FM10 - Villarreal CF Thread

Simondo2k8

Welcome to the Villarreal Club de Fútbol Thread

Villarrealcf.jpg

Club Information

Full name : Villarreal Club de Fútbol

Nickname : El Submarino Amarillo

Founded : 1923

Ground : Estadio El Madrigal (Capacity: 23,000)

Chairman : Fernando Roig Alfonso

Club Finances

Club Balance: £29,490,811

Expectations:

Continental Qual. - £6,000,000 - 800k

Title Challenge - £7,500,000 - 875k

Title Winner - £8,250,000 - 900k

Villarreal CF are a club with no debt which is always good. They have a decent shirt sponser deal and a good fanbase. As a manager you are given a budget of £6 million for a Continental Qualification objective which is a nice sum but if alot of dead wood is offloaded you can transfer alot of the wage to transfer budgets generating around £20 million.

Club History

The club was founded in 1923 and played in regional leagues until the Spanish Civil War, during which Spanish football went into a hiatus. After the war, the club played in various regional leagues as well as the Third Division until the 1970/71 season, when Villarreal first played in the Segunda División for two consecutive seasons, at the end of which the club was relegated to the Third Division once again. After playing in the Segunda División B for a few seasons in the late 80s, Villarreal managed to solidify themselves as a Segunda División club starting with the 1992/93 season.

On May 24, 1998, a date which the club's supporters still remember fondly, Villarreal sealed promotion to the Primera División for the 1998/99 season, which started with an intimidating match against giants Real Madrid in the Santiago Bernabéu. After a difficult season, Villarreal were again relegated to the Segunda División for the 1999/2000 season, in which they finished third, again earning promotion to La Liga de las Estrellas, the Primera División, where they have remained up to the present day.

Villarreal C.F. has supported a long rivalry with C.D. Castellón for geographical reasons since both are from the province of Castellon, and with Valencia C.F. since the two are the most competitive teams of the Valencia region; this clash is called the Valencian local derby.

Honours

La Liga

Runner-up - 2007-08

Tercera División

Winners - 1969 –70]

Campeonato Regional de Aficionados

Winners - 1951

Primera Regional

Winners - 1935–36, 1954–55, 1966–67

[edit] International

UEFA Intertoto Cup (2): 2003 and 2004

Villarreal Squad

Goalkeepers

Valentin Brasca

Juan Carlos

Xavier Oliva

Diego Lopez

Diego Marino

Out of the 5 keepers Diego Lopez stands out as the best. Although not world class so i would recommend looking at a different number 1 if you have the funds available, if not i can see Diego Lopez holding his own for now.

Defenders

Gonzalo Rodriguez

Fabricio Fuentes

Ivan Marcano

Diego Godin

Edu Caballer

Angel

Javi Venta

Joan Capdevila

Joan Oriol

Jose Manuel Catala

Villarreal look ok in defence, they have 3 very good central defenders with Fuentes being an ok back up as he's getting on abit now.

The full back positions may be an area worth looking into maybe next season with Capdevila and Angel being ok for the 1st season i reckon.

Midfielders

Marcos Senna

Bruno

Sebastien Eguren

David Lazaro

Cristobal

Centre Midfield may be an area worth looking into with only Senna and Bruno i see worth keeping and even they dont look top class just good for the 1 season again i think so midfield looks a point to invest in.

Wingers/Attacking Midfielders

Robert Pires

Cani

David Fuster

Santiago Cazorla

Robert Flores

Ariel Ibagaza

Damien Escudero

Jonathon Pereira

One of the better parts of the squad with a few good players included here although again it may be worth shipping a few out. Cazorla obviously stands out here so i would look to keep hold of him.

Strikers

Guiseppe Rossi

Nilmar

Joseba Llorente

Marco Ruben

Gerard Bordas

Rossi and Nilmar here are top quality strikers with Llorente's potential to do a good job here aswell so i dont think upfront needs much investing although a couple could be shipped out/replaced.

Overview

So there we go,

Altogether Villarreal have a solid, good team and with no debts and a good budget this team can be taken far. One thing i have also noticed is that alot of top talents in the game are willing to sign for El Submarino Amarillo.

So i hope this post encourages a few people to start with Villarreal and have a good game with them. :)

Have just started my own game so will post an update a few months in.

Right so just starting finished my pre-season which i have been overall happy with, had a few good freindly's with wins at home against Manchester Utd & Lazio also tough away games losing 5-3 and 2-1 to Liverpool & Chelsea ending the pre season games with a 1-0 win over Gremio in brazil.

Now for the in's and out's, with a very busy summer in the transfer market here's who i have brought in and who have left the club.

In -

Arda Turan - 9.25M

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - 1.7M

Angel Di Maria - 2.7M

Iker Muniain - 1.8M

Romelu Lukaku - 2.4M

James Rodriguez - 1.9M

Marco Verratti - 200k

Mats Rits - 750k

Alphonse Areola - 100k

Nicolas Otamendi - 6M

(Joining Jan 2010)

Eyal Golasa - 1M

Gael Agboussomonde - 150k

(Joining July 2010)

Marcelo - 240k

Zezinho - 1.9M

Torric - 75k

Bruno Zuculini - 20k

Also have alot of brazilian youth (around 10 players) joining at the start of the 2011 season.

Out -

Cani - 2M

Mandi - 95k

Mauricio - 475k

Diego Godin - 3M + 25%

Marco Ruben - 750k

Robert Flores - Loan 525k

Mario - 650k + 25&

Cristobal - 200k

Damien Escudeuro - 750k

Fabricio Fuentes - 500k

Eguren - 2.5M

Ibagaza - 1M

J. Llorente - Loan 350k

So mostly shipped out the deadwood of Villarreal but also a few decent players but needed to raise funds/clear wage bill.

Have brought in alot of youth with high potential that i hope will be good enough to keep the team together and develop the youngsters alot with quite abit of first team football this first season.

Will look to get rid of a few more players in jan and go for a few more targets of mine.

Just about to start my Uefa Cup 4. Qual Rnd Vs Trabzonspor so will update the thread a few more games in.

i have now takeover Villarreal in 4 season. i have 3 seasons withh Juve and now i chose the ofer from Villarreal. My first sign was Branislav Ivanovic. So long i play 5matches(join to club in december 2012) and i have won them all. in table i'm in 8th.

• 1 month later...

Just started a villareal game. Looks a very exciting team to be if im honest with the 'no debt' and the exciting players such as rossi and cazorla.

Just started pre season matches. I have pretty much revamped the coaching squad as there is a lot of scope as there are only 6 coaches currently hired at the start of the game. The board recomend no more than 17 coaches.

i have also revamped and got rid of a lot of the deadwood in the squad, so that was useful for generating cash to add to my allready allocate £6m budget.

Bought Sold

Jovetic £17m Fuentes £2.4m

Andrade FREE Ibagaza £3.6m

Gago (loan) Ruben £2m

Zuiverloon £6m Roberto Flores £2.1m

Arelonses £1m Silva (loan) possible £1m

Lukalu £2.1m

Formation i am playing is 4-2-3-1

GK Lopez

WBL Capdevilla

WBR zuiverloon

CB Rodriguez

CB Andrade

DMC gago

DMC Senna

AMC Cani

AML Jovetic

AMR Cazorla

FC Rossi

have got expectations of finishing in top 4 with the team i have and a few quality replacements in the wings such as Nilmar, Pires, Marcano etc.

Should be good season :)

• 2 weeks later...

am now villarreal boss, left my beloved arsenal a few months into the 6th season, 3 months after signing a new 5 year deal! spent a few months unemployed before pitching up on a 4-month contract (at my own request) to take over villarreal who were in a mess when i took over. without a win in 6, and since i have taken over in the last 12 games we clawed ourselves to within 2 points of a champions league place (looked impossible when i took over) and only conceded 3 in the last 11.

signed a new 1 year deal, brought in some experience into a team sadly slightly aged anyway. i feel i have a tough season ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am playing with Villarreal at the moment. Top of the League in mid January, most goals scored, best GD. Offensively, doing awesome, goals coming from every direction. Rossi and Nilmar were 1&2 in the league top scorers before Nilmar tore a hamstring and he went out for 4 months. Same thing happened with Senna, but I rode that and kept my form. Won 19 games in a row, between losses to Sevilla and Barcelona, both away.

Transfer-wise, I don't like changing teams much when I take over, so I still have much of the original squad. My one main signing was Heiko Westermann, since I needed a guy that can play fullback and other positions as well, and he was performed great.

I am playing a narrow formation, 4-1-2-1-2:

Rossi/Jonathan Nilmar/Llorente

Cazorla/Ibagaza

Cani/Fuster Pires/Bruno

Senna/Eguren

Capdevila/Angel Marcano/Godin Rodriguez/Fuentes Westermann/Venta

Lopez/really bad backup

Recently though, Pires' attributes have been dropping rapidly, so I started playing Senna at CM with Eguren at DM and it's come out very well, with Senna bagging 3 goals and 1 assist in 2 games.

Like I said before, I have all wins in both La Liga and Europa Cup, but 2 losses to Sevilla and Barca, so everything going swell. :)

I just took over villarreal after 4 years in charge of NK Dinamo in croatia. It was november and they were in 16th. I brought in the following players for the january window:

Igor Akinfeev (£6million, end of contract fee)

Andrej Kramaric (£17.5million 3 deposit, 14.5 over 48 months)

Tinga (£30 million, 4 deposit, 26 over 48 months)

Torric (£5million, 2 million deposit, 3 million over 48 months)

Marco Franceschini (newgen/regen, loaned from arsenal youth team till season end)

Alban Barrau (newgen/regen from barca under 19's)

coming in the summer 2015 window:

Deniz Naki (free from bochum)

Etiene Capoue (free from tolouse)

Diego Buonanotte (free from standard)

Hector Reyes (£7.5million from America (mex))

Marc Muniesa (£8.5million from Getafe)

I play 4-1-2-1-2, narrow diamond, milan style. The only players remaining from the start of the save at Vilarreal for me are altidore, nilmar and Diego lopez.

soon as i end the 2015 august window, i'll get a screen up. But its safe to say, the AI sold off most of the best original players before I took over

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just started a Villareal save and I am looking for some advice. How do you get the best out of Rossi. At the moment I have him sitting behind Llorente (Targetman support) as a Trequarista on Attack but his ratings are poor and he does not really get into the game. Any advice would help. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I figure this thread needs a rejuvenation - there must be some people playing as Villarreal, right? Such a fun team to play with.

I started up with them as my first game with the 10.3 patch.

First thing I noticed was the fact that they have a worryingly ageing squad, so I set about telling my board that I expected to challenge for the title (why not? Solid centre-backs, good attacking midfielders, two deadly strikers...), increased my trasfer budget to £25m and started recruiting promising youth on 48 month deals. Below are my transfer dealings for the first summer:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Picture2-2.png

It seems like a heavy outlay I know, but I expect at least CL qualification, and with that and the TV money at the end of the season, as well as a couple of sales in January, I should be fine. As you can see only really Adler, Sissoko, and Hazard were bought for immediate starts, the rest are investments, and as such my spending over the next few seasons should be low enough to balance my splurge.

This is how I set up my team:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Picture3-3.png

And tactics:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Picture5-2.png

Gk (def)

DR/DL - Fullback (Auto)

DC - Central Defender (Def)

MLC - Ball-winner (Def)

MRC - Box-to-Box

AMLC - Inside Forward (Att) - roaming

AMC - Trequartista (playmaker)

AMRC - Advanced playmaker / InFwd - roaming

ST - Poacher - Target man, run onto ball

I struggled to stop my two central midfielders shooting from distance all of the time - there weren't enough chances being created in the box. Generally I switch to an attacking mentality in most games, but if we're still doing badly I switch to a 4-2-2-2 with wingers, keeping the same player roles, but moving Giuseppe up top and making him a target man with ball to feet and disabling the playmaker role.

As you can see results have been going exceptionally well - I'm top at the turn of the year, but no doubt results will turn against me. I'm looking at third now though as my expectation. Lord knows what is going on at Valencia (I'm praying they go down and I get to nab their players):

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Picture6-1.png

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Picture7-1.png

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/BritishSummerTeam/Villarreal/Picture10-1.png

These results have partly been down to Rossi and Nilmar, who have been ace. Rossi in particular got into the world team of the year. I've just had a January bid for him from Real Madrid - told them to come back with £80m...

Picture8-1.png

Picture9-1.png

Looking forward to developing my youngsters though. How is everyone else doing? I'm really loving this game. Can you expand the stadium? OR move to another one soon?

I played 2 seasons with Villarreal.

First season,lost in the 1/4 finals in Cup against Mallorca and finishing the 2nd in La Liga with the same number of points as Madrid (they beat me once and we draw once).

And i won against R.Madrid in Euro Cup finals 1:0.

Transfers 1st season.

1z39l6q.jpg

2nd season i finished 1st,and against lost the 1/4 finals in Cup against Zaragoza and Juventus kicked us in 1/4 finals in CL.

Kuipers is regen,Jovetic and Rossi where my main players.

Rossi scored 45 goals in all competitions (he was first scorer of La Liga and CL)

351xpc2.jpg

3rd season i started did all transfer played about 15 games and resigned,i signed these players:

Laudrup signed the last 4 players.

2mespwk.jpg

As i said i resigned and waited until the end of season when Pellegirni was kicked from Real and i stepd in.

I had a great team at Villarreal and im kinda sorry i quit on them,but in 2,5 season i managed to beat Real and Barca 2 times (in total) and they kicked my a$$ :D

And Laudrup sold Rossi to Bayern for 31mil euros, i wouldnt do that never.

• 1 month later...

I have manage to 3 full seasons with Villarreal, now at the beginning of 4th season (have played couple of matches). Havent won any trophies so far, especially Real Madrid is a monster, but have played exremely well still. 3rd in first and second season, 2nd in third season. In the UCL I managed to get to knock-out stage in both second and third season but was eventually knocked out by Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

I play with 4132-formation and my current best line-up is:

GK Lopez

DR Srna

DL Fabio

DC Marcano

DC David Luiz

DM Fellaini

MC Adrien

MC Kwadwo Asamoah

MC Palombo

FC Lukaku

FC Nilmar

Now is really time for challenge some trophies! :)

• 3 months later...

Finished 2nd in my first season, had 95pts but Madrid had 98 :/

Rossi was a beast

25su1wz.jpg

Current lineup -

GK - Adler/Lopez

DR - Angel/Aurier

DL - Jose Angel/Capdevilla

DC - Gamberini/Rodriquez

DC - Bochetti/Marcano

MC - Sissoko/Senna

MC - Rodwell/Annan/Tinga

AMC - Afellay

AMC - Gourcuff/Pacheco

AMC - Hazard/Buonanotte

ST - Rossi/Nilmar/Djalo

Also have quite a few promising youngsters and regens in backup and out on loan, Villareal are a fantastic team to pick on FM.

Archived