Totally pointless to search for young talents !!

Hi (sorry my poor english)

I think it's pointless to search for young talents in Football Manager. When you search for young talents, the point is to find a very CHEAP young talented player. But that's nearly impossible in Football Manager.

Its very hard to find a young talent and nearly impossible to buy them. Here is why;

1- first I have to use time to find the best scouts (thats fair enough)

2- I have to use many hours to find young players who might have big potentiel attributes (thats also fair enough)

3- I have to use months (maybe 3 months) to scout a player (well i have the patience)

4- After countless months, when I get the final scout report and want to buy the young prospect - the club want a crazy amount of money !!!

Every 15 year old player i want to buy, the club want about 20-60m pounds for them!!! No matter what, thats so unrealistic! A worldclass player like Fabregas or Alexis costs about 30m pound, so how in earth can a 15 year old player (with a unknown future) cost so much??? This is so unrealistic and ruins the game! Let us take a look in real life - no way will a 15 year old talent cost 20-60m pounds!

first of all, your english is fine.

Secondly, are you trying to buy from a European club? Not just a huge one like Bayern or Chelsea or w/e, but a big one in it's own league like Steaua, Basel, etc? I find that they charge way too much money for regens you can find elsewhere for cheaper. I was looking at a midfielder that was contracted to Lyon, but they wanted crazy money. Since I'm playing in Holland (and not even one of the mega clubs like PSV or Ajax) I couldn't offer crazy money, so I found a cheaper option in Cameroon, and he wasn't as good at the start, but he's been developing fantastically. I also got a Costa Rican left back for $750k, a good looking DM from Finland for sub 100k.

Have a read of the linked thread as it covers this subject.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/419953-Broken-transfer-engine

call it what you want, these cases simply don't exist irl. Everybody is for sale for the right price, and for a 15 year old in real life that price is not over £15 mill. And that is even being extremely conservative. Anyone arguing such cases to be realistic seem to be completely oblivious to the real life uncertainty surrounding a 15 year old's future ability and just how much £15 mill. Is.

As an example lionel messi (arguably the best ever footballer) in 2003 (age 15-16) was close to being released on a free due to barcelona's financial instability just so that they did not have to finance his family's stay in catalunya (http://www.givemesport.com/369519-ba...leave-for-free). Who thinks they would not have sold if a bid of £5 mill. Came in? Now, why did no teams come in then for the future best player in the world when they could snap him up for very "little"? Obviously because very few had seen him play or even knew about him and no outsiders could possibly foresee that he would reach a level even close to what he did. At the time he simply wasn't worth that kind of money.

In football manager barcelona would know his 199 pa right after the youth intake and would probably not let him go for less than his +£30 mill buy-out clause.

Edit:

Actually shaw is an interesting example for this discussion (from wikipedia):

"during the january 2012 transfer window, it was reported that premier league clubs arsenal, chelsea, and manchester city had shown interest in signing 16-year-old shaw, with the then-championship club reportedly valuing the defender at £4 million.[10] southampton quickly responded to such claims though, with then-manager nigel adkins assuring the media that "luke shaw is a big part of our future plans", and claiming that the club had "no intention ... Of letting any of [their] young players move on""

from the independent: "an asking price of £4m is extremely high for a teenager who has not even played senior football but the market value for the best young players, and in particular, the best young english players, is rising all the time." (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-6287747.html).

From that we can gather that the premier league sides were scared of by the announcement that £4 mill. Wouldn't be enough although no such bids were actually made in the first place. £4 mill. Was already considered "extremely high", so i wonder if a bid of £10 (2.5 the alleged valuation) would have been enough? It seems very unlikely that it wouldn't have been, but on a more factual note it appears that the threshold valuation scaring off potential suitors in real life was around £4mill and not +£50 mill.

It's really quite clear that there is blatant discrepancy between game and reality in this regard, but as previously stated it is sort of necessary to prevent the game from being too easy and i don't really mind it. I'm just not under the illusion that it's realistic.

Because his point is so right and striking!

The difference between RL and FM players like yourself is that you don't have the patience to chase a player for one or two seasons before finally signing him, you expect it to happen instantly.

You also expect prices to be agreed instantly with zero negotiation, the world doesn't work that way & neither does FM.

They are out there..

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27350436472354833/3AE163FEF609245F0BAC3B8D2AF2318500C4D0CE/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27350436472358397/093720F6F107C47545A5BDDA325CA0548E18F1FF/

That player cost me 2.6m and will be a world class striker in the future ........ if I ever get back to playing the save. ;)

Archived