[FM14] GB & Ireland..can I win it all?

Lenzar

After I got back into a dafuge save with FC United, in which I am currently fighting among the playoff places in League One, my Forest save died a bit of a death. However, to keep my interest high, I'm going to try and rotate the dafuge save with a challenge similar to the one that Barney Butterball completed with FM13. I am going to try and win everything in the game's 'UK & Ireland' region. I will, however, change the list a little to incorporate the European competitions and international events.

The List

England

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

Conference National

Conference North

Conference South

FA Cup

League Cup

FA Trophy

Football League Trophy

Community Shield

Scotland

Premiership

Championship

League One

League Two

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

Scottish League Challenge Cup

Wales

Premier League

Welsh Cup

Welsh League Cup

Northern Ireland

Premier League

Championship 1

Championship 2

Irish Cup

Irish League Cup

Antrim Shield

Steel & Sons Cup

Intermediate Cup

Mid-Ulster Cup

Eire

Premier Division

First Division

FAI Cup

League of Ireland Cup

Munster Senior Cup

Others

All-Ireland Cup

Champions League

Europa League

Club World Cup

International

European Championships

World Cup

Confederations Cup

Manager Profile

As usual I play as myself. This gives me English first nationality, with German second (my paternal grandfather was a German PoW). My favourite club is listed as AFC Wimbledon.

As you can see I already got a job, with Finn Harps in the Irish First Division.

1627_Logo.png

Can I win it all? - Club #1 - Finn Harps FC, Eire.

Full Name: Finn Harps Football Club (Cumann Peile Chláirsigh na Finne)

Nickname: Harps

Year Founded: 1954

Stadium: 7,500 (500 seated)

TakeoverHarps_zps5df7422a.png

A little bit of history, but enough room to perhaps make a name for myself early on, even if only in Ireland.

Finances & Squad

HarpsFinanceTakeover_zps267aed13.png

As much as can be expected.

HarpsSquadTakeover_zpsde39cbf6.png

I have done better with worse bunches of lads, but I don't like the lack of quality along the flanks

1627_Logo.png

Can I win it all? - Takeover Report (Midseason) - Finn Harps

Board Expectations

Irish First Division - Reach Playoffs

Club already out of all cups

Personal Expectations

Irish First Division - With Longford and Athlone as far ahead as they are, I'd be happy with this

Budgets

Transfer: €0

Wages: €1,790 p/w (currently spending €1,762)

Balance: €13,158

League As It Stands

HarpsLeagueTakeover_zpse412d0d8.png

So. Try to stay as we are? Let's get going!

1627_Logo.png

Can I win it all? - July 2013 - Finn Harps

Transfers

FHTransfersJuly13_zpsa2f1287b.png

With no transfer budget to speak of, and a scouting 'department' that consisted of only one scout, at least until I found someone else to join him, I'm happy that I was able to find even these two signings.

Shane Sweeney

My scout's top pick, Sweeney immediately went into the side, so far proving solid enough.

According to my scout, Shevlin has the potential to 'improve a lot'. I probably won't see much of him, but I'll keep an eye on his career should be of use to me at another club later on.

Irish First Division

FHFixturesJuly13_zpsf744a9f9.png

FHLeagueJuly13_zpsa7de4127.png

A good start, but I don't think we have it in us to overhaul the gap to Longford. As I've not managed in Ireland before, I'm not sure how the playoffs work - it seems 2nd and 3rd go into a playoff along with the second bottom team from the Premier Division.

2nd and 3rd have a two-legged playoff, with the winner going against the second bottom in the Premier Division in another two-legged tie to determine any possible promotion/relegation.

So after playing the same team FOUR TIMES, I then have to play them twice more? Nice...

Hopefully I'll get the Irish stuff won quickly. :)

1627_Logo.png

Can I win it all? - August 2013 - Finn Harps

Irish First Division

FHFixturesAugust13_zpsd27745e3.png

FHLeagueAugust13_zpsb5507742.png

After smashing Mervue Utd, it became clear to me how randomised the league had been so far - Carel Tiofack had apparently been poor, but was easily among my best players. The draw against Waterford was poor, with shocking finishing from both sides. Easily our best result so far came in the next match against Longford, before another easy victory against bottom side Cobh Ramblers. The match against Athlone was what some would deem a 'thriller', as the ball flew from end-to-end, with the only surprise being that the score was as low as it was.

The squad still have a few areas that need strengthening, although nowhere near as much as it would seem on paper. Players such as my right winger, Mark Forker, have been far better than their star ratings would suggest. Currently, I'm hopeful that I can overturn Athlone and whichever side come to finish 9th in the IPD.

1627_Logo.png

Can I win it all? - September 2013 - Finn Harps

Irish First Division

FHFixturesSeptember13_zpsd775042d.png

FHLeagueSeptember13_zps4b586102.png

A very quiet month saw us drop two points against a poor Salthill side, before another easy win against a side struggling near the bottom of the division. With just two games to go, I need a single point to ensure qualification - even if I lose both, Waterford Utd's goal difference is far enough below mine that barring two utter thrashings, I should be alright.

Archived