[FM2016] Koki's Supranational Leagues and FIFA Club Leagues (WIP)

96870,leagues2EV4YS.png

In their endless greed and search for new ways to reap money from the beautiful game, the FIFA and the continental FAs have decided to introduce several global super leagues. From the next season on, the football year will be split into three parts: Supranational Leagues, National Team Championships and the worldwide FIFA Leagues

Download Koki FIFA World 3.9

Download Koki FIFA Nations 1.0

96871,leaguesJSGJ9.png

Why should you play this? Well the leagues are small which means that you can be in a promotion and relegation battle at the same time. It's really exciting to be playing the best teams in the world week for week, it's very competitive. Furthermore, a season requires slightly less time than with a vanilla database. The file is labelled as work in progress but it's almost finished. It runs stable and I haven't encountered any crashes. Please reply to this thread if you think some detail needs tweaking.

The three parts of the season:

I. January-May (Supranational Leagues):

In this time, the Supranational Leagues will take place. There will only be 9 league structures worldwide with 6 levels simulated in the database. I advise you to load the top 5 levels, as there are a lot of teams in the lowest tier which will slow the game significantly if loaded. Plus, if you don’t select the lowest tier, there will be promotion/relegation to/from the lowest active level. The 9 supranational league structures are:

1. Super Primera Ibérica (Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar)

2. Northern Premiership (UK, Ireland, Scandinavia)

3. Ligue Européenne (France, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg)

4. Deutsche Liga (Germany)

5. Serie Mediterranea (Italy, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel)

6. Eastern Community League (basically the scouting region “Eastern Europe”)

7. Major League Americana (North America, Central America, South America)

8. African Super League (All African Countries)

9. Asian Mega League (All Asian and Oceanian countries)

Along with the leagues, there will be the Supranational Cups for each region and the Supranational Supercups between the regional champion and the cup winner from season 2 on.

96873,leagues3PM8US.png

II. June-July (National Team Competitions):

June and July will be the months of internationals. The FIFA have introduced a worldwide league structure for national teams. The Nation Leagues will take place every two years. The World Cup will be all four years like before and the nations from the top Nations Leagues will participate. Every four years when there is no World Cup and no Nation League, the continental championships will be played. Here is a schedule:

2014: World Cup

2015: Nations League

2016: Continental Championships

2017: Nations League

2018: World Cup

III. August-December (FIFA Worldwide Leagues):

In this part of the year, the FIFA Leagues will be played. It will be a tremendous competition to decide which team is the best in the world. There will be 5 simulated levels in the game with a total of 150 playable teams. The Leagues are set up like this:

1. FIFA Gold League (10 teams)

2. FIFA Silver League (10 teams)

3. FIFA Bronze League (10 teams)

4. FIFA Red League (30 teams in 3 groups)

5. FIFA Blue League (90 teams in 9 groups)

6. FIFA White League (unplayable, it is used to handle promotions/relegations, the league will be filled with all teams of the Supranational Leagues who don’t have a place in a higher FIFA league)

Along with the leagues, there will be the FIFA Gold Cup (for level 1-3), the FIFA Purple Cup (for level 4-5) and the FIFA Supercup that will commence before the start of the second season. In addition, there will be a short knockout-cup called “9 Champions Trophy” that features the 9 winners of the supranational top level leagues from the first half of the year. As there are a lot of clubs that are playable in the Supranational Leagues but not in the FIFA leagues, I have created a FIFA White League Cup in the second half of the year so that the users don’t have to wait half a year for the next fixture and instead can increase their reputation with a successful campaign to get promoted to a simulated level of the FIFA league structure.

Technical Dates:

To set up this database, I renamed San Marino to FIFA World and moved all participating clubs there while their nationality is retained. You won’t be able to load any other country since the database uses teams from many countries. The estimated player count is at about 50,000k. This is a good compromise between an in-depth playing world and not too long processing times. My computer takes about 80 minutes to holiday through the first season. In the database there are 500 potentially playable clubs, all being available at the start of the game in the supranational leagues. Be aware that only 150 teams play in the active FIFA league structure, so keep that in mind when choosing a club as you might only have the cup competition in the second half of the year if you’re not yet promoted to the playable FIFA leagues. Of course, you can process quicker through the seasons if you only play in one competition. To make it clear: Every club that can be picked, can be promoted to an active FIFA league. There are 500 playable teams in the Supranational League structure and 150 playable + 350 unplayable teams in the FIFA league structure. All unplayable teams are eligible for promotion.

Editor’s Note:

I hope you excuse the eurocentric approach I took when creating this database. While there are only three leagues for the whole of America, Africa and Asia/ Oceania, there are six European Leagues. I know that a lot of Eastern European and Baltic countries would never want to establish a league with Russia but it was the easiest to consider the geographical position of countries when creating the leagues. The reason that there is a League with solely German teams is simply down to the fact that I am German and therefore have a certain soft-spot for the teams here and wanted to have a lot of them in the database.

I really have enjoyed playing with the database so far because you can be in the promotion and relegation battle at the same time. With only 10 teams per league, these leagues are usually very close and competitive. I also like the fact that there are more African and Asian teams in the spotlight because they have top leagues that are on par with the other leagues. In time, you should see them climbing through the FIFA leagues, which truly turns them into Club World Leagues.

Thank You:

I would like to that the SI forum’s “Editor’s Hideaway” for their help and input. Without you, I wouldn’t have known how to create this database or at least, it would have taken considerably longer. Your help is very much appreciated! :thup:

Thanks go out especially to KUBI, Barside, Carlito85, kingrobbo, dllu and Paul Harris-Grundy from the FM Society Facebook group. A very special thank you to krlenjushka whose national team file was very important for creating my file.

FAQ:

What about reserve and youth teams?

There are no specific league structures for reserve and youth teams. Some reserve teams are in the regular league system, though. I have created a youth cup with the youth teams of all 500 clubs. This is needed so that the game creates the youth teams and newgens come through. I won't be adding youth leagues because of the additional processing time which would slow down the game considerably.

How did you decide which clubs you put in which league?

I had three criteria: The reputation the team has in the editor, the current level of success and the fact that there shouldn't be too many clubs from one nation in one league.

What about the competition reputations?

The FIFA Gold League is the most important league in the world. After that come the FIFA Silver League and the top levels of the Supranational Leagues. All Supranational Leagues have about the same reputation because I don't know how the game handles dynamic league reputations and I wanted to give each league the chance to become the best league. Plus, teams from less prominent regions of the world will have a chance to become a big shot.

Will you distribute the competition badged you created?

I'm unsure about that. It was thought for personal use and thus I didn't care about copyright of graphical elements I used. I might upload them at some point.

I found some clubs that are in a league called "xxx pool". Can these teams be promoted?

No. These lower pools are remains of my editing process. At the start I wanted to add more teams but I realised that it would make the game too slow. Unfortunately I would have to put each of these clubs back to their original country manually. So I decided that I would rather concentrate the little time I have on other aspects of the database.

Changelist:

- Added the national team file.

- Added yearly eleven and manager awards to the top competitions.

- fixed promotion to the wrong leagues (= you can't get relegated from the lowest supranational league now).

Known Issues/Workarounds/I Need ideas to fix that:

- the 9 Champions Trophy starts too early, it should take place in August. I don't know how to change that now.

- Managers get sacked fairly easily as the leagues are relatively small (10 teams) and there are 2 leagues per year.

- The national team tournaments take the same stadium for almost all matches.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the download links for this database file. The changelist is in the 2nd post. I can only encourage you to play with these files. It's really nice to get to know some unknown clubs, players and managers that you would have never known if you only played with the original database.

The national team file has finally reached a state where I am confident to release it, no crashes and the competitions don't get stuck. You need to download and select both files to get national team and club competitions. The structure of the national team competitions again:

2014: World Cup

2015: Nations League

2016: Continental Championships

2017: Nations League

2018: World Cup

Amazing job, mate. You should add players awards on all competitions!

Thanks for the feedback! I added yearly Best Eleven and Manager awards to the top competitions. Will do more awards in future updates.

Shouldn't Austria & Liechtenstein be in Deutsche Liga as they speak German also more than half of Switzerland speak German

Shouldn't Austria & Liechtenstein be in Deutsche Liga as they speak German also more than half of Switzerland speak German
Yes, logically, they should be playing in the German League but since I live in germany, i wanted to have a lot of German clubs in the database so I gave them an own league. When I started this project, I did this only for myself and didn't think about releasing it.
Amazing idea and great job in updating it! Is this file is compatible with other databases? How many nations competing at the Supernational League, National Team Competitions and FIFA Worldwide Leagues?

Thank you. No, it probably isn't compatible with any other databases because you can only select one country at the start of the game if you choose this file. There are I think 224 national teams in the playable leagues and 500 clubs. Each club league has 10 teams, each nation league has 8 teams.

Archived