A couple of problems

I've just got FM 2015 and I've just got a few Problems.

1. Player prices, I can't buy anybody good. Everyone is massively over priced, I went as Chelsea as my first try and every player I offered for they wanted

obscene amounts for them, Pogba £240M, Godin £177M and Wanyama £88M now there is no way these players should cost that much and I tried negotiating but get told if I don't pay that amount then Its a no. But no one will pay more than face value for my players.

2. Player wages, I managed to get an offer accepted for Van der wiel but when It came to his contract my board refused to let me offer more than £15k a

week because he would be a back up player. He wanted £60k and I was happy to give him that but had to pass him off because of my board, Same with Phil

Jones I had to give him a first team spot because my board wouldn't allow his wages if he was a back up. Can I get around this?

3. Scouting, How do you scout someone's overall? My scouts bring back a player they reckon is 4 stars but then I buy them and they are 1

star and useless so how can I trust my scouts If they are completely wrong?

4. Boosts from the store, I noticed you could unlock extras in the store by completing stuff like get a player to win player of the year. I did this with hazard

but how do I know If this has unlocked or not as I didn't get a notification.

Any other tips you can give me I would be very grateful for.

Thanks

1. Teams don't want to let their best players go. I haven't played with big teams so I've never tried signing great players but if I was Juventus, I wouldn't sell Pogba either.

2. Yeah, that can suck sometimes, but I think it's specific to certain boards/chaimen. I mean, not every club would be so strict and perhaps you could move the slider and get some extra wages in your budget that would make a difference.

3. Stars are opinions. When you sign a player, their star rating on your squad page is the assistant manager's opinion. So you can take a look at your scouts' and assitant manager's JPA and JPP stats and see if they are radically different. Ultimately, neither your scouts nor ass man are going to be right all of the time, that's how it should be.

4. Never played FMC, but unlockables are only available in FMC (sounds like you are playing full FM).

I get teams not wanting to sell their best players but when a team like Southampton ask for £88M for Wanyama who is valued at £9M It is a bit OTT then you see the AI teams signing players on the cheap like Khedira, I offered £26M for him as Chelsea but was told no less than £92M but then a week later Arsenal sign him for £21M Is It just a bias against human controlled teams or what?

I get teams not wanting to sell their best players but when a team like Southampton ask for £88M for Wanyama who is valued at £9M It is a bit OTT then you see the AI teams signing players on the cheap like Khedira, I offered £26M for him as Chelsea but was told no less than £92M but then a week later Arsenal sign him for £21M Is It just a bias against human controlled teams or what?
The prices being OTT is exactly the point. They're politely telling you to go away.

A week is a long time. You might have unsettled the player with your offer, so eventually Real realise that they need to sell. Had you followed up, you'd have been able to buy him for cheap as well.

4. Boosts from the store, I noticed you could unlock extras in the store by completing stuff like get a player to win player of the year. I did this with hazard

but how do I know If this has unlocked or not as I didn't get a notification.

You will receive a unlock achievement message from steam if you managed to do so. Or you can just check the achievements that you unlocked using steam.

You are able to buy every player you want, but only at the right moments. It's not: "I want the player now, I buy the player now". You have to put some effort in it. Keep stalking them and eventually you will get the players for the right price (or even a cheap price).

You can offer players a larger wage if you change their status to a more important one.

Archived