PC or MAC

Ok my old PC has finally died of old age so I'm in the market for a new computer. My major requirement is buying something for five years that come the release of FM 20 is just as fast and the graphics card can handle the game. One major problem I had with my old computer was the processor was slow and the graphics had trouble with FM 14. First question is do I buy a PC or MAC and I ask if anybody got any other advice I'm all ears

Buy a mac if

- You like pretty things

- You have a lot of money you don't mind "wasting"

- You do a lot of image/video/music editing, or other multimedia tasks, or want to do any kind of development on iOS

Buy a PC if you don't particularly care about any of the above, or you want more value

Should also add reading the OP that buying something now and expecting things "in five years" to be the same is a useless thought. No-one (not even SI) have any real idea what things will be like in 5 years. We don't know what the FM15 requirements are yet.

Just buy the best specs you can afford and hope for the best. Or buy one that has enough space to make any upgrades necessary in the future.

They both do the same thing. Spend the same on a PC as you would a Mac and you'll have a better computer. It's a personal preference, but if you already own software - as stated above - it may not work on whichever computer you go for. FM is cross-platform, so in that sense it doesn't make a difference. But if you can't afford a Mac then you can probably spec a PC to the same as Mac for the same price.

Bottom line is cheap PCs are cheap for a reason, they don't last. Macs last because they are built well, but I find them overpriced. I'd buy a PC with the same specs if not better, for a cheaper price.

So yeh -

I guess if you want something that can keep up with game requirements in 2020, you should go for a PC because Macs are hard to modify. You can't take out the graphics card and replace with a better one, nor increase your RAM yourself, or your SSD space. At least with a PC, you can spend a little money and get a new graphics card and just swap out your old one and you should be set if your other specs are the highest end ones available now.

Macs are certainly able to game now, I'm using the late 2013 15" retina and I can play Dota 2 and other games at 60fps thanks to the GPU. My cheap PC would max out at around 30fps.

But like forameuss mentioned, I do like pretty things, parents bought it for me for school because I do image editing and video editing, amongst other stuff, so he's spot on there. As long as you get the highest end mbp with the GPU, it should be able to handle most games quite well.

Archived