Player power!

Can't believe it - I've been sacked when 2nd in the league, due to player power. I feel like AVB!

Managing Rangers - took over in Dec 2015 when they were struggling against relegation in the Scottish Championship, and eventually finished 5th (2 points off a play-off place), which included a 7-0 win against eventually promoted Ross County.

Come the start of the new season, I revamped the squad with a view to not just winning the division (and therefore promotion to the SPL), but also winning the Training Cup (for non-SPL sides) and possibly having a go at the league cup or the FA Cup. My new star midfielder (Ben Pearson, released from Man Utd) was sent off on his debut for 2 yellows, and was then sent off again 4 games later, again for 2 yellows. The 2nd red cost us a league cup defeat, and I fined him 1 weeks wages. The whole squad turned against me, and despite then putting together a run of 5 wins and calming a lot of them down, I was sacked, with the board citing the disharmony within the squad!

Has this happened to anyone else? Gutted!! I always start low down the leagues (started with Aguia de Maraba in Brazil's Serie C), so to get a job like Rangers, with that potential, so early on in my career was a dream. Ah well, onwards and upwards...

It does seem daft - but then it seems a bit like what happened with AVB at Chelsea, and to a lesser degree at Spurs. The thought that a load of jumped-up Scottish Championship players can wield such power over a manager who won 2 state titles, 2 consecutive promotions and 2 cups in 2 seasons in Brazil upsets me though!

Just taken a job with MVV Maastricht in Holland, so I hope to move up through the leagues, and beat the crap out of Rangers in the Champions League in a few years!

• 2 weeks later...

i keep getting de bruyne chatting rubbish to me everytime i sell a youngster whos got potential but not better than the other youngsters i have Which is a joke coz i don't remember anyone chatting rubbish when sir alex let pogba leave on a free....

I recommend reading Jim Bouton's Ball Four. He's got a bit where he talks about the heirarchy of a baseball team. It goes something like: Owner, Star, General Manager (Director of Football), Manager, Regular Player, Coach, Whale Vomit, Bit-Part Player.

Zitz 'em and let's go pound some Budweiser!

Archived