Selling Players

My current save is getting a wee bit stale. This offseason, I'm planning a major tactical overhaul to revitalize it. Unfortunately, that tactical change means players will need to change a bit. I'm going to have a few wingers to sell. That shouldn't be a problem as they're incredible players. Three of them are on the current shortlist for the World Golden Ball. Mario Gotze is a fourth, and he's scored double-digit goals with a rating of 7.3+ in each of the last four years.

Unfortunately, per the transfer status screen, none of them have drawn any interest. Certainly none have drawn a single bid over the last few years.

So the question is: how can I improve my chances of selling these players without offending them too horribly if I can't move them? In a save where players like Romelu Lukaku is moving for £91m, and Man City are spending £50m on single regens, how can I get what players like Draxler and Gotze should be worth, when they don't have any obvious suitors??

Has anything to do the reputation of the league? What I noticed: the bigger reputation the league has, the harder the player selling will be. I noticed that an Eredivisie club will sell easier a player than a Serie A club or a PL club. A championship club will attract easier suitors to a player than a PL club, that's what I've noticed.

I'm guessing their wages also may have an influence. If they're earning top dollar already, any interested club will have to at least match that for the player to be interested in a move. They just may not fit into their wage structure.

Archived