for those who do journeyman saves

Depends.

Personally I very rarely apply for jobs if I'm employed and I rarely resign. I usually either leave at the end of my contract if I'm bored at a club (Holiday/apply all jobs) or wait for an offer from a better club.

Journeyman is a title that could probably be applied to most, if not all, of my saves! Not through design, I just tend to have a fairly short attention span with most of my club jobs. I usually like to gain experience in several countries, building up coaching badges & reputation from nothing, before getting a job at a "big" team. Once there, I will usually spend considerably more time in the job to build a legacy of sorts. In my most recent save I actually created my own club which I placed in the Highlands League in Scotland. This was supposed to be a one club save but once I got sacked near the end of my second season, off I went again in my journeyman ways! Built up experience with Forfar and Montrose in Scotland before heading to Spain with Sevilla's B team, then to Switzerland with FC Thun and FC Basel. I'm now in France. Spent 2 years with Rennes then I got offered the Lyon job. I always have Lyon as a "favourite" team so was never going to turn them down. Now I'm there I expect I'll stay for at least 4-5 years before the journeyman itch starts up again!

As far as how I go about getting the jobs - I leave the club as and when I have reached the end of my tether! Usually it will be at the end of a season or at the end of my contract (I tend to normally sign relatively short term contracts for this reason) but sometimes frustration/boredom means I'll pull the trigger slightly earlier. Then I simply holiday and auto apply for all jobs (sometimes limited to top divisions) and attend the interviews for the jobs I like the look of. One piece of advice though is not to just take the first job you get offered - I have spent a lot of time unemployed and on holiday to wait for the right opportunities to come up!

i also created a club, Canterbury . I think the journeyman save would be best for me because i always tend to start a save and then start another one when i get bored of that team. Think i will try the short contract idea . I started out the lowest you can for a manager so will just look to build myself up before trying to get another job.

Good idea - my brother and used to always play in the same way when we were little - always start at a premier league club, always sign the same players and have the same frustrations before quitting and starting all over again! Working your way up is so much better I think. Ever since it changed from CM to FM I have adopted the start from scratch approach and I almost always get into the 2040s on a save and then I can look back on a really varied journey and career. It also means that you end up playing with regens across the board which I really enjoy the challenge of, as well as seeing where the real players end up!

yeah, i also have another save where ive simmed into the future. saving once a year. i think its in 2040 or something. I was going to upload them in case anyone wanted to start a future save but didnt really see any thread for that sort of thing

I stick around until i get the sack or i resign due to not getting anywhere.

Then i holiday and apply for all jobs, for then to continue playing when i've found a club interesting enough.

I never let a contract run out.

Although it can happen sometimes i rarely take a job at another club if i'm already under contract. I'm close to being sacked or close to resigning anyway, if that occurs.

That's pretty much how i do it.

I find that if I wait to be offered an interview, it's a long wait as noting ever appears. But if I apply for a job I get a few opportunities. So I tend to apply for jobs at teams I consider to be at the next up from the one I am managing. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not!

I actually started a new game off unemployed. Something I haven't done for a long time. I gave myself a moderate background. Ex pro, but not to any great level and a few offers for interviews came to me. But none of the teams interested me really. They were mainly League 1 English clubs. So I decided to stay unemployed and apply for a 'Big' job, not expecting to get it though. When the Lokomotiv Moscow job came up I thought they would laugh off my interest. But they said they were flattered and I landed it. I think I will stay there for 3 seasons then look to move on to a team in another country by actively applying for jobs in my 3 season. Providing I'm not sacked beforehand!

Archived