The Welsh Challenge

This challenge may sound simple. All you have to do is win the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League. However, there is 1 minor thing that makes this challenge harder. That 1 thing is the fact that Cardiff and Swansea now play in the Welsh League rather than in England. So, the aim of this challenge is to win the Welsh Premier League (that now contains Cardiff and Swansea), but you can't manage Cardiff or Swansea.

Step 1) Use the FM15 editor to move Cardiff and Swansea over to the Welsh Premier League. Remember to either move 2 Welsh teams over to England or delete 2 Welsh teams and move some English teams up 1 division to fill the void left by Cardiff and Swansea leaving. Alternatively, if you're not too confident with the FM15 editor, use this editor data file that I've already made: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=519572271

Step 2) Set up your game and manager profile as normal. Making sure that you:

• Use the editor data file that moves Cardiff and Swansea to the Welsh Premier League.
  • Select Wales as a playable nation.
  • Select a team to manage in the Welsh Premier League other than Cardiff or Swansea.
  • Use the suggested previous playing experience and coaching badges.

Step 3) play as normal with the aim of winning the Welsh Premier League.

Other rules and things to note:

• You must use the suggested previous playing experience and coaching badges.
  • The only editor data file that you may use is the one where you move Cardiff and Swansea to the Welsh Premier League.
  • You cannot use the in-game editor.
  • There is no time limit on this challenge, you may take as many seasons as you need.
  • If you get sacked, you have failed the challenge.
  • Cardiff normally fail UEFA's financial fair play in the first season and therefore aren't allowed into Europe

Good luck!

To extend the challenge once it has been completed to OP's specifications would be to win the Champions League with that same Welsh club, which would obviously be a great achievement, especially considering that the Welsh only have one Champions League berth, awarded to the champion. Even then, I believe they only enter at the Second Qualifying Round.

Could be an extended requirement that you must win the domestic title the same year you accomplish the Champions victory, to ensure that a past champion couldn't just disregard the league in an attempt to throw everything at Europe.

Just an idea, but love the idea of this challenge and may do it on 16 as a side challenge as Wales is truly all the rage right now. :) I just know some folks will be able to eventually complete and may like extending the save while still having a major accomplishment to shoot for.

Best of luck to all challengers! :D

EDIT: I also rated your thread five stars, OP -- great challenge and it needs some visibility! :D

Archived