Player Logic

I'm not sure I agree with this kind of logic in the game and how realistic it is.

So, the team goes into a match and they are expected to win. Granted I'm playing a weaker team in an inconsequential match but a win is still expected. The match finishes 2-2 and I CALMLY tell everyone they should have won that.

One player comes to me saying I was too harsh on the team, I tell him I stand by my comments, he insists I'm wrong so I say I'm the boss and he should just live with it and move on.

Next thing I know the guy is seen coming out of a nightclub at 4am and missing training.

My problem with that line of events is that it feels unrealistic. I would expect him to become unresponsive to team talks and individual chats etc but not go down the deep end. Especially when he's listed as a "balanced" individual.

It becomes more weird when I fine him 2 weeks wages for missing training and he has no idea what's going on especially when he's listed as "balanced".

I might be wrong but I assume "balanced" is a good personality trait no?

I told everyone the performance was not good enough.

The player in question was actually MoM with 9.0, hadn't realised as I was too focused on the result.

He wanted credit for his performance which I always give in the post game.

In retrospect he was right, I should have acknowledged his performance but his subsequent reaction (i.e missing training, going out till 4am) seems extreme. I think him ignoring team talks or individual talks would be a better reaction, just going for broke seems dramatic.

With those players, I'll criticise the team, but then praise him as he'd been a stand-out performer.

Just remember, he isn't staying away because of your team talk. He's staying away because of your confrontation.

Even then I'm not sure the actions make sense. If he's staying because of our confrontation, surely avoiding me would make more sense. E.g instead of him missing training, just remove my ability to communicate with him for a few weeks. Because now what's happening is he's missing training over something very trivial, disrupting Squad harmony and he's getting fined thus escalating a non-event.

If he was "volatile" I would understand but "balanced" just doesn't seem fitting (I'm probably reading too much into the balanced tag.)

Media Friendly unfortunately doesn't tell us too much. Being Balanced though, his Professionalism could be 1-14, IIRC. That and your reputation (IMO) will play a big part.

Yes, I realise that now. Rather than praising MoMs through my inbox as I normally do, I guess I should do it during the team talk screen. Didn't pick up on the fact they were the same person till much later. But still, he's blowing this up unnecessarily.

It strikes me that maybe, in the chat, the player in question should have said something like, "Hey, boss, I get that the team overall underperformed, but couldn't you give me a little credit?" At which point you could say, "Hey, yeah, you're right, you did play your heart out" or, "Nope, you're part of a team, and the team underperformed." Obviously option 2 wouldn't be ideal.

I'm not sure I'd rely on the post-match presser to praise a player. Sometimes you don't even get the presser, sometimes they never bother asking you about your MOTM player.

I don't want to open up another thread but I just wanted to post a further comment that's stemmed from this

So now the player has taken to missing training because of this non-event. 4 times he's missed training and each time he's been fined 2 weeks' wages and each time he says he feels the fine is unfair...Not sure if it's him being an idiot or the game not seeing a pattern developing.

I don't want to open up another thread but I just wanted to post a further comment that's stemmed from this

So now the player has taken to missing training because of this non-event. 4 times he's missed training and each time he's been fined 2 weeks' wages and each time he says he feels the fine is unfair...Not sure if it's him being an idiot or the game not seeing a pattern developing.

Maybe a little of both I would suspect. I had this happen to me in '14, I think he was a youth player who wanted first-team football and I told him that simply wasn't happening. Transfer listed him due to him being unhappy about not playing, he got upset about that and kicked off his clubbing career. I think I actually ended up terminating his contract. He was a pretty solid prospect but it struck me that his personality was probably not ideally suited for my squad. And yeah, same thing, first time he missed training because he was basically hung over, I warned him, he thought that was harsh. After that I fined him two weeks each time, and I would have fined him more if the game had allowed it.

I'm in the #1 league Gibraltar so I might as well be playing in the league behind Conference North/South. Even as a free offer, no one wants him

Then it'll be more a case of him not being interested in moving to the other clubs in Gibraltar.

Archived