Match Day Expenses

I'm having a serious problem with Match Day Expenses on Football Manager. I am currently Carshalton in Blue Square Premier but last season I was deducted 10 points because I went in to administration. I don't normally take a look at the financial report but this time I did to see what was wrong. It turned out I was losing 28k a month and 26.5k was from match day expenses. How do I keep match day expenses down to a good level? I'm inside my wage budget and have spent nothing on transfers and the other 1.5k I was losing was from staff wages which is no real problem but the way I am going next season I am going to go in to administration again.

Kev's right, there's nothing you can do to change the match day expenses.

You need to be more succesful to attract a bigger crowd, hope for long runs a big draws in the cup's and play some lucrative friendlies.

At this level there's a lot of talent around, so if you're not going to get promoted, consider selling off your best players and bringing someone else in on a free.

I've got two free agents worth £100K total and if I don't go up this year I'm going to have to let them both go to balance the books.

As posted you can not do anything about match day expenses.

Your only real input is transfers and wages.

Have you got any high paid reserves you could off load?

Failing that, as also suggested, success brings more fans, which brings more revenue.

Edit: I always used to play a whole host of friendlies when I was lower league at Tamworth, as many as I could, as each one generated money. Have a look at that in the next pre-season.

I think there is something wrong with the expenses in the lower leauges, probably the prem 2.

It seems that lower leauge clubs are losing lots of money a month. If it was real life nobody could possible finance them. Everyone would go bust. My chairman was just pumping in 100k here and there all the time just to stop me from going into admin.

The prem the money dished about seems too high. If it wasn't for the fact players cost 6 times they do IRL everyone would be zillionaires. I think this is why nobody wants to sell.

On my save birmingham was a yo yo club. When they went down they didnt need to sell anyone. I bid 25m for there striker and they refused. They should really be needing to offload players.

But that is the way it is in real life. Why do you think the premiership was split off in the first place?

As far as I can remember the Tv money before the split was roughly 50% div 1 25% div 2 and 25% the rest, but now I reckon it is running about 90% Prem 10% the rest.

Also in real life the number of insolvencies and bankruptcies are rising over the last twenty years amongst the league clubs as illustrated in this article

Archived