FM2009: Official Sport Club Internacional - Campeão de Tudo

SportClubInternacional-1.png

Club Information

Full name: Sport Club Internacional

Nickname: Colorado or Inter

Founded: 4th April 1909

Ground: Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, Brazil (Capacity: 56,000)

Chairman: Vitório Piffero

Manager:

Major Rivals: Grêmio

Minor Rivals: Juventude

Affiliates: Náutico, São Carlos, São José (RS)

Club Legends: Dunga, Elías Figueroa, Falcão, Taffarel, Fernandão

Clubs Icons: Lúcio, Valdomiro, Tinga

Favoured Personnel: Abel Carlos da Silva Braga, Paulo César Carpegiani, Rafael Sóbis, Clemer, Paulo Paixao, Carlos Gamarra, Daniel Carvalho, Mauro Galvão, Wason Rentería, Muricy Ramalho, Pato, Caçapava, Renan, Fábio Rochemback, Chiquinho

Media Prediction: 9th

Club Captain: -

Club Vice-Captain: Magrão

Kits.png

Club Finances

Estimated Value: £22M (Loan Debt: £6.25M)

Balance: £5.4M

[b][u]Start of Season Expectations[/b][/u]

Top Half Finish:                 Transfer Budget: £220K          Wage Budget: £235/week
Continental Qualification:       Transfer Budget: £250K          Wage Budget: £250/week
Title Challenge:                 Transfer Budget: £275K          Wage Budget: £250/week
Winner:                          Transfer Budget: £300K          Wage Budget: £275/week

History

The roots of Sport Club Internacional can be traced to three members of the Poppe family, Henrique, José and Luis. They came from São Paulo to Porto Alegre in 1908 and opened a shop in the city. The Poppes had trouble being accepted in the city clubs. In their twenties, they wanted to play sports, especially football. But Grêmio - the traditional rivals, which had existed for six years - closed their doors to them. The excuse was always the same: newly-arrived, not well known people. The Poppes then decided to create their own club. On 04 April 1909, Sport Club Internacional, the Club of the People of Rio Grande do Sul, was officially founded.

The end of the Forties marked the beginning of an era of growth for Internacional. The club restored the Eucaliptos, their old stadium, to host two matches of the FIFA World Cup in 1950 - Mexico vs Yugoslavia and Mexico vs Switzerland. On the pitch, Inter kept developing great players and provided most of the squad for the national team that won the 1956 Pan-American Games in Mexico.

Rio Grande do Sul football had now become the focus of attention. The green-and-white Inter played their first match on 01 March 1956, when they beat Chile 2-1. In the game against Costa Rica, up to then the surprise team of the competition, Inter demolished their opponents 7-1, with goals scored by Larry (3), Chinesinho (3) and Bodinho.

The final was played against Argentina. A 2-2 draw meant the title of the Pan-American Games Mexico 1956 for Teté's men on an unbeaten run. Back in Brazil, the players were visited in Rio de Janeiro by the Vice President of the Republic, Mr João Goulart, and went to the Catete Palace to receive the trophy from the hands of the President of the Republic, Mr Juscelino Kubitschek. Besides gold medals, the team also won other awards, but most importantly Brazil saw it could rely on Inter for any challenge.

In the Sixties, the Eucaliptos was becoming small for Inter´s large fan base. It was necessary to build a new stadium. Supporters mobilised and help build the Beira-Rio by donating bricks, iron bars, and cement. Ten years of work elapsed until the new Colorado home was inaugurated on 06 April 1969. The ground's magnitude was reflected in its name: Gigante da Beira-Rio (literally the "Giant on the River Banks" in Portuguese).

Perhaps no other time is remembered with more affection by the Internacional supporters than the victorious era of the Seventies. It was a decade where Inter dominated, showing that it was the biggest club in not only Rio Grande do Sul, but Brazil. The new Beira-Rio stadium met the expectations of the fanatic crowd and was the stage of some of the best years in Internacional's history. In 1975, after a thrilling victory against Cruzeiro, at Beira-Rio, the Colorado´s secured the Brazilian championship title. The only goal of the match was scored by Chilean star defender Elías Figueroa. The first golden star was now on the chest of every Colorado.

In 1976, Internacional kept the victorious squad from the previous year and arrived at the top of Brazilian football for the second time. They won the title over Corinthians by winning the final match 2-0. Valdomiro was the man of the match and scored the decisive goal. The campaign in 1976 was remarkable, as in 23 matches for the Brazilian Championship, Rubens Minelli's men won 19, drew one and lost just three.

The end of the decade was crowned with yet another great victory. Inter won their third Brazilian title in 1979 after beating Vasco da Gama 2-1. With 16 wins, the team did not suffer a single defeat during the championship, a deed yet unmatched by any other club in Brazil. The third star was in place, bright and proud, over the club's emblem.

Sport Club International has one of the best structures for the development of Brazilian footballing talents. It offers a complete infrastructure for the development of soccer players ranging from 7 to 20 years old. Today it has around 1,120 boys in training, 320 of them engaged in championship teams and the other playing soccer for pleasure. The club offers those boys coaches, physiotherapists, psychologists, social assistants, doctors, nutritionists and dental care.

Having invested a lot into its youth set up, Inter has developed an overwhelming number of top players in almost 100 years. Some of the greatest soccer players on earth started their careers at sport Club International, such as the midfielder Paulo Roberto Falcão, who played in the World Cup of 1982; the goalkeeper Taffarel, Brazilian World Cup winner in 1994; defender Lúcio, Brazilian World Cup winner in 2002, midfielder Dunga, Brazilian World Cup winner in 1994, midfielder Fábio Rochemback, who now plays at Sporting Lisbon, defender Aloísio, who was a championship winning player at Porto, from Portugal in the 90´s; midfielder Batista, who played in the 1982 World Cup, besides other talented players like Daniel Carvalho, Luiz Adriano, Rafael Sobis, Alexandre Pato and Nilmar. A real factory of aces.

Achievements

International Honours

- FIFA Club World Cup: 2006

- Copa Libertadores: 2006

- Copa Sudamericana: 2008

- Recopa Sudamericana: 2007

National Honours

- Flag of Brazil Brazilian Championship: 1975, 1976, 1979

- Flag of Brazil Brazilian Cup: 1992

- Flag of Rio Grande do Sul State Championship (Campeonato Gaúcho) (38 times): 1927, 1934, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1961, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008

Other Achievements

- Once champions of Joan Gamper Trophy (Spain) in 1982.

- Once champions of Kirin Cup (Japan) in 1984.

- Once champions of Dubai Cup (United Arab Emirates) in 2008

- Once champions of Eurovoetbal (Netherlands) in 2006.

- Once champions of Campeonato Brasileiro Sub-20 in 2006.

- Nike Cup (Under-15 World Championship) champions in 2000.

- Four-times Brazilian Under-20 champions at Copa São Paulo de Juniores, in 1974, 1978, 1980 and 1998.

- Three-times champion of Copa Macaé de Juvenis: 2000, 2001 and 2005.

- Seven-times champion of Copa Santiago de Futebol Juvenil: 1990, 1992, 1993, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007

- Twice champions of Copa 2 de Julho: 2007 and 2008.

- Once champions of Porto Seguro Cup: 2008

Internacional First Team

GK: Agenor, Michel Alves
CB: Álvaro, Bolívar, Danny Morais, Índio, Sorondo, Marcão
RB: [b]Bolívar[/b]
LB: Kléber, [b]Marcão[/b]
DM: Glaydson, Magrão, [b]Guiñazu[/b]
MC: Guiñazu, [b]Magrão,[/b] [b]Glaydson[/b]
MR: [b]D'Alessandro,[/b] [b]Giuliano,[/b] [b]Rosinei[/b]
ML: [b]D'Alessandro,[/b] [b]Giuliano,[/b] [b]Alex,[/b] [b]Gill[/b]
AM: Andrezinho, D'Alessandro, Giuliano, Marinho, Rosinei, Alex, Gill, Taison, [b]Walter[/b]
ST: Alecsandro, Luiz Carlos, Nilmar, Walter

[i]Note; Players in bold denotes a position that player can cover as-well[/i]

Key Player

Andrés D'Alessandro

DAlessandro.jpg

Promising Players

Walter Sandro Tales Guiliano

----

If you wish to read the full history of Internacional then please go to the following link; Click

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formation Analysis

Starting Formation

StartingFormation.jpg

Note; I’m not recommending this formation I’m simply stating what the default formation. This is based on the original default players that start at the club. No additional signings have been taken into account.

As you can see a 5-3-2 system is being used when you start at Internacional.

This formation is reliant on wing backs that go up and down the pitch providing the team with width. The two CM’s act as supporting player makers for the front two, while the defensive midfielder is there to mop up and help out the three centre backs with any counter attacks which may occur.

The main problems with this formation are it is extremely attack minded and can be exploited if the opposition uses plenty of width or floods the midfield/attack. The lack of defensive structure could become a big problem for your side as-well. I also believe that in this formation you don’t get the best out of your squad in terms of attacking minded players. The benefit is an attacking formation which should provide plenty of excitement however I wouldn’t recommend it to players who are not costumed to the Brazilian way or style.

Possible Formation's

4-4-2

442.jpg

4-2-2-2

4222.jpg

4-3-3

433.jpg

What leagues do you reccomend loading HoPeY?

Just about to start my save, personally I'm looking at loading Brazil and Argentina in full and then loading the rest of the South American countries on just the first division for each country. I'll also look to load players from Mexico, I think that’s about it for me.

Well done hopey:thup:, it is very tempting to start as them but You already have tempted me to lyon.

Haha, Lyon is a great save too. :thup:

--

Thanks guys, if Internacional isn't the save for you I still hope you will try other Brazil or South American teams as they offer plenty of enjoyment and fun. :)

Should I release all the reserve players except from the obvious one who are very talented?

Depends, you don't have much money so releasing them might not help you financially. But I plan to do a squad overall, there's quite a few gems in the reserves or under 20's. :thup:

I'm going to try and offload as many of the less talented reserve players as I can, even if it’s really cheap. :thup:

Right in my save I loaded the following leagues in full detail;

- Brazil

- Argentina

- Columbia

- Uruguay

- Peru

- Mexico

- Chile

And loaded players from Paraguay, should have loaded Portuguese and Ecuadorian thinking about it now, but it doesn’t matter.

Purefun:

Its 56K seater stadium, not the worst. ;) But no you can't expand that stadium.

Great OP mate :thup:

I've loaded all 3 Divisions from Brazil, then the top divisions from

- Argentina

- Chile

- Columbia

- Mexico

- Peru

- Uraguay

- USA

I've also loaded players from Ecuador, Paraguay & Portugal.

Hopefully this will be the new challenge i've been looking for :D

I've never managed in South America so could be interesting.

Sexy :cool::thup:

Well done hopey:thup:, it is very tempting to start as them but You already have tempted me to lyon.

whs, i've just been converted to OL myself, havn't got the time to add another save to my busy schedule. :(

Nice OP HoPeY :thup:

I managed in Brazil in FM 08, and the rules are quite interesting.

Bear in mind that at the start of the season, there is the Gaucho State Championship, which involves a lot of poor teams and one or two Brazilian giants, so you can use this as an extended pre-season, at least for the early group games.

Also the 4 foreign player rule, which means you can only have, iirc, 4 foreign players in your starting line-up/squad. Foreign players mean any players that are not from Brazil or don't have them as 2nd nationality.

I believe these rules/competitions still apply, and apologies if you've already mentioned it in the OP.

Good luck everyone! :thup:

"Campeão de Tudo" nice

Thanks.

Great OP mate

I've loaded all 3 Divisions from Brazil, then the top divisions from

- Argentina

- Chile

- Columbia

- Mexico

- Peru

- Uraguay

- USA

I've also loaded players from Ecuador, Paraguay & Portugal.

Hopefully this will be the new challenge i've been looking for

I've never managed in South America so could be interesting.

I've not managed in South America since FM07 so don't worry.

Sexy :cool:

whs, i've just been converted to OL myself, havn't got the time to add another save to my busy schedule.

Lyon is still a save I have going, not going to abandon it. I just have other interest’s as-well. ;)

Nice OP HoPeY

I managed in Brazil in FM 08, and the rules are quite interesting.

Bear in mind that at the start of the season, there is the Gaucho State Championship, which involves a lot of poor teams and one or two Brazilian giants, so you can use this as an extended pre-season, at least for the early group games.

Also the 4 foreign player rule, which means you can only have, iirc, 4 foreign players in your starting line-up/squad. Foreign players mean any players that are not from Brazil or don't have them as 2nd nationality.

I believe these rules/competitions still apply, and apologies if you've already mentioned it in the OP.

Good luck everyone! :thup:

Thanks, Gaucho Championship has been and gone when you start would have to double check. Inter only have two or three non Brazilians so that shouldn't be a worry for me. Thanks anyway.

I've released all the rubbish players who I only had to pay 5,000 or less compensation for and offered the rest out to clubs for low prices! The team doesn't look like it needs improving anywhere. That means one thing....YOUTH!

The team isn't too bad, what expectation did you give the board?

---

I think I'm going to try and implement either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-2-2. They have some fantastic talent as-well. :thup:

I've not managed in South America since FM07 so don't worry.

Glad i'm not the only novice ;)

Thanks, Gaucho Championship has been and gone when you start would have to double check. Inter only have two or three non Brazilians so that shouldn't be a worry for me. Thanks anyway.

I started in Dec 08 same as you, and you start on the 14th Jan 09 with the Gaucho State Championship which runs until 22nd March. The proper league then starts 10th May :thup:

I've started by terminating all loans. The only decent loan player they had was Bolivar (DR) but i've brought in Jonathan to replace him.

Just offloading as much deadwood as I can at the moment.

I started in Dec 08 same as you, and you start on the 14th Jan 09 with the Gaucho State Championship which runs until 22nd March. The proper league then starts 10th May :thup:

I haven't checked any of the names of the different competitions, its all Portuguese to me. ;)

I'll tell you what I did do though, I arranged two friendly’s before the Gaucho State, just so I could try some formations out and players etc. One against Tigre from Argentina and one from a lower division Brazil side.

I've started by terminating all loans. The only decent loan player they had was Bolivar (DR) but i've brought in Jonathan to replace him.

Just offloading as much deadwood as I can at the moment.

I've terminated most of the loan deals, I've kept Bolivar as he's quite useful for CB or RB. Now I'm just looking around at loan deals, GK area worries me a little and the RB spot is a concern. Otherwise the depth is quite good.

Also sorted out my coaching staff, managed to get a few six star coaches, one seven star and the rest are five star which is still good.

Until now, i've never managed outside England :thdn:

Need to spread my wings more

You sure do. If/when you have time come on down to Brazil. :cool:

II've terminated most of the loan deals, I've kept Bolivar as he's quite useful for CB or RB. Now I'm just looking around at loan deals, GK area worries me a little and the RB spot is a concern. Otherwise the depth is quite good.

For the RB spot take a look at Jonathan at Cruizero :thup:

I got him for £3.7m (after budget adjustments & outgoing transfers) and he is brilliant for a 22 year old (Brazilian also).

Also sorted out my coaching staff, managed to get a few six star coaches, one seven star and the rest are five star which is still good.

Haven't got that far yet :(

Well this is how my first game went:

Goias 0-2 Internacional

We played poor in the first half and let Goias create numerous chances. But after a change of tactics the team started to play better and Guinazu scored a well worked goal from just outside the area just before half time. In the second half we had all the possesion and created a couple of half chances. After a great spell of dominance the Goias center defender brought down Nilmar. PENALTY! Alex slotted the penalty home. At the end Gioas just hit and hope but didn't create many chances and nearly got caught out by a brilliant threw ball by Guinazu which found Nilmar whos chip only narrowly went over the cross bar.

MOTM: Guinazu

Alex is a beast, which position are you playing him? As a FC? Or AMC?

You still using your same tactic as you did for OL Spike? I've roughly worked out a 4-1-3-2 formation which I'm hoping to use, or I might make a 4-3-3. I played my two friendly games, drew 2-2 with Tigres and won the other 3-0. So far Nilmar and Alex have been ace.

Doubt I’m going to make any moves in the market, can’t really shift many players everyone just wants loans, but I wanted a challenge so I’m happy with my squad.

Alex is a beast, which position are you playing him? As a FC? Or AMC?

You still using your same tactic as you did for OL Spike? I've roughly worked out a 4-1-3-2 formation which I'm hoping to use, or I might make a 4-3-3. I played my two friendly games, drew 2-2 with Tigres and won the other 3-0. So far Nilmar and Alex have been ace.

Doubt I’m going to make any moves in the market, can’t really shift many players everyone just wants loans, but I wanted a challenge so I’m happy with my squad.

I'm playing him up front.

Yes I am using the same tactic and it seems to be working. So far in the Gaucho State Championship i've won all 3 games, scoring 14 goals and haven't conceded yet.

My first team looks like this:

SCInternacional-2.png

Just played my first game in the Gaucho State Championship against rivals Juventude, first half was dire so I decided to re-do my tactic and go to a 4-2-2-2. Second half was much improved the game ended like this;

FirstGame.jpg

Juventude last goal was a fluke loop header from 25 yards, Agenor decided to go on a little mazy run and was beaten by a fluke. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for my first choice M.Alves to be back, so far I've had five injuries in training. So when I get some more time this evening and tomorrow I’m going to do a set of tactics which should fit my team better. Nilmar has been ace though, can’t wait for Alex to come back from injury.

Then once my team has gelled we should hit some really good form with the tactics I'm making. :cool:

I'm using a 4-3-3 tactic with a target man and very attacking based wingers. I play Alex on the left. He is awesome:D. A lot of european clubs are after him, Napoli, Udinese, Fiorentina being some of them!

EDIT: Alex has just scored a brilliant goal. He beat 4 defenders then placed the ball into the net!!!!

I'm using a 4-3-3 tactic with a target man and very attacking based wingers. I play Alex on the left. He is awesome:D. A lot of european clubs are after him, Napoli, Udinese, Fiorentina being some of them!

EDIT: Alex has just scored a brilliant goal. He beat 4 defenders then placed the ball into the net!!!!

Him and Nilmar seem to score a lot of wonder goals. Good stuff, I like the fact that so far in the Gaucho state championship the game is end to end, good attacking football and very competitive, who needs clean sheets in South America. :D

Guiliano also scored a wonder goal in our 4-2 victory over Coritiba and a well timed finish. After seeing the team preform so well so far I'm not going to buy a keeper as Agenor has been brilliant and right back Bolivar has been very solid. Also bad news: Atlanta, Benfica and CSKA Moscow have joined the race to buy Alex :(

"Who needs clean sheets in south america"

I don't believe you said that HoPeY. Haven't your Lyon team not conceded in something like 15 games:D

"Who needs clean sheets in south america"

I don't believe you said that HoPeY. Haven't your Lyon team not conceded in something like 15 games:D

I'm in South America to add to my managerial repertoire, clean sheets are less important here.

The fans want to see good games, I'm not in a position to challenge the lead I don't think so clean sheets are my top priority. The main goal for this season is to establish a foundation and progress for there. The foundation will be built on flair and attacking play.

Me ;)

So far in 4 games we've scored 17 and only conceded 1 :cool:

You have had a fair amount of money to improve, I don't. Fundamental difference. :thup:

hugok.jpg

This lad can be bought for 1k, I know he is not wicked but he does have some potential and can improve alot. I think he is a great buy for any Brazilian team at any level. I bought him for Crewe for 8k and sold him for £2.5 million, if he plays his stat improve quite alot.

Archived