• Custom views not showing properly

Ashellson
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

This is a problem that I already had in FM 23. Whenever I set up a custom view (like on squad, tactics or fixtures pages), the last item to the right gets dragged all the way to the end, creating a horizontal sliding bar and cutting the information that was supposed to fit nicely on the screen. It doesn't matter how many times I change it to fit it back, it always gets messed up later if I leave to another page. In the screenshot you can see that the estimated value column gets dragged to the right even though it shouldn't.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Zach, friendly reminder that it would be really nice to get some sort of feedback on this bug which rears its head every single year without fail.

Any thoughts from anyone at SI to even acknowledge that this is an issue, and that it will be addressed?

Of all the bugs encountered in the Football Manager series, this one is by far the most persistent and ridiculous. A game as advanced as this, that gets significant overhauls on an annual basis (and multiple patches in-between), still cannot handle the seemingly simple matter of having resizable columns that actually work. It's just mind-boggling. Yeah, the match engine's great and the database is amazing and so on but can SI please just fix the sodding interface? FM24 was supposed to be "the most complete edition in the series' history", yet still struggles with something this basic.

Honestly, if the entire sales pitch for FM25 was just "WE FIXED THE COLUMN RESIZING PROBLEM!!" I would buy it without a moment's hesitation :lol:

• SI Staff

Having an issue under review and fixing it are two different things. As mentioned in the thread linked to from last year, there have been different solutions attempted as confirmed by the QA team but these have not resolved the issue. 

On 18/11/2023 at 00:37, Michael Sant said:

Having an issue under review and fixing it are two different things. As mentioned in the thread linked to from last year, there have been different solutions attempted as confirmed by the QA team but these have not resolved the issue. 

Thanks Michael for the response, but none of that seems to address the fact that nothing has changed.

How come this is still under review for such a long time? For so many versions, and yet here we are again with SI ignoring this issue entirely.

I have given some solution options in the thread from last year, did the team try any of those?

Address the issue and give us a straight answer. Will this ever be fixed, and do you care that this issue still exists?

On 17/11/2023 at 23:09, Sandy Tait said:

Honestly, if the entire sales pitch for FM25 was just "WE FIXED THE COLUMN RESIZING PROBLEM!!" I would buy it without a moment's hesitation :lol:

Absolutely agree.

• SI Staff

As mentioned in the thread for this issue last year, over time attempted fixes and changes have been made but haven't resolved the issue. It is therefore looking likely that something more substantial is required to resolve this but it isn't something we can put a specific time frame on. 

On 17/11/2023 at 23:37, Michael Sant said:

Having an issue under review and fixing it are two different things

Tell us something we don't know? :)

10 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

As mentioned in the thread for this issue last year, over time attempted fixes and changes have been made but haven't resolved the issue. It is therefore looking likely that something more substantial is required to resolve this but it isn't something we can put a specific time frame on. 

Not wanting to be unkind or rude, but this is just more stating the obvious. Obviously previous fixes haven't worked, and obviously something more substantial is needed. This has been an issue for a decade or, to put it another, half the existence of the Football Manager franchise (not including the CM days here, clearly). If a bug is present for that long without being fixed, I can't help but seriously question the actual interest the team has in fixing it. Not expecting you to come back with an exact timeframe, I'm just hoping you can convince us that progress is being made and that maybe when FM25 comes out we won't be talking about this yet again.

I don't expect someone to put a time on it Michael, I expect someone to put their hand up and say "I'm going to fix this".

I even gave the most simple fix proposal in last year's thread.

Give me a tickbox in the settings, which can be on by default for those that really don't seem to care, which entirely disables the auto sizing function. I don't want any columns auto sized at any point in the game. I will define all of that myself.

There you go, bug fixed. Only took 15+ years.

And I have to agree with Sandy, just give us some acknowledgement that this is being looked at. Just tell us that it doesn't get logged in the tracker and the internal teams go "Haha, the morons logged that bug again, but we couldn't care less". Ask your managers to tell the development team to fix the bug. That is their job.

Edited by DiggingForOstrich