Scoring more with the ST

I am looking for ways too improve my team, especially to get my ST to score more. My AMR is performing amazingly good, but unfortunately he is about get poached by Real Madrid.. I tried playing my ST as an Advance Forward, Poacher, Complete Striker etc. but I cannot get him to work with my tactic. I have been reluctant to make changes to the whole team as I'm first in the Bundesliga and Schalke has not won the league in over 50 years.. Don't want to spoil it ;-)

I could not upload any pictures to the forum, so I used imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/oKOhD

Unfortunately I am not a tactical guru so I do not use a lot of instructions, as they tend to have the opposite effect..

Many thanks!

Unfortunately I am not a tactical guru so I do not use a lot of instructions

Neither! :lol:

I played this formation for 80% of my matches during FM14, love it. The one strength is that with two Defensive Midfielders you can afford to commit your fullbacks, especially one. Looking at how you've laid out your team I'd give you DL a much more attacking role (CWB (A), WB (A)), permitting he has the attributes? You may find committing that extra man forward may help to create more space in the final third. As for your striker, you AMC, AML & ST are all looking to play in the same area. I'd look to wither change your ST to an Advanced Forward or Complete Forward (A) to create more space for your playmaker (AMC). Alternatively you can make your AMC a Shadow Striker, which could work equally as well.

What are the padlocks on the players?

I think that he's 'locked' the players to certain roles. So Hoger for example will be locked to Regista whenever he's picked in that position. It helps as you don't have to constantly be changing roles when bring different players into your starting XI. You can also locked PIs for certain players to get the best out individuals.

Neither! :lol:

I played this formation for 80% of my matches during FM14, love it. The one strength is that with two Defensive Midfielders you can afford to commit your fullbacks, especially one. Looking at how you've laid out your team I'd give you DL a much more attacking role (CWB (A), WB (A)), permitting he has the attributes? You may find committing that extra man forward may help to create more space in the final third. As for your striker, you AMC, AML & ST are all looking to play in the same area. I'd look to wither change your ST to an Advanced Forward or Complete Forward (A) to create more space for your playmaker (AMC). Alternatively you can make your AMC a Shadow Striker, which could work equally as well.

Unfortunately my left fullback is as good with the ball as pirate with a wooden left leg. In defense he makes very good use of his pistol however ;-)

My AMC has the potential to be one of the worlds finest playmakers, unfortunately he is really bad at shooting.. so Shadow Striker is unfortunately not an option for him :( I just acquired Firmino however and I am retraining him to a ST, and will play his as a CF with attacking duty. In summer I will see to get a better attacking left back.

Regarding locking the player duty: Tactics -> click on the position on the pitch -> player instructions -> Add Player (bottom left)

Using a 4231 myself, with an ADF, scoring a decent amount + assisting, same with the AML/AMR. I think using an ADF works well because the game likes direct play atm, either direct balls to your striker or to your wingers.

Archived