Player unhappy with team talk method

I have recently taken over a club and managed to sign players like Huddleston and Norwood due to the finances been available.

The job I took was a big step up in my journeyman career as I left Scottish Premiership club to take over Preston NE who had just been relegated from the English Premiership after previously managing Choongquin and Larne.

Is it a reputational thing that they are not happy with my team talks, even though I signed the players?

Is there a way of fixing it, to make them happy - never had this in other teams ive managed in the series?

I recently had this problem with Bertand Traore at Chelsea. I fell out with him, so he got transfer listed and dumped in the U18's. A few months later and it's as if nothing happened and he's back on my side. Although I will hold that grudge for a long time to come! lol

Your lower reputation gives players more encouragement to speak out when they do not agree with your approach, there are only two ways to get them back onside, win & win consistently or change your approach to one that they like. For the latter you can get more feedback from your assistant manager if the match that caused the players to question you was the most recent one played.

Thanks Alex, Im currently top after 9 games so hopefully if I keep winning the first suggestion will kick in eventually.

How do I getmore feedback from the assistant - which screen is it on and how do you change the approach to one that works - trial and error?

In addition to what Alex Crawford said, bear in mind that if you were reasonable, and they're upset, then it tells you a lot about that player rather than yourself.

I had this last night in my save. I'm usually very calm in my management style. I've had a talented, expensive, underperforming and slightly temperamental player in my team. After a fixture where I wasn't happy with the performance level, I gave the team a very minor scolding. Most responded positively, only one responded negatively (he wasn't even singled out) and he then went moaning to the press.

I offered him for £35m and when PSG came knocking at my door... off you go son :)

It happens, mind you I've had it happen in a somewhat justified way too.

My team won 1-0, we had about 20+ shots, 5CCC's, we dominated, battered the opposition but the performance rating was 6.6 on average and I felt that the team would not be able to pull that off against bigger opposition. So I did the 'you need to do better against bigger teams' - Some acknowledged it, others thought the criticism was unjust because they played well (and they did, never mind the bloody ratings) its just difficult in the context of the limited team talk options to say 'You did well, but you need to be more clinical in front of goal or we'll be bollocked!'

Really hope we'll see team talks getting overhauled in FM15.

I've been using the same "Pleased with how you're playing, keep it up/I'm happy with that result" and "Far from pleased with how you're playing/Not happy with that result" for the last 4 versions because it always gets by far the best reaction, regardless of context. Boring.

Archived