Manager photo has disappeared...

How can I make my manager photo display? Selected it initially but it no longer appears in my profile and when I'm part of a news item.

I tried this http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28274 but it still fails to appear.

Any ideas? Is there a more basic way of re-selecting it (i.e. browse/select?) ?

Hope someone can help.

And this is fine for FM2010? Still doesn't appear.

<record from="1394672688.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394672688/portrait"/>

or

<record from="1394672688" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394672688/portrait"/>

When I used the first instance above, a 'shadowed' face appears, in the second one - nothing. Neither show the actual photo.

<record from="1394672688" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394672688/portrait"/> ( This line is correct. You do not need to put in the file ext.)

Your photo must be an PNG image with a size of 180 pixels by 180 pixels. If not the picture will not appear

<record from="urbanjunkie.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394644524/portrait"/>

Placed it in: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Graphics

Dropped the xml file in there too:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="urbanjunkie.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394644524/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Still doesn't appear. The file size is: 180 x 178

How should I be using preferences? Go in, untick both, tick always reload on skin....?

In this line: <record from="urbanjunkie.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394644524/portrait"/>

1. Change "urbanjunkie.png" to "urbanjunkie"

2. Like I said your picture must be 180 pixels by 180 pixels. Not 180 x 178.

3. When that is done go into preferences in the game and untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm. (These are in the display and sound section). Confirm the changes.

Same happened to me - not a game breaker but a bit of a shame as it worked in FM09. As for Post #8, if I have to do that to get my photo in the game then something's a bit wrong! I would expect any wizard to let me know of issues at source or stop me doing something that wont work. Ultimately, rather have an excellent (MF10 :thup: ) game without my photo that a kack one with it in!.

This is driving me mental.

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="Image4" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394672688/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

in

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Graphics

Along with the xml.

The Image4 file is 180 x 180.

Still fails to appear. The default shadowed image of a face appears instead.

:(

Same happened to me - not a game breaker but a bit of a shame as it worked in FM09. As for Post #8, if I have to do that to get my photo in the game then something's a bit wrong! I would expect any wizard to let me know of issues at source or stop me doing something that wont work. Ultimately, rather have an excellent (MF10 :thup: ) game without my photo that a kack one with it in!.

So is there no way to access the wizard once you start a game?

Hmm... you seem to have done everything correctly. Strange...

Regarding the config.xml (When you are saving the config.xml, remember to change the save as file type to all files instead of text file if you are opening the config.xml with notepad.)

Sadly makes no difference. Very strange this. Maybe there's no way of picking it back up again once the game has 'lost it'. Although surely it should based on the fact that if you add facepacks they get picked up?

Perhaps if I add myself to the Spurs squad pics...

It should work in your Tottenham facepack. The thing is you need to find out your manager's unique ID from the preferences screen. Open the config file with notepad and type in the following in a new line:

<record from="typenameofphotohere" to="graphics/pictures/person/typemanagerIDhere/portrait"/>

Archived