• FM24 Editor kits display error

SonOfFate254
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There is an issue in the FM24 pre-game editor where the previews of the kits aren't being shown while editing:

image.png.c46732f272ca9157df3d233574abcb2b.png

image.png.dcb1de01fdf8222abd663b1e7a10fe35.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

21 hours ago, ZMLM79 said:

@Michael Sant , You might need to hire new QAs. I wonder how a defect that is so visible on manual/exploratory test, was not spotted before this release !!!!

I thought the exact same thing, that's the easiest thing to check and one of the main funcionalities for the Editor, no idea how the Product Owner/Manager and specialy QAs didn't see it, now I won't be able to play until is fixed. @Michael Sant

21 hours ago, ZMLM79 said:

@Michael Sant , You might need to hire new QAs. I wonder how a defect that is so visible on manual/exploratory test, was not spotted before this release !!!!

The QAs only look at what they're told to look at. Don't blame them for not being assigned to the Editor by their Management

34 minutes ago, ZMLM79 said:

Exactly @paulo_gama92 , i would be very surprised if what @animal31said is true. That none QA did some manual / automation test !!! Like Paulo i wont be able to play until this is fixed. Bela merda @paulo_gama92 :D 

Have you ever worked in QA?

QA are given things to look at, and then report bugs

The Dev team managers then decide what bugs get fixed, and to what priority they get fixed

If this bug wasnt found, it was because the QAs weren't given the task to look at the editor, considering its not very hard to find, because the management team didn't prioritize the editor

If the bug was found, its on the Developers to actually correct the broken code, QA cant do a thing at that point, and management just didn't care enough to task someone with fixing it

@animal31i am actually a QA Engineer I , so i know how it works. I would consider this editor defect a big red flag. But then again its all a matter of priorities and where they did look at... Thats why i am happy that i am not the PM :D

Edited by ZMLM79

I did updated my graphics.fmf file myself with FC12 defaults kits and the issue is resolved, didn't try and repack the original file, but i think its a issue with the original raphics.fmf file.

1 minuto atrás, Lusitano disse:

I did updated my graphics.fmf file myself with FC12 defaults kits and the issue is resolved, didn't try and repack the original file, but i think its a issue with the original raphics.fmf file.

Can you put it here for download?

SOrry but no. I did some changes to it,a nd SI might not like that. i'm gonna try and repack the original file and see if it works and see if i can upload it somewere..

6 minutos atrás, Lusitano disse:

SOrry but no. I did some changes to it,a nd SI might not like that. i'm gonna try and repack the original file and see if it works and see if i can upload it somewere..

you tried with the resource archiver? or another software?

resource archiver, but i did replaced the default kits by FC12. The editor loads alot faster with my file than the default one. I just repack the original file and the issue remains, so its clearly a error on the file.

Nope, so something is wrong with the default 2D kits, i copied last years kits and created a new file, and the issue persists, i'm gonna do further tests. There is something different on the default 2d kits and the FC12 defaults kits that is enough to make the kits work

41 minutos atrás, Lusitano disse:

Nope, so something is wrong with the default 2D kits, i copied last years kits and created a new file, and the issue persists, i'm gonna do further tests. There is something different on the default 2d kits and the FC12 defaults kits that is enough to make the kits work

Moved the graphics.fmf from fm23 to fm24 and same error with kits

1 hour ago, ZMLM79 said:

Moved the graphics.fmf from fm23 to fm24 and same error with kits

Tomorrow i'm gonna do more test to try and find out. But has you can see with the FC12 defults kits everything works.. almost everything because the shorts with the lower cuff isn't working.
    image.png.15419e72ecd96a2613f757aed540010f.pngimage.thumb.png.6bbea6cec09543728d12f5e8ee5a9995.png

Edited by Lusitano

Well.. Got it to work on the original file. The only alteration made was the remove the restriced folder and add those files on the correct folders and merge those xml's. There is something on that folder that screws up the Editor

On 07/11/2023 at 02:48, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. The QA team will take a look into this further.

Hello, So it seems i something on the __restricted__ folder inside the graphics/pictures that messes up the loading by the editor, i noticed that some team have restricted kits and the xml lines were duplicated on the non restricted xml. 

Actually the __restricted__ folder its not needed in my case. I always delete the default 2D and 3D kids that comes with graphics.fmf. All i had to do was to delete the __restricted__ folder...All good now

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-10 084608.png