• FM24 Editor kits display error

SonOfFate254
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There is an issue in the FM24 pre-game editor where the previews of the kits aren't being shown while editing:

image.png.c46732f272ca9157df3d233574abcb2b.png

image.png.dcb1de01fdf8222abd663b1e7a10fe35.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

A recent message from Miles, shared on the General Discussion board (https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579605-fm24-information-for-upcoming-updates/) comes from a much more knowledgeable and informed source than myself on the nature of our updates. While the pre-game editor isn't as large in scope as the base game there are still multiple platforms involved. 

On 17/11/2023 at 18:23, Michael Sant said:

A recent message from Miles, shared on the General Discussion board (https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579605-fm24-information-for-upcoming-updates/) comes from a much more knowledgeable and informed source than myself on the nature of our updates. While the pre-game editor isn't as large in scope as the base game there are still multiple platforms involved. 

Do we have a prediction date for this Bug to be fixed? @Michael Sant

Le 13/11/2023 à 12:17, Mr. Bob a dit :

I found an easier way to fix it if you go to this locations C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024 Editor and open with notepad the file ''special folders'' and change only the restricted from ''true'' to ''false'' they fix the problem

Thanks 👍

I did everything that was said in the comments.
    I changed it to 1-true-false
    2- I deleted the graphics.fmf file
    3. I extracted the graphics.fmf file and deleted the restricted folder, but the same thing does not work, please ask for help.

@kanpalta92 I did the same as you. It worked for me originally now I've done every step in here and it's no longer working for me which is pretty annoying. Hopefully they'll get a patch first as there are so many problems with the editor at the moment it's beyond a joke

12 hours ago, xbenjaminx said:

@kanpalta92 I did the same as you. It worked for me originally now I've done every step in here and it's no longer working for me which is pretty annoying. Hopefully they'll get a patch first as there are so many problems with the editor at the moment it's beyond a joke

Completely insane to see this.. and we have no idea when this will be delivered. Meanwhile, I'm not being able to play the game, this completely ruins the experience, very frustrating.

5 hours ago, paulo_gama92 said:

Completely insane to see this.. and we have no idea when this will be delivered. Meanwhile, I'm not being able to play the game, this completely ruins the experience, very frustrating.

I'm just plodding away blindly at some of the stuff and sometimes it's working. I managed to fix one error with the federation affiliation, but for every error I fix I find two more.

12 minutes ago, tommysvr said:

It truly is awful this year. I don't know how this game and editor were able to be released in this state. It's pathetic.

I started playing FM this year, thinking it was an amazing game. This is extremely dissapointing, what the h3ll are they doing to release a game in this conditions.

Why is it waiting for December to fix this? Is it so difficult to release an update? Please fix it, we can't play this annoying game anymore!!!!

I agree with the others. This could/should be done as a priority especially considering how importing the modding community is to this game. It's annoying not being able to do all the things necessary at the moment as easily as last year. I guess patience will have to prevail.

15 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this issue should now be resolved after our latest update, can anyone confirm?

I've updated and also verified the integrity of my installs of both the game and editor to make sure my fix wasn't interfering. I can confirm that the kits are now showing correctly for me.