Ball Physics

Not related to the latest patch but does anyone else think the ball physics are off on slide tackles? I quite regularly see players winning slide tackles near the half way line and the ball going out for a corner. Seems to me the ball is travelling too far off slide tackles, which is weird because it doesn't off any other part of play, just this.

Not related to the latest patch but does anyone else think the ball physics are off on slide tackles? I quite regularly see players winning slide tackles near the half way line and the ball going out for a corner. Seems to me the ball is travelling too far off slide tackles, which is weird because it doesn't off any other part of play, just this.

If that's true (haven't really noticed) then it's not a ball physics problem but an issue with slide tackles themselves creating too much momentum. Ball physics in general are spot on in FM15 I think.

As far as i recall, but I could be wrong, the ME struggles with simulating some tackles so you will see sliding tackles representing other tackles as well. So what you see as a sliding tackle might actually be another form of tackle, resulting in the ball doing that.

Thats also why you see players slide tackling when there is absolutely no need.

Archived