DDT Generator 2009

nerazzurri

what is a DDT generator?

From the web's "help" section:

Introduction

The DDT Generator automates the production of DDT files for the game Football Manager. DDT files force FM to add players from specific clubs and nations when it creates the database for new games.

Usage

First select the the clubs and countries that you want to retain and then click on the Generate DDT button. You will then be sent a DDT file containing the the relevant commands which you should save to your hard drive. once it's downloaded it needs to be copied into the edt directory for the database you are using. The locations are:-

Default: football manager 2009\data\db\900\edt

Update 9.1.0: football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt

Custom databases are located in your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db\ (Vista) or My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db\ folder. Again the DDT file should be placed in the edt folder of the database you are using it with.

Major Clubs

By selecting the major European clubs it will retain the list of clubs that appear in the Major European clubs screen at the beginning of the game. This should ensure that most clubs you encounter in European competitions have real players rather than greyed out ones.

:)

No reason why it wouldn't, though I can't say I've tried it. I have made an EDT Generator in the past (available from http://www.nerazzurri.net) though I've not updated it since the FM06 days so the data in it is going to be fairly out of date, but it should still work.

Yeah, i have the old one, but i was just wondering if you were going to make a new one for 08/09?

ok. so i did generate .ddt file and the "help" says that i need to put that file in edt folder of whatever fm09 version i want to start with. is that the end of the process or i need to choose something specifically when i create a new game? or when i create a new game, the game should automatically include that .ddt file? could some expert please throw some more detail after i put the file in edt folder? thanks!

ok. so i did generate .ddt file and the "help" says that i need to put that file in edt folder of whatever fm09 version i want to start with. is that the end of the process or i need to choose something specifically when i create a new game? or when i create a new game, the game should automatically include that .ddt file? could some expert please throw some more detail after i put the file in edt folder? thanks!

As long as you select the correct database you shouldn't need to do anything else for the game to pick it up, however after you've clicked on New Game and get to the league selection screen you can go to the Extra Files section of the Preferences to see if the file is listed there and is ticked (use the back arrow to go back to the league selection screen afterwards).

You were only joking?!?!?! You mean I could have actually been playing FM for the last 24 hours instead? :mad:

Seriously though you're welcome ;)

:p

It was very nice of you. I've been building a pack for the better part of 2 hours tho... which would be slow as hell without the tool.

I got as far as france, but am trying to label all the files so's people can easily see what's what as well as making an LLM file for the lower leagues in individual major countries.

Possible bug? Can you look at Finland? It seems Sweden Lower League is in there. :confused:

So is it possible to retain a nation (as a manageable entity) but not have to load all their players. I'm thinking that's what you've allowed us to do easily by having nations on the left and right panel, but I just want to make sure.

Now, for my next question, as I pick through m aking them one by one and still find myself on 'H', can this thing make a seperate one per league, and export accordingly?

Namely, I tick one box I get one league, or I tick the 'all' box I get all leagues. Could it potentially ever support tick a box to get a file exported for each league?

• 4 weeks later...

This does not work for me.

I made a ddt file ticking all the spanish clubs and also Andorra. In the game preferences, the ddt file is ticked, but I still getting many grey players in the clubs and nation I ticked when starting a new game.

What am I doing wrong?

:confused:

When retaining a club or a nation I am supposed to get all the players from this club or nation, but, all the players from the database or new ones generated by the game?

For example: if I retain the club Tortosa (a spanish regional team), I am supposed to have all the players from the database + new ones, or just the players from the database?

In my case, I obtain a club with only 10 players, so I assume the ddt file doesn't work.

The same happens with Andorra. This nation only has 4 players although I retained it (and I can confirm it with the unique IDs).

What am I doing wrong then? Or maybe I haven't understood something...

Can you please make an option like for example there is the option of retaining players from major clubs in europe,it would be good if there was also this option for all continents like for example retain players from major clubs in south america,it would be better than retaining all clubs from countries.

This does not work for me.

I made a ddt file ticking all the spanish clubs and also Andorra. In the game preferences, the ddt file is ticked, but I still getting many grey players in the clubs and nation I ticked when starting a new game.

What am I doing wrong?

:confused:

When retaining a club or a nation I am supposed to get all the players from this club or nation, but, all the players from the database or new ones generated by the game?

For example: if I retain the club Tortosa (a spanish regional team), I am supposed to have all the players from the database + new ones, or just the players from the database?

In my case, I obtain a club with only 10 players, so I assume the ddt file doesn't work.

The same happens with Andorra. This nation only has 4 players although I retained it (and I can confirm it with the unique IDs).

What am I doing wrong then? Or maybe I haven't understood something...

Initially you'll only have the players from the database as the game won't create new players when starting a game, that said you should have more players than that for Andorra at the start. I've added quotation marks around the IDs please can you try it again and let me know if this improves things.

Can you please make an option like for example there is the option of retaining players from major clubs in europe,it would be good if there was also this option for all continents like for example retain players from major clubs in south america,it would be better than retaining all clubs from countries.

That was my intention when I added Europe a couple of years ago however I never got around to it. I'll try to add it if I get a chance though.

Initially you'll only have the players from the database as the game won't create new players when starting a game, that said you should have more players than that for Andorra at the start. I've added quotation marks around the IDs please can you try it again and let me know if this improves things.

Thanks for the info, so it was my mistake to think I will retain new players.

About Andorra, I think what happens is I'm playing with a modified database. In my database I raised the reputation of Andorra to 10000 (:D) so, as Andorra has very bad players, I think the ones on the database are not summoned to join the national team.

Besides, even if I load all the andorran players, I can't play with Andorra. It's strange, because with the 9.1 database I can.

About the quotes on the clubs IDs, I haven't found any difference.

Archived