FM 2009: Philips Sport Vereniging : PSV : kampioenen van Nederland.

tameeris

PSV Eindhoven

psv-logo.gif

Full Name:Philips Sport Vereniging

Known as: PSV or PSV Eindhoven.

Nicknames: Boeren (farmers) and Rood-witten (the red-white)

The Challenge:

PSV is one of the top clubs in the Netherlands, and has been in recent years the best of the Dutch clubs. PSV are having a difficult season, the question is can you do better?

Finances:

First season might be a bit hard, the team needs a bit of improvement and it might be hard to balance out the wages.

You will be given about 3M€ for transfers and your wage budget is just under the limit, this might make it hard to bring in new players.

You can however ask for more transfer funds and you will get about 8M€.

The Squad:

The keepers- Isaksson, Roorda and Zoet. Definitely an area needing of improvement but Isaksson will do fine for the first season.

Fullbacks- Krompkamp, Zonneveld and Pieters. There aren't a lot of natural fullbacks, but most of your defenders are versatile. Might need an extra right back.

Central Defenders- A strong point of the team, Rodriguez, Salcido, Brechet and Marcellis all look very good.

Wingers- Afellay, Amrabat Dzsidzsak and Bakkal are versatile players, which can play all over. I would suggest getting a extra winger seeing as Afellay is better in the middle

Centre Midfielders- Simons, Mendez, Culina, Nijland, Afellay and Toivonen. Depending on your tactic might need more players, if you only play with one DMC I would suggest getting rid of Culina. Nijland doesn't look very good so if you play with MC or AMC might consider playing Toivonen as a midfielder.

Strikers- Tovionen, Kovermans and Lazovic. Kovermans looks the best out of the three, will probably need an extra striker.

Recommend XI:

GK: Issakson

RB: Kromkamp

LB: Zonneveld

CB: Rodriguez

CB: Salcido

DMC: Simmons

MC: Mendez

MC: Afellay

AML: Dzsudzsak

AMR: Amrabat

ST: Koevermans

Recommend buys/sells:

First off I would recommend asking the board of more transfer funds. I asked right from the start and got an extra 5M€.

Buys:

Fullback- Marcos (RB) from Standard, will cost about 1M€

Centre Midfield- Abou Trika will cost around 3M€

Strikers- Hesselink will cost around 4M€

Sells:

Culina can get about 500mil€ for him and will cut off 15mil/weak.

Lazovic can get abou 3M€ for him

Can you lead PSV to success?

Just finished my pre-season.

Here are my transfer moves.

trans.th.jpg

I'm still trying to sell Culina but he just refuses to leave.

I think the team is ok, could be better but I don't have enough funds to make the team better.

Some more background information would be nice.

Don't know a lot about PSV, but I always have a blast with them on FM :) But I'll add more info with this save ;)

I'm hitting December now the team is doing quite well, first place in the league.

I stated the game in a 4-3-3 but I was struggling a bit so I changed my tactic to a 4-1-3-2 and my strikers are really under performing :(

Not doing very well in the CL cus of my team's initial difficulties, don't think I'll make it into the next round.

I'm looking for an extra striker but don't have any funds, maybe I could sell Koevermans and get about 1M€ (he only scored 1 goal :(). Don't know yet..

The title was a bit confusing ;)

But good thread mate :thup:

Yeah, I only realised I hadn't put PSV on the title after I did the thread lol

Yes do that and go for Paloschi and Laurito. :cool:

Laurito is awesome! I normally tend to sign him :)

Just ended the season and I finished third :(

I did however win the cup and got to the quarter-finals of the UEFA cup and that was enough for me to get a new deal :o

Already sold Nijland for 1M€, Appiah for 1M€ and Toivanen for 4M€. Got Laurito for 1M€ and a regan striker

psv.th.jpg

Still a lot of players to kill and or sell :p

He's entirely random on each save; sometimes he looks good othertimes he looks awful. :D

I think it was on 08 that I also saw he was good as a keeper next save I did I went to bid form him and he was a winger :confused:

These are my transfer movements until now.

psv.th.jpg

The board accepted an 11M€ offer for Amrabat :thdn: Might need a new winger, but I'm going to try and renew his contract to see if he'll stay :)

Plus Mercellis, Afellay and Dzsudzsak want to leave :thdn:

Also I accepted a 2M€ offer for Beto seeing as I have Foster and Cassio.

EDIT: accepted an offer of 6M€ for Dzsudzsak. So I'm looking for a winger, going to try to get Helder Barbosa

This is my current team:

psv2.th.jpg

Team looks a lot better this season IMO.

Don't think I'll be buy more players, unless I sell somebody.

EDIT: The board accepted an offer of 15M€ for Afellay and I got Wijnaldum for 7,5M€

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm into my second season with Ajax (BOO HISS!) but i've found that Wasilewski (£160k from Anderlect I think?) has done well at CB for me. I bought Milevskyi for £11m and he's looking ok so far, I think once he has played half a season or so he'll be scoring for fun in that league. I'm trying to buy Amrabat at the moment as i'd like a young and preferably Dutch Right winger to replace Kennedy over the next few seasons, can anyone tell me if he'd be the best option or maybe Wijnaldum/anyone I haven't thought of?

Amrabat is quicker so i'm leaning towards him to be honest (I suppose I could try and buy both though!) as I don't play with an AMC, which Wijnaldum seems to be a bit more suited to. Are there any other Dutch players you recommend? I'm only regularly fielding 2 or 3 at the moment (Emmanuelson, Steke, Wielaert) andwould like to play more.

On a totally separate issue i've been watching Saviola for 18 months now and he's been playing for R.Madird reserves (Castilla) and has never been transfer listed or got fed up with this, is this normal? It seems like a 'bug' as I know Castilla play in a league rather just a reserve league, so he is, sort of, getting first team football of a kind and this seems to be stopping himfrom getting unsettled at Madrid.

Archived