Tutor a Model Professional Youth Intake?

Well it depends what you want. Model pro isn't that great of a personality type, its good but not great because all it consist of is Temp/Pro so it can still lack ambition and if it does then he may never reach his full potential as a player needs Pro/Ambi to achieve that. I prefer my players to have better personalities than model pro in all honesty.

Post 13 in here explains personality and lists them all so you can make up your own mind though :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

Obviously Model Professional is better than most personalities, but Cleon's point on considering Ambition is important. I like Driven personalities a lot. A good combination of Determination, Professionalism & Ambition is superb.

Well it depends what you want. Model pro isn't that great of a personality type, its good but not great because all it consist of is Temp/Pro so it can still lack ambition and if it does then he may never reach his full potential as a player needs Pro/Ambi to achieve that. I prefer my players to have better personalities than model pro in all honesty.

Post 13 in here explains personality and lists them all so you can make up your own mind though :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

But in that very same thread and post, you state that:

"As I'm focusing on youth development with the aim of developing/buying cheap and selling for (hopefully) big money then player personality is a big part of what I'm trying to achieve. So for this I need players who I know will train hard and give it their all. What determines this is not determination, that is a misconception amongst the community, what you need to look for in a player is an indication of the hidden attribute professionalism. Ambition wouldn't hurt either but ultimately it is professionalism that determines how well a player applies himself in training."

To me, it seems that you clearly suggest that, while ambition is nice to have, it's not essential in terms of player development. Now you say that it is just as important. Could you please elaborate on these attributes a bit more perhaps?

But in that very same thread and post, you state that:

"As I'm focusing on youth development with the aim of developing/buying cheap and selling for (hopefully) big money then player personality is a big part of what I'm trying to achieve. So for this I need players who I know will train hard and give it their all. What determines this is not determination, that is a misconception amongst the community, what you need to look for in a player is an indication of the hidden attribute professionalism. Ambition wouldn't hurt either but ultimately it is professionalism that determines how well a player applies himself in training."

To me, it seems that you clearly suggest that, while ambition is nice to have, it's not essential in terms of player development. Now you say that it is just as important. Could you please elaborate on these attributes a bit more perhaps?

No I wasn't clearly suggesting that at all and you've took the words slightly out of context. Like I stated in a previous post in this thread its about what you are doing and what you want, so you should base what personality you want the players to have off of that. The bolded bit is the key part of that quote of mine. Just because someone applies them self correctly in training it does not mean they are guaranteed to hit their potential. For someone to hit their potential they need ambition and professionalism and for that they are both equal. Ambition is the players drive if you like and high ambition means they'll want to do well in order to play at the highest level and this also applies to player development which is why pro/amb go hand in hand. The downside of high ambition is these are the players who tend to want to move if you can't match that ambition.

Archived