Fm 14 Tactics

Is there any possibility of anyone showing off a tactic that will get goals while remaining strong at the back, every year its the same for me i can either remain strong at the back and concede less but games are nicked 1-0 or lost 1-0. Or i setup with an attacking tactic and score loads but my defense are so weak regularly being caught out of position and i concede just as many as i score and the only way to win is to out score my opponent this is a long term save and i have 1 trophy to my name (spanish cup, like the FA cup with less prestige!)

gNBFTtk.png

0MJcakD.png

Every season i am so close to La Liga title i can smell it but when i come up against the big teams (Barcelona, Real Madrid, and the top teams) they all decide to phone it in and not bother. In previous versions you could set a team to be more disciplined at the back while having your attacks be a lot more creative to balance the team. I dont want to play some sit at the back counter game because my players just cant do it! Every time i set up that kind of tactic it ends up the same way that they just seem to hold the ball and get tackled and i will rarely win a game. I know this is an all out attack tactic but most of the time i come up against the big sides and having a more solid defensive tactic just means i will lose by less goals than i normally would. Playing an attacking tactic is the only way i see victories but it comes at a price as defenders seem to just do what they like with the ball and normally end up giving it away to the opposition.

I'd open with 3 questions.

Can you explain your thinking behind the role choices & team instructions?

How do you expect the players to link up with each other as play unfolds?

As you see it what are the pro's & con's of the options you have chosen?

Have to agree with the previous posts, you should read the guides recommended.

You basically have a 3-0-7 Defend-Support-Attack duty split where typically you should have 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-3-4 to give balance. Your defenders have pretty much no option but to kick it long, you have 7 players who will look to make forward runs and no one to support them and link the defence to attack. How can they Retain Possession and Pass it Shorter when the rest of the team is running forward away from them?

To be honest I think any success that tactic has had is purely down to "Be More Expressive" and having better players who do what they want rather than what you've told them.

In the end i can come to one conclusion ... the tactics creator has passed me by! I have no idea what an inside forward does, or a deep lying playmaker, or a false 9 or any of the other duties! Problem is no one is publishing a guide anymore that i can pick up and read! The links that someone posted served to add to my confusion since that post went into absolutley no detail about what anything does in this game. Its the reason why i havent spent anytime with FM2015 since its just dumped a load more confusing options into it. No game guides like Prima used to produce which broke everything down quite nicely. You want to know how decided on the roles and duties for each player simple whatever had the most stars! Seemed like a good idea i have no idea what they all do but heck the stars must mean something.

Do you read the tool-tip text descriptions when considering what roles & instructions to select?

My first suggestion would be to not use any of the player or team instructions until you understand what each player role does & how different roles combine in your chosen formation. My second suggestion would be to read Lines & Diamonds, it's an excellent guide & might help you switch on to a way of thinking about tactics that will help you in FM.

thats my point is that it is not obvious what they do without having to sit there and read a tool tip! In the previous versions FM2012 and before it was obvious what it does without having to read a tool tip and now everything is so ambigous that it isnt clear unless i sit there and read the tool tips, that is my problem with the tactical creator over the last few years that it isnt obvious how to use it and there isnt a guide in printed media of a book that i can read! I believe this game has become too complicated for people who dont exactly understand how football tactics work. What happened to chalkboard and arrows where you wanted players to run into!

Unless you were using downloaded tactics or copying a known exploit tactic from a guide I do not see how you could have understood the classic slider interface if you are unable to understand the current role based interface, if anything the old system was more abstract & ambiguous than what we currently have.

Unfortunately if you're not going to at least take the time to read the descriptions given in the game you're probably not going to get much enjoyment out of FM.

thats my point is that it is not obvious what they do without having to sit there and read a tool tip! In the previous versions FM2012 and before it was obvious what it does without having to read a tool tip and now everything is so ambigous that it isnt clear unless i sit there and read the tool tips, that is my problem with the tactical creator over the last few years that it isnt obvious how to use it and there isnt a guide in printed media of a book that i can read! I believe this game has become too complicated for people who dont exactly understand how football tactics work. What happened to chalkboard and arrows where you wanted players to run into!

So you are prepared to read an entire book but are unwilling to read a tool-tip that is no more than a few lines?!

Archived