Loans to non-playable league relatively ineffective?

I'd heard about loaning a youngster to a non-playable league was ineffective in former versions of fm but that it was fixed on this one. I have a promising young goalkeeper whose stats were improving well simply from being in the under 18's and getting tutored, with Watford. I loaned him out to Genclerbiligi in Turkey whom have superb training facilities and he played 19 competitive games for them over the season (injured for part of it). Only two stats went up by 1 over the course of the season long loan. Also interestingly when I talked to him whilst he was on loan, he said "are you joking the facilities here are awful", when I told him to take advantage of them, even though they are superb!?

Wondering if I should stick to playable league loaning, or if this was just an anomaly (and if so what factors may have contributed to such poor development?)...or if keeping players in the under 18's is better than loaning altogether...

Cheers.

My guess would be that he didn't develop very much because of the low number of games and the injury. I haven't loaned many players out to non-playable leagues, but the few that I have to my work permit feeder in a non-playable league have all turned out pretty well. I don't think they would have been any better or worse off if they had been training at my club instead.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Biggus he could of got some games but was rather lightweight and young for a keeper so I thought it'd be better to play a better keeper, try to ensure promotion and hope he'd get 30 or so games there. Sosasoser yeah I guess the injury may have had a bigger effect than I thought, interesting to know that with your feeder clubs it's been fine to loan to non-playable leagues, I'll have to experiment with it again sometime. If I can improve stats at an impressive level in my under 18's/under 21's I'd be happy with sticking to that!

Archived