Hi all I just wanted to post this and see what people's reactions are.

Every year on here and Vibe we anticipate a new FMH comming out and every year there are subjects labelled "What do you want in the new addition",we the fans and also the customers are always screaming out for new leagues as we have been stuck with the same leagues year after year.

But every year we are disappointed and you guys (SI) put small new features,do you guys even do your research on what the customer wants because it seems like you don't give a ****,and I know you guys are members on Vibe so surely you look at what people want?

We want something big something that makes us think "WOW"

I always see that the "piracy" card is always played I belive that to be a copy out tbh guys.

Even 1 new league would be great but in truth we will get nothing that we want you will just put on what you guys want

• SI Staff

I would very much like to add new leagues and hope that at some point in the future we are able to - however its not always a 'development' decision and there are lots of issues to be over-come when creating a game, some of them legal, some of them down to the costs of licensing and suchlike.

Its also worth realizing that while additional leagues is often raised we do also look at what people 'do' while playing the games as well as what they ask for - the VAST proportion of users only ever play in the big-5 or so leagues in the game with some leagues within the game already only garnering a very small number of users, as such it is likely that any leagues added in won't be used by more than a proportion of people whereas new features can be appreciated by everyone who plays the game.

PS - Personally I'd love to see the MLS in the game because I live in Florida, I know its not going to happen in a hurry which frustrates me as I'd love to play as Orlando City ... but hopefully one day :)

I understand that this is a complex issue with many different parts to it but when you say "the VAST proportion of users only ever play in the big-5 or so leagues in the game with some leagues within the game already only garnering a very small number of users" it makes me wonder which ones. I would say you mean Australia, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland? 3 of them were the last leagues added in. I know sales in them countries are good so somewhat support it but if your data indicates this why add them in? I cannot name as many Welsh teams as I can Ukrainian, Russian, Turkish or Argentinian teams.

When someone mentions the 'big' 5 leagues, I think England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France. The 'or so' could possibly be covered by the likes of Portugal.

Definitely not the latest additions in 2013 though of Northern Ireland, Wales and Ireland though ;). When they were the last leagues added yet data is cited as the reason more leagues haven't been added you have to question why the leagues of Wales and co were added (semi professional leagues mostly).

Honestly if new leagues where added people would play these as it is something new and different,you can't assume that if you did add new leagues that most wouldn't play these leagues.

And how do you know about the vast number playing in the top 5 leagues,is this through research or just a stab in the dark?, FMHVIBE creates SI alot of sales and is the biggest fan site for FMH and I have spoke to many people that have wanted new leagues for years yet we get nothing....

Do you communicate with your fans? I understand your a big company bit it seems you don't take what we want into consideration

• SI Staff
Do you communicate with your fans? I understand your a big company bit it seems you don't take what we want into consideration

I try and communicate with people who play the games fairly regularly and have always done so (I've been making CM/FM/FMH for nearly 20 years now which is kinda scary really ;) ) - obviously close to the release of a new product I'm fairly busy and tend to be quieter than at other times.

SEGA is quite a large corporation, but SI is not a huge studio by any means and the handheld team is actually in 'estate agent' terminology quite compact - there are a whopping 3 developers working on the product stretched across three distinct platforms (iOS, GooglePlay/Android and Amazon/Kindle).

I do try and listen to people - however that doesn't always mean I agree with what people say nor that I can simply implement everything they want either for practical reasons (resource restrictions, costs etc.) or because I don't think they'd be the best thing for the product.

I do however try and be honest and tell people where I stand and why ... and sometimes over time I can be won over and change my perspective on things, I'm not infallible.

PS - I've got a login on Vibe and do sporadically post there and know Dec fairly well, from a purely personal perspective I think the site is excellent :)

• SI Staff
Or the German national team. It is funny to have great German players om your team, without having any caps

That's down to legal issues I'm afraid and is unlikely to change for that reason - sorry, I'd have loved it to be different.

Germans are handy to have for that reason as they never come back unfit from an international break.

It has that upside, but still it is a strange experience. When buying an uncapped player who is getting his first cap at your team, you know you are on the right track with him. With German players you miss that feedback. You spot (potential) nation stars easier when looking at national squads.

Archived