Help with sub divisions

flipward

How do you make a sub division?? I thought I could do this easily but I'm having trouble. Can anyone help please? I thought the division above to sub divisions would be the parent division but its not,any help what so ever would be very welcome.

you have some basic tutorials on youtube-if you wanna make sub-divisions just choose "contains sub-divisions" instead of "single division".

Its on 13:11 minute so you can see everything

Thank u soooooooooo much my friend. U sir r a legend

you have some basic tutorials on youtube-if you wanna make sub-divisions just choose "contains sub-divisions" instead of "single division".

Its on 13:11 minute so you can see everything

Thank u soooooooooo much my friend. U sir r a legend

Thank u for the video,I've watched this before but it doesn't help with what I'm trying to do.

how can i help? try to explain

I want to make some divisions like the vanarama conference south and vanarama conference north. When I add nation rules and select the sub division tab then I move on to the next page which is page 2 of 4 it won't let me move on, the reason it won't let me move on from page 2 of 4 is because I think I need to specify a parent competition .because of this small problem I thought I would look at the vanarama north and south divisions for help, in my mind I'm thinking the parent compatition would be the division above which is vanarama conference but it's not,where it says parent competition it says vanarama conference north/south. What do I need to add to the data base before moving on to the nation rules to activate the sub divisions. Thanks buddy,it's great to get help.

So I will need to edit the parent competition into the data base to cater for the child competition?

Yes, you need an empty parent competition to put the subdivisions (with the teams in them) into. So in England there is a level 6 empty parent competition (called Conf N/S, I think) containing two subdivisions (Conf N & Conf S).

• 5 years later...

When Editing nation rules I always get hung up on the deciding how many teams to put in the Parent Competition versus the Sub-Division. I want 20 teams in each Sub-Division, so I list them in Nations rules, but I am required to have a number of teams for the Parent Competition. When I test the rules, it says that the two numbers conflict. I've tried putting 40, for the Parent Competition to include the number of teams in both Sub-Divisions, but then the editor says that there are too many games to schedule within the season winds (which is your typical season other leagues use). Help!

5 hours ago, OtriadMaille said:

When Editing nation rules I always get hung up on the deciding how many teams to put in the Parent Competition versus the Sub-Division. I want 20 teams in each Sub-Division, so I list them in Nations rules, but I am required to have a number of teams for the Parent Competition. When I test the rules, it says that the two numbers conflict. I've tried putting 40, for the Parent Competition to include the number of teams in both Sub-Divisions, but then the editor says that there are too many games to schedule within the season winds (which is your typical season other leagues use). Help!

If you want 20 in each sub division you set the parent division to 20 too. Whatever you set for the parent division acts as a high and low for each individual child division. When you set 40 the editor thinks it needs to be able to schedule for 40 teams.