Fm15 - attacking 4-2-3-1 wide gegenpressing

Hi guys, just uploaded the following tactic to the Steam Workshop for you to check out / improve!

I've been reading about gegenpressing & this is my attempt at that high defensive line, high pressing tactic.

Mentality - Attacking

Team Shape - Highly Structured

Team Instructions:

*More Direct Passing

*Shoot On Sight

*Play Narrower

*Be More Expressive

*Roam From Positions

*Much Higher Defensive Line

*Lower Tempo

*Close Down Much More

So far, working pretty well with Portsmouth in League Two however I've found that my team may score a few goals but I'm also conceded a few aswell, kinda like a Kevin Keegan tactic (gonna score more than the other team).

The roles & individual player instructions are as follows:

GK - Defend - Pass it Shorter

DR - Wing Back - Attack - Run Wide With Ball - Stay Wider

DCR - Defend

DCL - Defend

DL - Wing Back - Attack - Run Wide With Ball - Stay Wider

MCR - Advanced Playmaker - Support

MCL - Ball Winning Midfielder

AMR - Raumdeuter - Close Down More

AMC - Attacking Midfielder - Attack

AML - Winger - Support

STC - Defensive Forward - Defend

You could probably switch the Raumdeuter to either AMR or AML depending on which is your strongest side / best player to fit that role.

Let me know what you think & any improvements are welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xdvv5fxg1655isd/ATTACKING_4-2-3-1_PRESSING.tac

Currently 9 matches unbeaten with this playing as Bristol City. Hampered by injuries and so also have some U-18's filling in. Only made the following changes

DR- Wingback changed to support to provide abit more cover for the Raumdeuter further up the pitch.

Also changed the roles of the CB, one to cover, another to stopper. Reason behind this is there is still a gap between the midfield and defense as we're not playing with a DM, the BWM doesn't drop as much as i'd like so the stopper steps forward closing the gap a bit when mopping up balls through the middle.

Matt do you get many goals from your striker? I've only had the 1 in 9 games

Cheers Stuart, I'll give your changes a go...

Just checked my stats & my striker has scored 2 in the last 10 games! My goals mainly come from my Raumdeuter & attacking midfielder and my team are the highest scores in all 4 divisions with 40 goals in 17 games...

Matt

Matt the steam workshop tactic is different. Ive just downloaded it and the positions are:

GK

DR - FB support

DCs - Both CD defend

LB - Wing Back attack

CML - Roaming playmaker support

CM - Cemtral midfielder attack

CMR - central midfielder defend

AMR -winger attack

AML - Inside forward attack

S - complete forward attack

How do you download from Steam workshop? I cant work out how to do it?

Go into Steam workshop, find the tactic you want and subscribe to it. The open your game, go to downloads and choose steam workshop and the downloads should be there. Then you can just import your tactics in the tactic section in your game.

Found if you counter the oppositions weakness ie where they concede goals, more goals flow. If opposition concede from say the right wing set 'exploit flanks' and if from deep exploit middle' & 'pass into space'. finding now my striker is starting to bang them in. Results include 4-0 away win at Stoke in Cap One Cup as Bury, 2nd Season.

Tried this out with my young Cardiff team (I'm playing the "can't win anything with kids" challenge). We've won the Championship by some margin already, with six games to play, but we're conceding lots and lots of goals. 61 goals against so far, and we hardly ever get through a game without conceding a goal. We actually won a game against Bournemouth 6-5... Anyway, I was pretty happy with this tactic after a first try, away against Brighton. We didn't manage to win the game (a goalless draw), but my lot are tired after a tough spell in the league and the FA Cup. And we did create tons of chances, so it looks promising. Thanks! :)

Archived