MUFC and the amsterdam tournament

Just started new season and I am playing as Man Utd. Part of my pre season was the amsterdam tournament. Don't know if this would be classed as bug but Man Utd will never play the tournament again. Ferguson said so himself the last time we played, as rooney missed start of season due to a stupid ban the FA upheld.

Amsterdam Tournament is hard coded in, just not under that name (Licensing).

And whilst Ferguson might have decided that he would never allow Man United to play in the tourney again, he's not the manager of Man United in the OP's game. And it would be a bit unfair to hard code it so that Ajax never invite Man United, when there's probably plenty of managers who would like to play in the tourney.

Also, as I recall, in a friendly tournament, sanctions that are carried over into the league season are only able to do so because the managers agreed to those conditions. Which, if I'm right, really should be included in the game.

You just totally missed the points of the two prior replies. Are you SURE it was the Amsterdam tournament?

First of all don't shout, and yes I'm sure it was the amsterdam tournament and where did you get the impression that i missed the point of the previous 2 posts. I didn't repeat myself

I didn't mind playing the tournament, probably the highest profile tournament over the pre season.

I brought up this point because I have been playing the series since Cm2 and have noticed alot of silly flaws that shouldn't exist in a ''realistic football sim.''

Archived