The "Failed" Actor Challenge/Sign Up

The Failed Actor Challenge/Sign Up

Actors. They strut around on our screens pretending they own the world but what would happen if they had decided to become footballers rather than thespians. Would Clint Eastwood still be a tough guy? Would Adam Sandler bounce around the pitch spouting inanities? Would you like to find out?

This will involve creating a striker on your own computer and telling us about his progress. There will be a set template for you to follow when creating your player but you will be allowed some freedom when making him. However how you play the game is up to you. You can control every club he will play for or you can holiday his entire career. There will be a scoring system that everyone will use to decide who is the most successful as well as a Hall of Fame for the truly great players. You may join this challenge at any time and can redo it many times as you want as well. However you may only have one player on the go at a time but you may declare him retired at any point. Once a name has been chosen it cannot be used again. You must provide a screenshot at the start of the player’s career and you must give a screenshot to claim any points.

Screenshot

Just in case:

To take a screenshot simply press Alt + F9 then look in the screenshots section of Sports Interactive folder in your documents folder.

C:\Users\(Insert Your Name here)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\screenshots – for Vista

Alternatively:

Press Prt Sc button. Open paint and then paste it. Name and Save it.

For both of them:

Upload it to a hosting website – Imageshack, TinyPic or Photobucket (My Preferred).

Copy the link for your picture then paste it into the thread. I’d prefer it if the picture wasn’t posted directly into the thread as this is unfair on people with slower Internet connections.

You must have The English leagues loaded down to League 1 but you can load whatever other leagues you like. It will be to your advantage to load several top level league accross Europe as you will have more options but I am aware some people's computers (mine included) can't handle a great amount. International Management is not allowed at any stage. You may also use any version of FM but if MK Dons aren't in League 1 then you must choose a similar club.

Lastly for the opening post. A big thanks to fattyg and Tomsmith1989 for their help in getting things sorted and to james-99 and Robertlangman for their input.

Important

If your game is running very slowly then you have loaded too many leagues (like I did) and as long as you have not completed your first season you may start over with fewer leagues loaded. If your game crashes and you can't fix it then you may start over with that actor, as long as you have not completed more than 4 seasons. If it crashes after that then you must retire the actor's name and start over with a new actor altogether.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the basic information that you need to need to create your player. You don’t have to post the whole thing in this thread but I need your name so you can reserve it and so it can be entered in the league table.

Name: (Something Famous) (Danny Devito, Will Smith, Bruce Willis and Robert DeNiro were taken during the discussion/ideas phase)

Position: ST

CA: 120

PA: 200 (This prevents people cheating by raising it above other people's)

Nationality: This is up to you to decide.

DOB: Day and Month are up to you but he will be aged 17 (1990)

Atrributes: There is a list of 9 attributes which will be set at 14. Injury Proneness will be 10. The rest is random.

Reputations: Current 30, Nation 20, Worldwide 10

Footedness: Your Choice

Club: MK Dons (This was chosen at random from all the clubs in League 1)

Contract: Wages - 100, Expiry date - 30.06.2010

Attributes to be set at 14.

(Testing showed setting the attributes at 14 gave more balance to the player’s random attributes)

Technical

Finishing

First Touch

Technique

Mental

Positioning

Composure

Work Rate

Physical

Natural Fitness

Stamina

Agility

If you want to make your player as close to the actor as possible then I highly recommend www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) as the place to gather your information from.

Scoring System

Domestic Scores

Top league win – 50

Lower league win – 25

Continental Cup win – 40

National Cup win – 30

Player Scores

Per league/cup goal scored – 1

Per Continental goal scored - 2

Per Assist – 1

Per Man of Match – 4

International Scores

Per cap – 1 (Main Side Only)

Per goal – 3 (Main Side Only)

World Cup – 75

International Regional Cup – 50 (e.g. Euros, Copa America, Asian Cup, Oceanic Cup and Gold Cup)

Awards

Player or Young Player of the month – 15

Player of Year – 30

Fans Player of the Year - 25

League Top Scorer – 40

World Footballer of Year – 100

European Footballer (Any) – 60

Golden boot – 50

World Cup Golden Boot – 50

World Cup Dream team - 25

The "Failed" Actor Challenge Table

-------------------------------------------------------------------
|Pos |      Player       |      User        | Points  |  Seasons  |
| 1  |  Danny Devito     | Tomsmith1989     |   328   |     12    |
| 2  |  Christian Bale   | MachinegunHead   |   302   |     4     |
| 3  |  Robert De Niro   | Blowcrapup       |   214   |     4     |
| 4  |  Beat Takeshi     | charlesbeams     |    63   |     2     |
| 5  |  Bruce Willis     | fattyg           |    48   |     1     |
| 6  |  Daniel Radcliffe | ajcham           |    28   |     1     | 
|=7  |  Timothy Dalton   | Robert922        |    0    |     0     |
|=7  |  Will Smith       | james-99         |    0    |     0     |
|=7  | A. Schwarzenegger | Bubba22plus      |    0    |     0     |
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You will not be entered into the table until you have provided a screenshot of your player but you will be added to the below list.

Reserved Actor List

Samuel L Jackson

Russel Crowe

Leagues Loaded - England (Down to League 1), France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland and Spain (Top Divisions)

2008/2009 - Start of Season 1

Danny DeVito

And so it begins. Danny seems to have got a decent spread of attributes, although his Jumping and Strength seem to have got quite a high figure. Its a shame is headin is quite up to scratch, as he would have been dangerous in the air. Still, I think he should do well at MK Dons, and he is already part of the USA U20s side.

I made him right footed, and left his left foot on random. This has resulted in him being very strong with his right, and reasonable with his left. I set his contract at £100 per week, but it seems to have knocked it down to £95. Not sure why.

Personal

Transfer

Position

I'll be holidaying his career, and i'll be doing seasonal updates. I'm doing this as i've got a career game running which I intend to take quite far. However, I may re-do this at a later date, and manage the teams he plays for.

Heres to a successful sign-up :thup:

Great stuff blowcrapup!!

He's well balanced physically. I think setting the attributes at 14 has worked. His team work is very good. Technically he is good too. Looks promising. I wonder if the difference in ability with the left foot will affect anything. Never thought about the world cup win. Hopefully USAs national side will develop into something spectacular in the next 10-15 years.

I hoping that too but most people who join will pick American actors anyway and as long as they want some realism they should set it American nationality so everyone will be equal.

I also hoping a few more people join up tonight now that the actual thread is up but at the moment I think a lot of people are focussing on the bigger challenges.

2008/2009 - End of Season 1

Danny DeVito

A good season for Danny. He seems to have settled into the side well and is MK Dons' first choice striker. The only frontman to have played more than him was Ali Gerba.

MK Dons First Team

MK Dons didnt have the best of seasons and finished 15th.

League Table

Danny managed to be the top scorer for MK Dons getting 19 goals in all competitions (33 league games, and 4 cup games). He also got 2 man of the match awards.

Stats

Danny gained his first senior cap for USA on 01/04/2009 against Jamaica.

Danny signed a new contract with MK Dons on 11/01/2009 keeping him there until 30/06/2011, and he is now paid £1,700 per week. His value has risen by £10,000 to £130,000. Sheffield Wednesday and Vicenza are interested in his services.

Transfer

He has shown some improvement with the following attributes all going up by 1 point:

Heading, Long Shots, Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Off the Ball, and Strength.

Personal

Position

Danny managed to claim a young player of the month award. He also became the 08/09 Supporters Player of the Season.

Awards

In Other News -

World Transfers (I will just point out transfers over £20m)

July 2008

The biggest move was David Trezeguet moving from Juventus to Chelsea for £24m.

January 2009

Franck Ribery decided to move from Bayern Munch to Arsenal for £31m

Rodrigo Palacio moved from Boca Juniors to Atletico Madrid for £21m

Goran Pandev moved from Lazio to Inter Milan for £21m

Points So Far...

Goals (League + Cup) = 19 = 19 points

Man of the Match Awards = 2 = 8 points

Caps = 1 = 1 point

Fans Player of the Year = 25 points

Young Player of the Month Awards = 1 = 15 points

Total = 68 points

I hoping that too but most people who join will pick American actors anyway and as long as they want some realism they should set it American nationality so everyone will be equal.

I also hoping a few more people join up tonight now that the actual thread is up but at the moment I think a lot of people are focussing on the bigger challenges.

I'm certain interest will develop. Especially as more posts are posted. Also, it is the middle of the afternoon on a Thursday so I assume a lot of people are at work. I love being a student :D

Hey guys,

Your players look pretty similar to how Brucey has turned out.

Leagues Loaded - England (Down to League 2), France (National and above), Germany (Second Division and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Spain (Liga adelante and above)

Season 08/09

Bruce Willis

Brucey's stats are quite good, his physical stats are pretty good, although i'm a bit disappointed with his jumping ability as he has decent heading stats. I gave him a value of 10 for his left and a value of 20 for his right foot so hopefully this will give him a bit more of a threat in front of goal.

Personal

Positions

Transfer

As I think i'm going to manage this for a bit, one bit of concern for me is that Bruce is already attracting some interest from championship sides, and even West Brom in the prem, I'm going to try my best to keep him for this season to see if we can get out of this league. One added plus in this area is that Bruce appears to be quite loyal.

Like Danny and Robert, Bruce is part of the under 20's set up so I imagine he won't be winning the world cup anytime soon

So that's basically it, i'm gonna give this a play now, please bare with me as I won't be able to update as quickly as those holidaying. :)

Its no prob. Just so you know MK Dons are poor. I was told my aim was to enjoy playing in League 1. If he does move you can simply take control of the team he moves to.

De Niro is off playing in the Oylimpics at the moment so if Bruce does you will lose him for two weeks. De Niro also hasn't got a shot on target yet in 6 games now.

Bruce looks good. Compared to Danny though his Jumping and strength are low, however, I would say that Bruce is probably the best of the bunch Mentally.

Yeh, i would say thats probably due to all the terrorist situations he's been in :p.

But in all seriousness i'm hopefully going to try and up that a bit with training.

Yeh, i would say thats probably due to all the terrorist situations he's been in :p.

But in all seriousness i'm hopefully going to try and up that a bit with training.

Been able to train the player is probably the benefit of managing them for their entire career. I assume they dont get trained very well by the AI managers.

Timothy Dalton

A good spread of attributes for De Niro. When he hits his peak his physicals are going to be good. Unfortunatly his long shots are poor as I love my strikers to hit them from a distance. He is also in the U.S.A. Under 20s side so its unlikely he will win the World Cup.

I left his footedness on random and hes came out with a weak left and a strong right foot. His wage has been knocked down to £90 per a week though

Bit of copying and pasting gone on here ;)

Archived