Why am I paying out so much tax suddenly?

Hi folks

In my current save, I'm in the 2019/20 season, managing Barnet, third season in the Championship.

Up until this season, I've kept my finances really tight, making healthy profits every season. This season, I'm leaking cash, in particular to the tax man! Last season, also in the Championship, the club paid a total of £3.01 mil in Tax. I'm currently at the beginning of December and have already paid out £3.82 mil in Tax. Why the sudden massive jump? During November just gone, the clubs total income was £750,844, yet we paid out £547,718 in tax. That's over 2/3rds of the income!

If it's relevant, I'm playing in Classic mode. During the close season just gone, the club spent a good few million upgrading the youth and training facilities. Also, yesterdays update kicked in during the close season, not sure if that would affect it.

Thanks in advance for your input folks

I did make a particularly large profit last year, about £12 mil which included a big lump sum from a takeover.

So will I continue to pay out tons of tax all year because of that? And then in all likelihood, have an almost negligible tax bill the next year as I'll probably not make profit?

I did make a particularly large profit last year, about £12 mil which included a big lump sum from a takeover.

So will I continue to pay out tons of tax all year because of that? And then in all likelihood, have an almost negligible tax bill the next year as I'll probably not make profit?

of course your going to pay tax if u make 12 million profit god help me haha

Archived