Relentless Pressure but Cant Score (PKM Included)

Ah sorry Hunt3r! Thought that would be visible in the PKM :) Ok here goes:

Formation: 4-2-3-1 Wide

Mentality: Control

Shape: Flexible

GK - Joe Hart - Sweeper Keeper - D

DR - Pablo Zabaleta, FB-S

DL - David Alaba - FB-A

DCR - Vincent Kompany, BPD-Cover

DCL - Eli Mangala, CD-D

MCR - Yaya Toure, CM-D

MCL - Koke, AP-S, PI's Tackle Harder, Close Down More

AML - David Silva or Kevin DeBruyne, W-S

AMR - Jesus Navas, W-A

AMC - Kevin DeBruyne or Samir Nasri, AM-A

ST - Sergio Aguero, Trequartista-A

TI's: Exploit Flanks, Pass Into Space, Push Higher Up

When I need a goal I normally switch to Attacking and Fluid and I follow the Assistant Manager recommendations for other TI's.

eq9ik2.png

Hard to say. Off the top of my head id say that you have two wingers and two full backs staying wide, aguero might float around and your AMC the only person in the box for crosses, which is what the wingers will give you.

Id personally change aguero to a complete forward, maybe support , and change one winger to an inside forward to add more bodies centrally.

Against smaller sides you might need to drop deeper and play wider or something to get them to come out of their low block too

Thanks - yeah breaking down teams who play deep against me (everyone) is difficult!

So consider dropping the team back.

You play so far up the field you're compressing them into a defensive shape around the box, meaning you have no space to "pass into space" or to exploit gaps, because they will be few and far between.

Dropping the team back in terms of mentality and defensive line will cause your players to be more patient and draw out the opposition allow you to exploit gaps and create chances.

As it is, your tactic is set up to be a sledgehammer that relies purely on player quality rather than tactically defeating the opposition.

^ indeed

u should watch in full match mode to truly understand your problems. the CM duo's roles are acceptable but that depends on the current situation. it is possible they cant get the ball because your opposition is pushing high or cant deliver it effectively due to your team's advanced players are pushing too far ahead n too wide

n if u need to score urgently, switching to attacking mentality isnt always a good solution. u can just drop the defensive line deeper or play more patiently or even reducing the mentality if u're facing an opponent that plays compact n deep. this way u can create more spaces inside opposition's area. that is just some examples. also look at your players attributes and PPM. what is their pros n cons. u deploy 2 wingers but u put on aguero and kevin de bruyne, both are not highly competent to receive crosses. u can use Edin Dezo who is far better than both of them. or u can change your winger's roles to suit the other players around him, or plays deep, low crosses towards the center area rather than high crosses.

also, dont trust your ass manager completely. use your own judgement is always better. our logical way of thinking is still better than FM's AI

Archived