Lower league superstars?

It's possible, although I don't know if there are real players who could do it in the current database.

I remember on FM 12 I signed a 16yo AMC in League 2. He eventually lead the team to several PL and CL titles and went on to become the best goalscorer in Northern Ireland history and also got the highest number of caps in their history. Among other things, he lead them to Euro quarterfinals single-handedly, scoring goal a game.

I'm managing Valenciennes in France at the moment and I've taken them into Ligue 1. I don't usually bother too much about youth prospects, as I prefer to buy and sell players so my DoF deals with all the youth. Anyway he signed a regen from a lower division team and when I saw him his attributes looked pretty good, so I decided to bring him into the first team squad. His attributes just carried on getting better and better and I noticed he was labelled as the next Eric Cantona. Shortly after that Bayern Munich put a decent bid in for him, so I sold. It's too early to see how he's doing, but I imagine he'll go on to have a great career in the game!

Archived