New feature to discover players ideas

In real life, we hear about players and wonderkids through things like social media and papers.

Neymar was a youtube sensation before barca signed him. I would not of heard off will Hughes, delle Ali etc if it wasn't for pages like sports bible.

It would be nice to have some relation to that in the game. Will Hughes for example, I'm sure all the top clubs in England at least are keeping tabs on his development, but in the game, he may not turn up in a scouting report, now I know scouts attributes go some way to determining who turns up in reports, but in real life you would have to be hiding under a rock not to know about will Hughes.

I'm just using will Hughes as an example, but it would be cool to have an occasional news item pop up saying something along the lines as "player x has been going viral after his goal against team Y" and then we could scout him.

Who is Will Hughes? I dont follow English Football :)

I agree with your suggestion though, would be nice to see things like that

Will hughes is a young midfielder that should have a bright future, he was simply an example.

haha thank you. For example in say 10 years in game time, there will be a new wonderkid that every football fan knows about, yet you may not because your scouts havnt noticed him, where as in real life the media would bring him to your attention.

If you think Neymar was signed because of a few compilation videos on youtube, think again.
you are missing the point.......

Neymar came to everyone's attention before barca signed him, because of YouTube, I never said he was signed because of YouTube.

But in your haste to attack you do validate my idea, if barca had signed him out the blue then that would be like the game is now, you would put it down to their scouts discovering him. In real life he was on YouTube in its early days as a youngster, I'm not saying barca's scouts didn't know about him before then, but his profile became worldwide early because of youtube, before he signed for barca

I hate those compilation video things, anyone can look world class if you snip together a 5 minute video from a whole season of matches. The ones where you see every touch/incident they had in a full match tells you much more but this is scouting territory...

I hate those compilation video things, anyone can look world class if you snip together a 5 minute video from a whole season of matches. The ones where you see every touch/incident they had in a full match tells you much more but this is scouting territory...

I agree, a compilation video can flatter anyone, but it would be nice for the game to give us a news article once every few months of a player our scouts have yet to discover that has come to prominance in the football world, who then we can scout in more depth, right now our knowledge of the football database on fm is either scouts or manually searching, or team of week type things, in real life certain players are bought to our attention though other sources.

I agree, a compilation video can flatter anyone, but it would be nice for the game to give us a news article once every few months of a player our scouts have yet to discover that has come to prominance in the football world, who then we can scout in more depth, right now our knowledge of the football database on fm is either scouts or manually searching, or team of week type things, in real life certain players are bought to our attention though other sources.

It does happen in the game though, if you pay attention to media section etc. I've discovered lots of players by following up on good performance reports, newspaper reports etc.

Archived