I get stuck into the game so bad!

I use 4-5-1 using the roles as below:

wb(s/d) cd(d) cd(d) wb(s/d)

bwm(d)

dlp(s) ap(a)

if(a) w(s)

poacher(a)

*s/d depends on opponent weaknesses.

I also use --> direct playing - pass into space - work into box - drill crosses - run at defense - exploit the middle(or exploit the flanks based on opponent wings) - overlap - play wider - stick to positions - hassle opponent - stand by feet - tight marking - higher tempo

Balanced or counter mentality

and all tactics familiarity are fluid except width is component.

The problems are : players can pass more than 5 times - lots of mis-chances although I have eto'o, elshrawy and balotelli - opponent always pass and over run in midfield without any troubles but my players can't be dominant for even 2 mins - We always giving chances to opponent in front of our penalty box while I have 2 good defenders in comparison to other clubs striker like caliari or even weaker - we can't find a way to be dominant even we are one goal behind, my players loose the ball easily, can't even find a hole in defenders and lots of other problems that make my team look like amateur team.

I really have worked a lot using lots of sites and forums to improve my team quality but it really is not working at all!

Some basic things.

A) I would call that a 41221 rather than a 451. Using a AML/AMR leaves your flanks as a weakness that the opposition can exploit and with a BWM at DM he will also chase the ball leaving your fullbacks somewhat isolated.

B) Your fullbacks should virtually never be on defend as that leaves all four defenders backing off the ball and no-one applying pressure to the ball carrier (The only time you should consider it is towards the end of a match when defending a lead).

C) Two playmakers in the middle.

D) Lone forward as an attacking poacher is something I hate, they contribute nothing to the transition phase of play leaving you with problems getting the ball forward.

E) Far too many instructions, some which contradict each other and the mentality.

What I would advise:

A) Read the sticky threads in the tactics forum about building tactics.

B) Delete every single instruction and start again. Only add an instruction when you know what it does and how it benefits your tactic, if you aren't sure don't select it.

C) In terms of your roles/duties I would change your ST to a supporting role (F9, DLF, TM, CF are all suitable depending on the player). Lose one of the playmakers and I would change your DM to a anchor man or half back.

D) With a slower mentality such as counter I would also consider dropping the AML/AMR back to ML/MR to protect your flanks more. If you want to play higher tempo/more direct such as control it might be better to leave them at AML/AMR (But they will still be weak defensively).

I have changed a little so I have these two tactics:

1-

Wb(s) CD(d) cd(d) wb(a)

anchor(d)

dlp(s) ap(a)

IF(s/a) if(s/a)

cf(s)

instructions : pass into space - work ball into box - play out of defence - drill crosses - more disciplined - stay on feet - retain possession - push higher up - hassle oponent

tactics familarity :all fluid excepts width (competent)

mentality : standard/control

2-

Wb(s) CD(d) cd(d) wb(a)

dlp(s) bbm(s)

IF(a) ap(a) if(s)

cf(s)

instructions : pass into space - work ball into box - play out of defence - drill crosses - more expressive- stay on feet - more direct passing- push higher up - play wider - run at defence- hassle oponent - overlap

tactics familarity :all fluid excepts width (competent)

mentality : attacking/control

Actually I can just play as good as my opponent when my opponents are weaker than my team! Could please help me to figure out my problems

Archived