FM16 4411 2DMC advice

Hi guys. For many years, I have been using tactics posted by other people on various forums to gain success in FM. This year I have decided enough is enough and I want to create my own tactics to bring me success.

I am playing as Dunfermline Athletic in the 4th season and im in the Scottish Premiership. I am trying to play a style that will keep me in the premiership as well as pushing for possible European qualification. Im doing ok in the league sitting 4th, but i feel my team are not scoring as many as they could. My striker only has 5 goals after 15 games, and I have recently tried changing his role to AF to see if that helps, but i am worried it will upset the balance of the team.

Here is my layout.

SK(S)

FB(A)CD(D)CD©FB(S)

DM(S)DLP(S)

WM(S) WM(A)

AP(A)

AF(A)

Counter - fluid

Retain possession

Shorter passing

Play out of defence

Work ball into box

Play narrower

Push higher up

Stay on feet

Use tighter marking.

Apparently I have 3rd best defence in the league but I can possibly do better on that front too, but my main concern is scoring goals.

Any help and advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Hey.

Interesting taktik.

Do you ever tryed

SK(S)

FB(A)CD(D)CD©FB(S)

DM(D)RMP(S)

WM(A) AP(A) WM(A)

DLF(S)

?

You stay nice in defense and if you attack you have more players upfront.

The Roaming playmaker push a bit higher up the pitch as the DLP does, the DM stay back, both WM on attack as they should score more goals - you dont need so many supports if you play a counter taktik.

The DLF holds up and bring the players in, or maybe a Complete forward/s, but i feel the AF is just too isolated in my oppinion.

And i would not start with retain possession, you want to play a faster game forward and maybe trigger the counter more often

Hey.

Interesting taktik.

Do you ever tryed

SK(S)

FB(A)CD(D)CD©FB(S)

DM(D)RMP(S)

WM(A) AP(A) WM(A)

DLF(S)

?

You stay nice in defense and if you attack you have more players upfront.

The Roaming playmaker push a bit higher up the pitch as the DLP does, the DM stay back, both WM on attack as they should score more goals - you dont need so many supports if you play a counter taktik.

The DLF holds up and bring the players in, or maybe a Complete forward/s, but i feel the AF is just too isolated in my oppinion.

And i would not start with retain possession, you want to play a faster game forward and maybe trigger the counter more often

Hey, thanks for your reply. That looks good And I will have a look to see what difference it makes. I was using a DLFs before changing, but will try this too.

I also meant to meantion that I let my ass man handle OI's.

So I have made the above changes and things are getting better. I'm looking more solid in defence and the team is creating more chances. I Ave also stopped my OI's and that has helped.

My DLF (s) is still not doing well. He keeps getting a rating of around 6.2 to 6.5. He suits the role of DLF but does not want to score. I'm going to fiddle with his PI's and see how he does.

Hey if you want a counter attacking tactic I suggest read Cleon's tips here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444680-The-Art-of-Counter-Attacking

Yea been following this thread too and has helped me develop a tactic that I use against the likes of Celtic and Rangers.

With my normal tactic, I have changed my mentality to control and and my DLF(s) to DLF(a) along with the other changes above and what a difference it is making. I mainly use it against the "weaker" teams while still using the counter one in away games.

Archived