Full Name - Club Atlético Lanús

Nickname - El Granate (The Granet)

Founded - 3rd January 1915

Stadium - Estadio Lanús

Chairman - Nicolás Russo

Manager - Luis Zubeldía

League - Argentine Primera División

Apertura 2009 - 9th

Club Atlético Lanús is an Argentine football club from Lanús, Buenos Aires, founded on 3 January 1915. They have won two major championships in their history, the Copa CONMEBOL in 1996 and the Apertura 2007. In 2007, Lanús won their first ever top flight championship. They won the Apertura 2007 after earning a 1-1 draw with Boca Juniors in their last fixture of the tournament to finish four points clear of their closest rivals Club Atlético Tigre. José Sand was a hero of the campaign, netting an impressive 15 goals in 15 games. Lanús finished a respectable 9th in the Apertura (opening stage) this season.

Football Manager Information

Nation - Argentina

Year Founded - 1915

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends - None

Icons - Hector Cuper, Ramon Cabrero, Jose Sand, Ariel Ibagaza, Carlos Roa, Hugo Morales, Lautaro Acosta, Agustin Pelletieri, Ariel Lopez, Ezequiel Carboni, Gustavo Siviero, Gabriel Schurrer, Daniel Cravero, Luis Zubeldia

Favoured Personnel - None

Fierce Rivals - Banfield, Talleres R. E.

Other Rivals - Quilmes, Los Andes, Huracan

Finances - Okay

Continental Competition - South American Copa Sudamericana

Squad Personality - Professional

Squad

I personally think Lanús' squad is very good, and is easily capable of challenging for the title without any signings. Looking at the other squads, most of them have had most of their best players sold, therefore I feel the Lanús squad is one of the best in the league.

Goalkeepers

GK - Maurico Caranta*

GK - Agustín Marchesín

Defenders

SW, DC - Carlos Quintana

DC - Santiago Hoyos*

DC - Iván Macalick

DC - Jádson Viera*

D/WB RL - Carlos Arce

D/WB R - Hernán Grana*

D/WB/ML - Maximiliano Velázquez*

Midfielders

D/WB R, DM, M RC - Eduardo Ledesma*

DM, M RLC - Diego González

DM, M C - Matías Fritzler

DM, M C - Agustín Pelletieri*

AMR - Marcus Aguirre

AM RLC - Sebastián Blanco*

AM R, FC - Eduardo Salvio*

AML - Adrián Peralta*

Strikers

AM/FC - Diego Lagos

FC - Santiago Biglieri

FC - Santiago Salcedo*

Players marked with a * are players that must be considered for the first eleven.

Recommended Starting Formation

lanusformation.jpg

Star Man

0KDYHGHP--346x212.jpg

Eduardo Antonio Salvio (born 13 May 1990 in Avellaneda) is an Argentine football striker currently playing for Club Atlético Lanús. He has a low centre of gravity and is skillful with the ball at his feet. Naturally a striker, Salvio can operate as a winger or an attacking midfielder. Salvio made his first team debut for Lanús on August 24, 2008 in a game against Boca Juniors. He scored his first two goals for the club in a 4-2 win over Argentinos Juniors on October 24, 2008. Overall he scored 9 goals in the season and helped Lanús end up as season leaders, even though they didn't win any tournaments. He currently play for Lanùs.

salvio.th.jpg

In Football Manager is best described as an incredibly pacey winger; he can beat his man over and over again, and although he is not the strongest, strength is not that important in the Argentinian leagues. His technical attributes are pretty poor to be perfectly honest. His mental attributes are also pretty poor, although his determination and flair are extremely high. His physical stats are what make him the player he is though; his pace, stamina and agility make him an exceptional winger.

Here is a shortlist created by batty1 with many Argentinian players.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just finished the Argentinian Premier Division Opening Stage and finished a reasonable 6th.

At the start of the season I signed -

Sebastian Nayar - Free

Rodrigo Marangoni - £60k

Nayar is yet to play, and I really shouldn't of signed him. Marangoni on the other hand has been a revelation. I slotted him into AMC, and moved Blanco to AMR and he has been brilliant. He finished the opening stage with 4 goals, 4 assists and an average rating of 7.18. I recommend him very highly, especially for the price. The fans are delighted with him as well, saying - 'they believe you have pulled off a real coup with the bargain signing of Marangoni who has simply been a revelation since signing for the club'.

My top scorer was Santiago Salcedo who finished with 13 goals in 18 appearances. If I'm being completely honest, I didn't realise he had such an exceptional goal return as he has been playing very poor for me. But I guess if he scores the goals, then that is all that matters...

My best player according to average rating was Sebastian Blanco, and he finished the opening stage with an average rating of 7.36. He was playing exceptionally well for me, but then he got injured and hasn't played since. He scored 3 goals and made 4 assists.

I have never managed in Argentina but when I do possibly tomorrow I'm going to play as Lanus.

It's a very interesting league tbh. The big teams often fail, and little teams come out of know-where to take the title! I'm glad I'll have some company though. :cool:

wowsx.th.jpg

I just thought I'd show how many of my squad are wanted by other teams, it's ridiculous! :D

Salcedo, Blanco, Salvio, Viera and Velazquez are all wanted by 5 different clubs. It's gunna be hard to keep hold of this team. :(

Inter Milan have just bid £1.5mil for Faccioli, what do you recon would be a fair price?

I would reject it tbh. He has a potential ability of

therefore he could become a very good player, especially in Argentina.

Well thats one of the great things about managing in Argentina. The constant need to rebuild your team after grooming talent and moving them on.

I'm finding it very hard to find any replacements. I've found all players in Argentina are extremely overpriced, therefore with my tiny budget I can't buy many players. :(

Loans are dead important and most teams in the APD will loan to each other, I got Cristaldo on loan in my first save. And go to the lesser leagues in South America to find cheap Argentinian players, like Marangoni.

EDIT; Walter Jimenez, and Mauro Cejas, German Villa, are cheap good squad players, Pavel Pardo is good but may be expensive try for a loan. Leao Butron is a good keeper, Marco Ruben on loan?.

I would reject it tbh. He has a potential ability of

therefore he could become a very good player, especially in Argentina.

I told them to cough up £15mil for him and they refused and he's still happy :) However I've had a crap start to the pre-season lost my first friendly 3-1 to San Martin(SJ)

I told them to cough up £15mil for him and they refused and he's still happy :) However I've had a crap start to the pre-season lost my first friendly 3-1 to San Martin(SJ)

I started awfully, losing 2, drawing 5 of the first 7 games, but I picked up and finished 6th. You'll be fine! :thup:

Well

What batty??????
Lanús. :cool:

I've never managed in Argentina before and it will be a great learning curve and it will be interesting. But don't worry either of you I'll still be continuing my Lyon save to. :thup:

I started awfully, losing 2, drawing 5 of the first 7 games, but I picked up and finished 6th. You'll be fine! :thup:

I hope so

i'd recommend defederico if your scouts reckon he gets a high pa because in my spurs save his stats shot up like a bullet and ended up being 3.5 star CA by the end of my 2nd season (my team won the league so it's definitely impressive to have such a high ca)

Unfortunately, I think he's out of my budget. :(

Amazingly enough I've managed to keep 9 clean sheets in 10 games after tweaking my tactic. I'll see how it does till the end of the season, if it succedes I'll upload it and Pm you the link for you to put in the op for anyone starting a games as Lanus to download. If you want that is. My only signing is Marangoni.

As I wrote this post we gave San Lorenzo a 5-0 hiding. Thats 5 clean sheets on the spin

EDIT: Lanus win the opening stage!

End of Season Update

Opening Stage

openingstage.th.jpg

I was really lucky here. I played extremely poor and I was tenth all throughout until the final few games.

Closing Stage

closingstage.th.jpg

I was doing really well, and was even top for a while. But the wheels fell off, and I finished a disappointing 5th.

Final League Table

finalleaguetable.th.jpg

So overall, I came a respectable 5th. The board was delighted as they only expected a top-half finish, but I am quite disappointed. The squad I have is easily capable of challenging for the title, and I think it's more down to my tactics tbh.

Manager Awards

Player of the Season

Santiago Salcedo - although he may not of always played exceptionally well, he did always score the goals. Without his goals we would of probably been in a relegation battle. Finished the season with 19 goals in 31 matches, making 4 assists and an average rating of 7.29.

Young Player of the Season

Eduardo Salvio - this was a very tough choice between Salvio and Blanco, but I chose Salvio due to the fact he covered the striking position brilliantly when Salcedo was injured. He has alot of clubs after him and I doubt I'll be able to keep hold of him. Finished the season with 9 goals, 5 assists and an average rating of 7.26.

Signing of the Season

Rodrigo Marangoni - well this wasn't a very hard choice, as my only other signing made just 4 sub appearances, but that shouldn't take nothing away from Marangoni - he was sublime. Signed for just £60k he carried me through games. He is 32 now so unfortunately he is past his peak. I may take the money I can get for him now tbh.

The New Season

My aims for this season are simple - win a trophy. I believe the Copa Sudamericana is a trophy I can win with the right tactics, and it will be a great achievement for me if I can win it. I also want to try and keep hold of all my first 11 players as they have all been exceptional. I think it may be time to review my tactics and go back to the drawing board. There are no positions that are crying out to be strengthened, but if the right player comes along for the right price I will consider it.

Juan Pablo Cruz

juanpablocruz.th.jpg

I have to say, I am very excited about this regen. My coaches say he has the potential to be better than Blanco so I'm definately going to keep hold of him. I will probably play him in a few easier games this year just so he can get the experience.

Archived