FM10: Official Oxford United Thread!

WELCOME TO THE 2010 OXFORD UNITED THREAD

oxfordbadge3.gif

Oxford United Football Club a.k.a. The U's and Yellows

Brief History

Oxford United FM09 Thread

Formed as Headington in 1893 playing at Wotten's Field. In 1960 they were renamed Oxford United in order to give the club a higher profile. Then in 1962 Oxford won the Southern League title for the second successive season and was elected to the Fourth Divison. In 1965 they achieved promotion to the Third Division then promoted to the Second Division in 1967.

Oxford had good times in the 1985-86 season avoiding relegation from the First Division on the last day of the season and won the "Milk Cup" 3-0 against QPR at Wembley.

This would have taken them to the UEFA, but because of the Heysel Stadium disaster English teams had been banned from the competition.

In 2001 Oxford moved to the Kassam Stadium but after the honeymoon period Oxford started struggling and now find themselves hoping for Promotion in the Blue Square Premier.

Background

Name: Oxford United

Nickname: The U's

Founded: 1893

Home Kit: Yellow and Navy

Away Kit: White

Rivals: Swindon, Reading

Minor Rivals: Wycombe, Cheltenham, Rushdon, Luton

Legends: Jim Smith, Ron Atkinson, Joey Beauchamp, John Aldridge

Icons: Gary Briggs, Matt Elliot, Denis Smith, Paul Moody, Mike Ford, Paul Whitehead, Les Robinson, Malcolm Shotton, Kevin Brocke, Alan Judge, Chris Allen

Favoured Personnel: Dean Whitehead, Jamie Brooks, Jim Magilton, Phil Gilchrist, Andy Scott, Paul Simpson, Dean Saunders, John Trewick, Steve Basham, Paul Powell, Darren Purse, Mickey Lewis, Dean Windass, Paul Wanless, Chris Hackett

League: Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 2nd

Team Captain: Adam Murray

Vice Captain: -

Finances

Estimated Value: 975k

Loan Debt: 1.4m loan debt

Balance: £600k

Transfer Budget: £0

Remaining Wage Budget: around £800-1000

Stadium and Training

Ground: Kassam Stadium - 12243 Capacity

Rent: £400k per year

Year built: 2003

Stadium condition: Good

Under soil heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch dimensions: Length: 106m Width: 65m

Max pitch dimensions: Length: 112m Width: 68m

Pitch condition: Very good

Reserve stadium: Loop Meadow, Didcot

Season Ticket Holders: 3250

Average Ticket Price: £12

Average Season Ticket Price: £280

Corporate facilities: None

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Average

450678937_5c55bfbf9b.jpg?v=0

Chairman: Kelvin Thomas

Advisor: Jim Smith

General Manager / Club Secretary: Mick Brown

Coaching and Medical Staff

Manager: Chris Wilder

First Team Coach: Mickey Lewis

Coach: Andy Melville

Goalkeeping Coach: Alan Hodgkinson

Physios: Charlie Greig & Jon Brown

sports Massage Therapist: Lindsay Davis

Youth Development Officer: Les Taylor

Community Officer: Peter Rhoades-Brown

Current Squad:

GK Billy Turley

GK Ryan Clarke

DF Damien Batt

DF Kevin Sandwith

DF Rhys Day

DF Ross Perry (on loan from Rangers)

DF Ian Sampson

DF Luke Foster

DF Mark Creighton

DF Steven Kinniburgh (on loan from Rangers)

DF Shane Killock

DF Chris Carruthers

MF Adam Chapman

MF Adam Murray

MF Dannie Bulman

MF Simon Clist

MF Marcus Kelly

MF Alfie Potter (on loan from Peterborough United)

MF Sam Deering

MF Richard Groves

FW James Constable

FW Jack Midson

FW Matt Green (on loan from Torquay United)

FW Jamie Cook

FW Aaron Woodley

FW Alex Rhodes

Recommended first teamers are in bold

Star Man - James Constable

0,,10342~4564253,00.jpg

Squad Anaylsis:

Goalkeeper:

On of the strongest as we have 2 more than capable goalkeepers, Ryan Clarke a summer signing looks very decent and should be the number 1 choice. And on the bench we have the very experienced Billy Turley, who can easily step in and take his place.

Players to watch out for: Ryan Clarke

Player to sell: Nathan Silver

Star Youth player: Tom Draper

Defenders:

Players to watch out for: Ross Perry

Player to sell: Chris Carruthers

Star Youth player: James Dobson

Midfielders:

Players to watch out for: Dan Bulman

Player to sell: Marcus Kelly

Star Youth player: Alfie Potter

Strikers:

Players to watch out for: James Constable

Player to sell: Alex Rhodes

Star Youth player: Adam Bowerman

Recommended purchases:

Fabian Yantorno would be an excellent signing, but he won't get a WP

Alexis Nikolas

Jason Talbot

Christian Gyan

Liam Robinson

Vincent Fernandez

Robert Cavener

Maxime Chanot

Josh King

Willy Topp

Ibrahim Sissoko

Levi Porter

Danny Whittaker

Guillem Bauza

Izzy Iriekpen

Thomas Butler

Conclusion:

I will add more info asap!

Oxford United Records!

To keep track of who does the best managing Oxford.

Suggestions for catagories welcome. Screen shots needed for proof!

Quickest taking Oxford to the Premiership =

Highest capacity for Kassam Stadium = Standard Liege! - 12,243 v Tottenham FA Cup 3rd Round. oxfordvspurs.png

Record price for a player brought =

Record price for a player sold = Standard Liege! -6k Chris Carruthers to Kettering. oxfordhighesttransfer.png

Biggest derby victory over Swindon =

I signed Gyan and Santa Cruz on loan from Blackburn (not Roque lol). After a decent start I couldnt win away for love nor money despite hammering teams at home. Santa Cruz loan finished and things didnt get any better so i resigned and got offered the job at Hereford!

Yeah haven't really bothered with the demo barring a few friendlys and seeing what players I can get in. Waiting for the full game and then will be updating regularly. Last year took oxford to the prem with many norwegian dutch and danish players joining through the leagues and one player I signed in the conference staying til I was in the prem and a player I signed for 40k in League 2 becoming one of the worlds best:D.

Yeah haven't really bothered with the demo barring a few friendlys and seeing what players I can get in. Waiting for the full game and then will be updating regularly. Last year took oxford to the prem with many norwegian dutch and danish players joining through the leagues and one player I signed in the conference staying til I was in the prem and a player I signed for 40k in League 2 becoming one of the worlds best:D.

Ahh fair enough, you should try and beat my attendance record! :D ahh sounds awesome, hopefully you can repeat it!

• 2 weeks later...

Im 20 points clear and about to win the Conference in first season. Got to FA Cup fith round and im in the FA trophie semi and should be big favourite to win that.

Constable has scored 43 goals in 37 games and has played pretty much every minute of every game.....rested him once I think and subbed him at half time twice.....hes a monster.

Midson, Clist, Deering, chapman are all useful in midfield.

Ross Perry who is on loan from Rangers at start of game is a quality centre back and I have signed him on Bosman so he will be back with me in July. Creighton has had a great year for me at centre back - as has Luke Foster who has mainly been a sub.

I am very happy with my signings who are.....

Maxime Chanot on a free...... quality young defender

Carl Magnay from Chelsea for 5k...... quality young centre Back

Donal McDermott from Man City for 10k.... proper left winger who is much better than this level

Christian Gyan on free... experianced international...defensive mid and defense right

Pactric Suffo... experianced striker..not the quickest but he scores easy chances which is a good thing in this league.

All in all Oxford are very strong on this version...I would be astonished if you didnt win the league with them....they are the best squad in the division by a mile and have decent depth and good young players

Well done mate, your doing great :thup: Who knoecked you out of the FA Cup?

Constable is a machine at this level, and has always done great. How many goals has Midson got?

Yeah also gonna try to sign Perry on a permanent deal, what about Kinniburgh? You used Creighton over Foster? :confused:

Signings look pretty decent, how did you affored those players? Did you sell anyone?

Best of luck mate :thup:

Well done mate, your doing great :thup: Who knoecked you out of the FA Cup?

Constable is a machine at this level, and has always done great. How many goals has Midson got?

Yeah also gonna try to sign Perry on a permanent deal, what about Kinniburgh? You used Creighton over Foster? :confused:

Signings look pretty decent, how did you affored those players? Did you sell anyone?

Best of luck mate :thup:

QPR knocked me out of FA Cup after replay - nearly beat them as they had a man sent off - beat Gillingham in thrid round

Midson scored three - played on right wing. He got 11 assists, 3 MOM and rated 7.07 for the season....definately one of my best players.

I definately think Creighton is better than Foster in the first year - made no mistakes and chipped in with a few goals. Creighton played 47, scored 3, 3 assists, 7 MOM awards and 7.38 average rating. Foster played very well when I did play him though. Foster played 11, scored 0, 2 assists and 4 MOM awards - average rating was 7.22

I cancelled Kinniburghs loan fairly early on to ease my wage bill- didnt feel I needed him.

I had no transfer budget at start but was given 20k after the cup run.

2 Young players at the club I would recommend are Dobson- who did very well for me at left back in the games I played him in. Sandwich was my full time left back. Also Adam Bowerman looks a decent prospect- I have given him a few run outs and he did ok - coaches seem to rate him.

The 'MUST BUYS' IMO are Maxime Chanot and Carl Magnay - both young and look to be future stars in the making. Chanot is on a free and Magnay can be bought from Chelsea for under 5k

Finished my season - won the conference with 6 games to go - this also included a league record 30 game unbeaten sequence.

Won the Blue Square cup beating Cambridge in Final

Won 5 manager of the month awards and Manager of the year

Constable was Player of the year and Top scorer by a mile

Blue Score Team of the year included Murray(who was mainly a sub), Clist, Constable, Creighton, Chapman(who appears to be the real deal) and Midson.

About to start preseason in League 2. So far I have signed Sibierski(former Man City)on a free - hes old but stats are great and my scout(the legend Malcom Shotton) thinks hes well worth a one year deal.

The hunt is now on for a striker to play with Constable.

My board have suprisingly allowed me to have 8 coaches this year so I have just signed 6 unknown young coaches who have some great stats so my training is now all 3 1/2 - 4 stars. The last time I was Oxford in FM08 I was in the premiership and still was only allowed 3 coaches lol.

im 4 seasons in, i won conference and i think it was the FAT trophy, i then won league 2, came second in league 1 getting automatic promotion on the last day, im now 7th in championship after 1 game. my biggest signing is ledley king who was transfer listed and is amazing. other good singings include haris vukic, agyei, nikao, jeremy helan from man city. in 1st season i signed rafael rebelo who bagged more than a goal a game.

in league 1 i had a regen that i got in league 2, i sold him for 16.75 mil to lyon, he was scoring more than a goal a game and i signed him on a free

oh i didn't use constable really, made a variety of free signings

first season: willy topp, luke freeman on loan, chanot, gyan, sissoko, robinson, mtandari, mozika, abbey, sala, bridges, and ashley sammons on loan.

Basically a new team haha, later sold mtandari and topp for 575k and 350k respectively, board accepted on my behalf which was a bit gay since topp was on fire.

second season i signed ross perry, carl magnay, sammons, mark anderson(regen), lloyd dyer, ivan campo, corry evans, ben amos, emmanuel frimpong, and gokhan tore.

sala got sold for 525k thanks to the board, and frimpong for a healthy 1.2 mil.

after 38 games in league 2, i am 5 off lead in 3rd, with a game in hand, so pretty happy with that

oh i didn't use constable really, made a variety of free signings

first season: willy topp, luke freeman on loan, chanot, gyan, sissoko, robinson, mtandari, mozika, abbey, sala, bridges, and ashley sammons on loan.

Basically a new team haha, later sold mtandari and topp for 575k and 350k respectively, board accepted on my behalf which was a bit gay since topp was on fire.

second season i signed ross perry, carl magnay, sammons, mark anderson(regen), lloyd dyer, ivan campo, corry evans, ben amos, emmanuel frimpong, and gokhan tore.

sala got sold for 525k thanks to the board, and frimpong for a healthy 1.2 mil.

after 38 games in league 2, i am 5 off lead in 3rd, with a game in hand, so pretty happy with that

katsy^^^, im now halfway through championship and i just signed this amazing 14 yr old regen called RONALDINHO hahah, anyways i coming 3rd and its been 25 games

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived