Interacting with players

Is it impossible to have a conversation with a player to sort any issues out now?

For instance, a month ago a player came to ask to speak to me and I knew he was going to ask for first team football. Anyway, I declined because I was going to start playing him anyway and then it all kicked off in the press saying "players angry at refusal to play x", "player x looking to force a move away" and now there is no option to speak to him, or any of the players who is supposedly angry. Surely if there is a major issue I should be able to actually talk to and sort things out with the players involved? Yet when i go to interaction all I see is 'conversations' with no options to open any sort of dialogue.

Is it impossible to have a conversation with a player to sort any issues out now?

For instance, a month ago a player came to ask to speak to me and I knew he was going to ask for first team football. Anyway, I declined because I was going to start playing him anyway and then it all kicked off in the press saying "players angry at refusal to play x", "player x looking to force a move away" and now there is no option to speak to him, or any of the players who is supposedly angry. Surely if there is a major issue I should be able to actually talk to and sort things out with the players involved? Yet when i go to interaction all I see is 'conversations' with no options to open any sort of dialogue.

Don't decline it because you're going to give him football. Tell him this and it will create a promise. So if you play him, he'll be happy. Job done. Player interactions can be annoying in this game but SI have definitely stepped up the player happiness. I've noticed player's can get happy if they got to wear the captain armband for one game.

Archived