on top of anything else, how can your marketing team think it’s a good idea to promote this side of the game a HIGHLIGHT for this edition? I just cannot understand the reasoning behind it.

I don't think the QE even realize these player development/ai squad management bugs since it existed since FM 22. Everyone needs to play couple of matches to find these issues or simply go to holiday. Either that or they purposefully build this game this way to give new/casual players a chance to be good at this game by making AI managers very bad. I don't know which one yet and I don't think SI will confirm it.

Edited by TheAwesomeGem

Has anyone even notice that team are even rotating their players? I did a simulation 2 days before the patch and looking at the the data there seem to be no change.
    First screenshot is from before 24.1 and 2nd screenshot is from 24.2.  I didn't look much into like injuries or other factors, but to me it look the same.  Looking at Guler even before the patch he got 2 games in and after patch 2 subs :/.
    If SI want I can even upload my save but what is the point.

image.png.de04ec85cb32e70bdc4fe776afc57212.pngimage.png.a0539f3a129c042fa8c070d8bbb73e44.pngimage.png.b5cfe323994e5ed88e5d6e893b17eb62.pngimage.png.a28a9f3be96ea07ce4ac83a5948bf422.png

Edited by Fwiedwice

I do not know what do you mean by improved AI team selection logic, after the update the situation is still terrible, way worse then in was after the last update of FM23 that kinda improved the situation.

I lost all hope and I am tired of posting on this forum.

Borussia dortmund second team making their entire team unavailable for loan, when at least this issue was fixed in FM 23 last update and they did offer almost every single player for loan.

Explain to me what a Bundesliga level player like Duranville is doing playing in the 3rd tier of German football, what development is he going to get? zero. 

Same thing for Real Madrid B, 3rd tier of spanish football. Entire team unavailble for loan. Rafa Marin played a whole season as a key player for Alaves in La Liga. Now he is left to rot in the 2nd team, not made available for sale and UNAVAILABLE for loan. 

I am just getting tired. The problem is not fixed a bit. You once again delivered false hope to your users. As of now, the AI is worse than it was in FM23, and back then it was terrible. 

I do not even know what to say at this point. I have been posting about this bug FOR 2 YEARS, 2 YEARS for god's sake. Now you just took it back to FM23 pre-last update level. Why? Just explain to me the logic because I just cannot understand. It does not seem so difficult to fix that 2nd team should aim at loaning their players when they are too good to play in lower leagues. Please provide an explanation to me, because I cannot understand

bvb.PNG

duranville.PNG

sfafa.PNG

Cattura.PNG

Edited by abcdf

7 ore fa, Fwiedwice ha scritto:

Has anyone even notice that team are even rotating their players? I did a simulation 2 days before the patch and looking at the the data there seem to be no change.
    First screenshot is from before 24.1 and 2nd screenshot is from 24.2.  I didn't look much into like injuries or other factors, but to me it look the same.  Looking at Guler even before the patch he got 2 games in and after patch 2 subs :/.
    If SI want I can even upload my save but what is the point.

image.png.de04ec85cb32e70bdc4fe776afc57212.pngimage.png.a0539f3a129c042fa8c070d8bbb73e44.pngimage.png.b5cfe323994e5ed88e5d6e893b17eb62.pngimage.png.a28a9f3be96ea07ce4ac83a5948bf422.png

There is little to no change, the bug is still there. Rotation is still terrible. AI teams still never use all 5 substitutions during games. They use 2-3 on average and just do nosensical stuff like subbing in and off central defenders when they are losing the game. I am just tired

Edited by abcdf