Canadian clubs in MLS

I have a question - want to start an MLS save but I'm not sure how Canadian clubs are handled. Do they qualify for CONCACAF Champions league through MLS or do they qualify through Canadian league/tournament? Basically, if I manage a Canadian club and earn a qualification through MSL, to I get to play in CONCACAF CL?

• 3 weeks later...
You can qualify either way. Same as US teams - qualify through US Open Cup or through the league.

are you certain about this ? I am admittedly playing with a Premier League style version of MLS, but at least in that version this is not the case. If f.e. Toronto FC looses the Canadian CC final but finishes 2nd in MLS, they still do not qualify.

• SI Staff

Neil Brock was right, the only way for a Canadian club to qualify for the North American Champions League (as it is known in game) is through the Canadian Championship.

Canadian Clubs can not qualify through their final position in the MLS nor can they qualify through the US Open Cup as they are not allowed to participate in that competition as it is for US-based clubs only.

Archived